GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC combined debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC combined debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSBC combined debt

Hmm, as usual I'm goosed Cheers nids, so if it were possible, how could you push/ encourage em into sending it back to the OC???

Comment

Well if they've bundled debts - clarify which and I'll sort you a letter....
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for that explanation. I'll get my head around it in due course.

In my case (and possibly the OP's too) HSBC combined my debts which were an O/D + personal loan (regulated by the CCA because I have the agreement to prove that and they don't ) into one when I went into a DMP still with HSBC four years ago. I paid them one sum of money (via my DMP) under one new account number for a year. Then when I dumped my DMP the combined debt was sold to Marlin two years ago. I challenged it and it's gone very quiet after a lot of letter writing.

According to my latest CRA file it's still owned by Marlin so I don't know whether they have sent it back to HSBC. I'm keeping my head down for now..

Comment

Ok HSBC are known for doing this. It's not merged which is the main thing. In your case you have s.77 & s.74 (A&B). As you correctly stated only the latter is in fact regulated so if Marlin were to issue a claim they would split both accounts on the N1 - like....

"1. the claimant claims £x in respect of a regulated agreement pursuant to the CCA1974 under account number x, y & z which was a personal loan....."

"2. the claimant claims £x in respect of a bank account overdraft under account number x, y & z....."

"3. the claimant claims £(1+2) plus £(extras) and interest at....."

get the idea?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Ok HSBC are known for doing this. It's not merged which is the main thing. In your case you have s.77 & s.74 (A&B). As you correctly stated only the latter is in fact regulated so if Marlin were to issue a claim they would split both accounts on the N1 - like....

"1. the claimant claims £x in respect of a regulated agreement pursuant to the CCA1974 under account number x, y & z which was a personal loan....."

"2. the claimant claims £x in respect of a bank account overdraft under account number x, y & z....."

"3. the claimant claims £(1+2) plus £(extras) and interest at....."

get the idea?

I'm afraid I do. Let's hope Marlin don't

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              All dca's purchase toxic debts with a specific term whereby they have right to recourse (return to OC for a refund) if a serious complaint arises.

. . . . Some will just sell it on again. But usually it'll go back to the OC who will split them and resell as individual accounts again
              Sorry to be a pain with another question but I want to fully understand this oddity. If the debt purchaser sells or returns my account back to the OC would I expect to get a new NOA from debt purchaser so I know that's what happened? In my case once I raised the query (albeit several times) I've heard nothing from Marlin for a year but it was still in their name on my Equifax file a few months ago.

Comment

Nooooo - recourse means (in this context) that they purchase a cd full of accounts and not all the paperwork/history. So if the debtor ever raises a dispute then the purchaser can recourse back to the OC to request the info to manage your complaint.

Think of it like the purchaser SARing the OC as part of the sale contract.

This usually occurs without full assignment ever having taken place, it's partially assigned. If the purchaser does buy full assignment they get the history of the account at time of purchase.

To answer your question there's been no additional assignment so you'd not get notified, but the purchaser (dca) will reply to your query telling you they're locating the info requested.

Comment

If there's an amalgamated balance sold by Absolute Assignment, then the DCA is fecked.
                  Remember the mantra:
                  NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                  Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                  Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                    If there's an amalgamated balance sold by Absolute Assignment, then the DCA is fecked.
                    I like your explanation best

Comment

Thats the layman version, yes

Comment

Hiya P1. That's very interesting
                        CO OP amalgamated my loan and overdraft a few years ago and recently sold it to CABOT.
                        No paperwork for the loan CO OP say it was destroyed as it was over 6years old. Loan was off 1999/2000.
                        I CCA'd CABOT they said it was a current account overdraft. Pay up. I'am ignoring them
                        So if CABOT have absolute assignment and no paperwork are they up the creek.

Comment

If it was a loan (regulated) they will not be able to enforce citing it was an OD if you've evidence of the contrary.

Comment

Yes I can prove it was a loan I have the papers ,and a letter from the CO OP in Dec 13 confirming this also.

Thank you

Comment

Then don't worry. You get a claim PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
                                I can prove it was a loan I have the papers
                                If you've got a copy of your original credit agreement amongst those papers don't show it to the Cabot as proof that it was a loan not an O/D at this moment in time. If they find a way of chasing you for that loan then they may use your copy of the CCA as the basis of any claim if the Co-op can't produce one.

Less is more right now

Comment

Working...
                                X