GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC combined debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC combined debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSBC combined debt

Originally posted by planB View Post
    No doubt DJ Henrietta Manners would find a way
    Your bestest mate eh
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Your bestest mate eh
      Me and 2.5 million M & S credit card account holders

Comment

Me and 2.5 million M & S credit card account holders
        Just referred one to Paul about ten mins back....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This would be really good news for me and really bad news for Marlin if I can substantiate it

Would Paul gives us his view because it would be nice to establish the legal bottom line on these combined accounts
          I will dig through my paperwork on this tomorrow.... PROMISE!!

Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Ok... I've gone through my paperwork and found it. The OC in question had amalgamated a credit card balance and a flexi-loan balance with the small overdraft balance on my current account.... and then sold the whole lot to an external DCA under that current account reference number. As I had not signed any documentation authorising them to do this, the whole thing was challenged under CCA 1974; s82(2)/(3) as follows:

82 (2) Where an agreement (a "modifying agreement") varies or supplements an earlier agreement, the modifying agreement shall for the purposes of this At be treated as:-

a) revoking the earlier agreement and

b) containing provisions reproducing the combined effect of the two agreements, and obligations outstanding in relation to the earlier agreement shall accordingly be treated as outstanding instead in relation to the modifying agreement.

(3) If the earlier agreement is a regulated agreement but (apart from this subsection) the modifying agreement is for running account credit, it shall be treated as a regulated agreement.

Not heard a peep out of anyone for 5 and half years now....
            Last edited by PriorityOne; 10 April 2013, 21:17.
            Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for that, at present I only know that the dca has asked for an inflated amount with a different reference/account number and stated that it is unregulated!
              Can I ask if when the dca contacted you, they initially quoted your original account number or did they use a new one (ie) one from dg (in house chaps)
              Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Rascaljesse View Post
                Thanks for that, at present I only know that the dca has asked for an inflated amount with a different reference/account number and stated that it is unregulated!
                Can I ask if when the dca contacted you, they initially quoted your original account number or did they use a new one (ie) one from dg (in house chaps)
                Thanks again
                The DCA had a completely different ref. no but used a client ref. no..... which was my current account no. On the face of it, it looked like it was an in-house assignment but after combing through the SAR info. from the OC, it became clear that several accounts had been sold, so the "client" ref. no. was a red herring as far as I was concerned.

Don't take any notice of what a DCA tells you..... they need to back up any claims they make in writing.
                Last edited by PriorityOne; 10 April 2013, 21:36.
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Just a point of clarity - the actual account number matters little no matter how strong an argument you think it is. You have to concentrate on getting SAR then we can take it a step further.

It's easy to resolve (well kinda) but you need to get the data (SAR) first or its all "what if's".....

Comment

Action plan -

1. Get SAR
                    2. Speak to p1 and follow suit
                    3. Relax

How hard is that?

Comment

Just a point of clarity - the actual account number matters little no matter how strong an argument you think it is. You have to concentrate on getting SAR then we can take it a step further.

It's easy to resolve (well kinda) but you need to get the data (SAR) first or its all "what if's".....
                      Yes.... agreed. In my case, I signed no new agreements EVER, so there was no authority for the OC to amalgamate. The fact that the cheeky bar stewards chose my current account to amalgamate it all into was a p*ss-take of the highest order but all of this was evident in the SAR info. A lot of this info. was coded though, so you may really need to plough through it.
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Yea but where they use codes they MUST supply a supplementary definition sheet

However it was based around the amalgamation from regulated to non regulated that held you the most regard. ie you had em by the balls

Comment

Yea but where they use codes they MUST supply a supplementary definition sheet

However it was based around the amalgamation from regulated to non regulated that held you the most regard. ie you had em by the balls
                          They might have included it in with the SAR.... can't remember.... but it took bloody ages to plough through everything because there were three accounts going back some time.

I do remember they fecking hated me though. They tried all kinds of sneaky manoeuvres to get me on the phone to discuss it but I kept telling them to p*ss off. As you do.... lol!
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

You know I feckin hate HSBC. Anything we can do to screw the feckers - I'm game.

P1 are you ok helping out with this? When you sort templates could I get a copy for AAD please then they're handy for access and other users in similar position

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              They might have included it in with the SAR.... can't remember.... but it took bloody ages to plough through everything because there were three accounts going back some time.

I do remember they fecking hated me though. They tried all kinds of sneaky manoeuvres to get me on the phone to discuss it al but I kept telling them to piss off. As you do.... lol!

Wrong person to get clever with. As they learned, you know your stuff so argue at their peril ()

Was yours HBOS or HSBC?

Comment

You know I feckin hate HSBC. Anything we can do to screw the feckers - I'm game.

P1 are you ok helping out with this? When you sort templates could I get a copy for AAD please then they're handy for access and other users in similar position

Thanks
                                Yep... no worries

I've still got copies of all letters I've ever used, so any templates should be easy.
                                Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                                X