GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC combined debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC combined debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSBC combined debt

Can I ask all you amalgamated or combined debt folks a question please?....when the loan element of your debt was terminated early, was the amount the full amount outstanding(ie) amount borrowed plus interest?....or at the point of termination did the amount represent a balance that had been paid off early ( ie) minus the interest that would have been due if the loan had run its course?
    does it have any significance ?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldandblue View Post
      Hiya P1. That's very interesting
      CO OP amalgamated my loan and overdraft a few years ago and recently sold it to CABOT.
      No paperwork for the loan CO OP say it was destroyed as it was over 6years old. Loan was off 1999/2000.
      I CCA'd CABOT they said it was a current account overdraft. Pay up. I'am ignoring them
      So if CABOT have absolute assignment and no paperwork are they up the creek.
      If you have a letter stating that paperwork was destroyed, then you could send that to Cabot if they start to get heavy. If the paperwork has been destroyed, then I'd be interested to know how Cabot maintain it's an overdraft and even if it was an overdraft, they still have an obligation to comply with a CCA request; just not sec. 77/78 of it.

Originally posted by Rascaljesse View Post
      Can I ask all you amalgamated or combined debt folks a question please?....when the loan element of your debt was terminated early, was the amount the full amount outstanding(ie) amount borrowed plus interest?....or at the point of termination did the amount represent a balance that had been paid off early ( ie) minus the interest that would have been due if the loan had run its course?
      Mine was an amalgamation of 3 accounts; credit card, loan account and overdraft.... but because I had a copy of the final bank statement before the account was closed showing a completely different figure, they were fecked.

Payments made at the beginning of a loan agreement are normally interest payments, so it takes some time before the actual balance of what you've borrowed gets reduced. When I had a loan terminated by a different creditor, the balance they were chasing did not allow for any deduction of interest for this reason. They just terminated and chased me for the balance on their books.

As they had no enforceable paperwork, I had no intention of paying them..... so didn't really care.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

.....my scenario is that the loan was terminated and a figure that represented the loan as if it had been settled early (with the interest knocked off) was added to a overdraft given a new reference number and sold on, I'm just trying to figure out if this counts as being amalgamated, .....because it does seem a bit odd that the amount reflects an early settlement figure?

Comment

.....my scenario is that the loan was terminated and a figure that represented the loan as if it had been settled early (with the interest knocked off) was added to a overdraft given a new reference number and sold on, I'm just trying to figure out if this counts as being amalgamated, .....because it does seem a bit odd that the amount reflects an early settlement figure?
          Yep.... amalgamated and sold. Whatever they've done or not done in the past, they've still amalgamated two accounts in the future.
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya Rascaljesse

With my loan the interest was added every 6 months, so it was the balance outstanding plus 6months interest when the loan was closed and transferred into my current account and made me K9+ overdrawn, then charged interest on the o/d balance along with service charges and daily excess charges every month. This went on for months until I finally got them to freeze it. So they were going to get the money one way or another.

Can't give you advice as I'am new myself, but I can say the people here are wonderful and thank them for their help and advice, I'am now beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Things are hotting up here!!!
              Would P1 recommend that I send them a copy of my closing bank statement??

Comment

Things are hotting up here!!
                In what way are they hotting up Rascal?

Comment

My accounts been passed to MC!!

Comment

Do you mean Mortimer Clarke solicitors? Tell us what the letter says please.

Comment

Yep it's Mortimer Clarke.
                      The big fish just announced that their passing it to their "agent" have not had the hello from them yet , but am guessing its gonna have the same content as my 14 day lba for my other account that's with shoosmith!
                      Bugger!!

Comment

"14 day lba for my other account that's with shoosmith!"
                        Which nids has just had a look at and thinks is enforceable, so will be speaking to em pronto!!

Comment

Yep it's Mortimer Clarke.
                          The big fish just announced that their passing it to their "agent" have not had the hello from them yet , but am guessing its gonna have the same content as my 14 day lba for my other account that's with shoosmith!
                          I won't interfere because I can see Priority1 has been handling your situation.

To make things clear though what do you mean when you say MC solicitors say they'll be handing it to their "agent"? Did they name names in their letter? And who do you mean when you say "the big fish"?

Comment

Hi, sorry for for not being clearer.
                            I've had a letter from marlin saying that they've handed recovery to shoosmith solicitors and then a letter from shoosmith saying that I've got 14 days to sort something out with them.
                            And I've had a letter from marlin saying that they have appointed Mortimer clarke( but not had the pay up or else letter from MC yet).

Comment

I've had a letter from marlin saying that they've handed recovery to shoosmith solicitors and then a letter from shoosmith saying that I've got 14 days to sort something out with them.
                              And I've had a letter from marlin saying that they have appointed Mortimer clarke( but not had the pay up or else letter from MC yet).
                              Okay. Sorry to be so dumb, have I got this right now:

Marlin have passed your HSBC current account to Shoosmiths solicitors who have sent a LBA (have you replied?)

and

Marlin have sent you a letter saying that they're passing your HSBC personal loan to Mortimer Clarke solicitors who haven't written to you yet.

Comment

Ha, sorry to confuse plan B
                                I really should have started a diary,
                                I've got two accounts with marlin,
                                One with shoosmith and one now with mc .
                                One is a credit card and one is a combined/amalgamated debt (loan and overdraft)
                                Any ideas how to go about making a monthly offer that will avoid a charging order?!

Comment

Working...
                                X