GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HSBC combined debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC combined debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HSBC combined debt

Originally posted by Rascaljesse View Post
    .......I'd best put the shampers back in the fridge then
    I'm all for being optimistic but I'm also used to process so sadly things rarely turn out as you expect. You will get results but sometimes you won't. It's easy to remedy any error prior to a claim so as there's no claim forthcoming they can sell it to joe blogs, his aunty, her cousin and back to Niddy if they wanted.

You couldn't do shit. So long as they kept you informed with the correct paperwork.

Just see what the SAR brings. P1 is good at this shit so if she can blag it for you then great. No promises and no false hopes. One thing about me/AAD - we do t say what people WANT to hear. We say what people NEED to hear

You'll be fine. Let's get this SAR sorted. In the meantime write back (regards cca) with the above
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
      Yes... I have experienced this as well but once the account was returned, all that's ever been sent out since are Notice of Sums in Arrears sheets every 6 months or so. This has been going on for about 3-4 years now on one of my other accounts. I've yet to experience an account being returned post-challnege and then being enforced once more by the OC but I'm sure some do try it on.
      ^^^^ see above. I've explained a bit better. As I say let's see what happens. Rascal is in very capable hands with you

Go get em. You need a new scrap I think. Lol. Keep you on your toes.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

BIG THANKS for tonight's education,

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          ^^^^ see above. I've explained a bit better. As I say let's see what happens. Rascal is in very capable hands with you

Go get em. You need a new scrap I think. Lol. Keep you on your toes.
          Yeah... it's been a while since I p*ssed someone off....

Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

BIG THANKS for tonight's education,
            What did you discover when your SAR came back from HSBC Did it show whether you had agreed to combine these two accounts before they sold them to a debt purchaser? Hopefully not

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
              What did you discover when your SAR came back from HSBC Did it show whether you had agreed to combine these two accounts before they sold them to a debt purchaser? Hopefully not
              I'm still waiting on the SAR, it should be any day now, I definitely did not agree to the combining of the accounts, and all I know at present is that the amount is definitely an amalgamation of accounts with the larger amount being a personal loan, when I cca'd the dca they said it was an unregulated account with no cca and they are contacting the oc for more details, as soon as I get the sar info I will post again!!!
              Thanks

Comment

Well they they definitely amalgamated my account the interest that would have been payed if the loan had run full term was knocked of the total and the remainder was added to my current account/overdraft.
                If this applies to me.......
                82 (2) Where an agreement (a "modifying agreement") varies or supplements an earlier agreement, the modifying agreement shall for the purposes of this At be treated as:-

a) revoking the earlier agreement and

b) containing provisions reproducing the combined effect of the two agreements, and obligations outstanding in relation to the earlier agreement shall accordingly be treated as outstanding instead in relation to the modifying agreement.

Basically ...... What does it mean ?
                Are they stuck with this new arrangement, or can they simply revert back to the terms of the original accounts?
                Thanks

Comment

Well they they definitely amalgamated my account the interest that would have been payed if the loan had run full term was knocked of the total and the remainder was added to my current account/overdraft.
                  If this applies to me.......
                  82 (2) Where an agreement (a "modifying agreement") varies or supplements an earlier agreement, the modifying agreement shall for the purposes of this At be treated as:-

a) revoking the earlier agreement and

b) containing provisions reproducing the combined effect of the two agreements, and obligations outstanding in relation to the earlier agreement shall accordingly be treated as outstanding instead in relation to the modifying agreement.

Basically ...... What does it mean ?
                  Are they stuck with this new arrangement, or can they simply revert back to the terms of the original accounts?
                  Thanks
                  Naughty naughty..... they appear to have created a shiny new agreement to suit their own agenda. It's worthless because it doesn't really exist; not in the legal sense anyway. Once they realise you know how it all works (or should work), the DCA should hopefully just feck off.

I have a very busy week at work this week..... how quickly do you need something drafted up? Are you still being harassed or have they backed off for the time being? Do you have any statements that show what the balance was before accounts were amalgamate and sold?
                  Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No rush at all P1, am still waiting for a response from my cca request, interestingly I have also found a threatogram from the in house chaps for the current account before the early closure amount from the loan account was added to it,
                    Thanks

Comment

......yes have statements too!!

Comment

No rush at all P1, am still waiting for a response from my cca request, interestingly I have also found a threatogram from the in house chaps for the current account before the early closure amount from the loan account was added to it,
                        Thanks
                        ......yes have statements too!!
                        Excellent!

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Hi all, have received statements of account for OD and loan, (dca have said that this relates to overdraft, so no cca)
                          what now!!!
                          Can they get an SD with this? Or does the consolidated amount need to be sent back to the OC ? Thanks

Comment

.....it would be nice if, when the OC sold the accounts, the dca were stuck with the amalgamated amount, ... Does the OC have to seperate the accounts or can the dca chase them wholly before separating them themselves for enforcement ???
                            ....anybody ??? Thanks again

Comment

Does the OC have to seperate the accounts or can the dca chase them wholly before separating them themselves for enforcement
                              I'm also looking for legal clarification on this point.

This is a HSBC O/D and a HSBC personal loan which was amalgamated by the bank before they sold it to Marlin. Is that right?

(Marlin are a debt purchaser not a DCA BTW)

Comment

.....it would be nice if, when the OC sold the accounts, the dca were stuck with the amalgamated amount, ... Does the OC have to seperate the accounts or can the dca chase them wholly before separating them themselves for enforcement ???
                                ....anybody ??? Thanks again
                                Ok to my knowledge accounts usually get amalgamated at point of "package sale" or for simple accounting by a firm. Usually a creditor will bundle a persons liabilities and sell the combined debt as one account. However usually there's a buyers caveat that allows recourse to the seller at point of query. 1st Credit do this. Basically what happens is you argue the debt and the buyer (a DCA) requests recourse from the OC (the seller). The OC would then split the debts and provide full details to the creditor.

They CANNOT merge several debts into one and then enforce under one claimed amount as they'd have to state the debt was a regulated agreement and provide the type of credit & original account number. If this was a bank account, card & loan then it'd be a loss for the idiotic claimant each time. What agreement & terms would they send at CPR time? Lol

So what can (and does) happen is they bundle debts into one overall account but on any claim form it'd split the debts in the POC showing each type of debt & a/c ref etc with one overall claimed amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X