GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Way to Go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Way to Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Way to Go?

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
    Hi. Today's update:-

Two letters received today from Rob-Way:-
    First letter dated 03/10/12. “ …...We have removed your phone number from our records. ….. We note the letter issued by BoS. ….confirmed in this letter they will continue with normal collections. We trust this resolves your dispute & request contact …. within 14 days.
    Second letter dated 04/10/12. “NOTE ...IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED … ACT NOW.” No threats of action of any kind.

Ignore both of these and wait until they make some specific threat?
    Indeed. Wait and see.

Comment

I'm still waiting for any reply from BoS to my CCA request,

think i sent it in march? the only letter i got back said 'thank you for your offer to pay £1.00 a month, this is accepable for 6 months, we expect you to contact us then'
      not paid anything since and haven't heard off them, but it is getting near to the festive season and they will be looking for party funds,so will expect the begging letters to start soon

NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi. An update.
        Bank overdraft account LLoydsTSB – originally TSB Moneyplan a/c opened approx early 80's
        Balance approx. £2140
        Last full monthly repayment May 2010
        DMP payments since then.
        Last DMP payment May 2012.
        Being administered by SCM Solicitors for bank.

This is not really an overdraft account, it was a TSB Moneyplan (revolving credit) account allowing up to 30 times the monthly transfer from the current account. I have not so far sent a CCA request in respect of this account.

Letters dated 12/9/12 From LloydsTSB and Apex Credit Management in the same envelope. Apex have been instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. I note that the letters are referring to this as a current account, which it is most definitely not.
        18/9/12 - voicemail message from Apex - "Contact us."

26/09/12 sent CCA Request to Apex, pointing out that this is not a current account, and also incorporating a request to stop the harassing phone calls (which I had not been picking up).

3 letters received from Apex on 1/10/12:-
        First dated 26/09/12Disappointed you have failed to reach any agreement with us...” Ignoring this as it crossed with my letter.
        Second dated 27/09/12 Sorry to learn you have been dissatisfied with the service we have provided …. we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns …..”
        Third dated 27/09/12 (Re CCA request) “In relation to the aforementioned account, we can confirm that we are unable to obtain copies of the required documentation from the original creditor in order to comply with your request due to the fact that your account is a current account and no copies of agreements are available on these types of accounts and therefore your request does not fall under sections 77-79 of the CCA Act of 1974.

They go on to say that they have referred to their clients for the statements of account, and have placed the account on hold until they can forward these to me.
        This is not a current account, I had a separate current account where my salary was paid in, and my regular SO's and DD's were paid out. I am thinking of writing to Apex again to reiterate that this is not a current account. As I see it either LloydsTSB have lost sight of the nature of the a/c, and that this was originally a TSB Moneyplan account, as it is so old and they had discontinued using the name Moneyplan after taking over TSB, OR they are deliberately attempting to mislead by now referring to it as a current account. I know that there was some form of application/agreement signed, and I had a copy of it for many years, not sure if I still have.
        04/10/12. Letter sent to Apex, reiterating that this is not a current account and repeating that it falls under CCA 1974 so I require the info.
        Today received a letter from LTSB dated 04/10/12. "Thank you for contacting us about a Personal Loan. (I didn't) Unfortunately we are unable to trace an account held by you here at the Loan Centre. Please contact your local branch who will be happy to trace this loan for you." Service Delivery Manager.

I don't think this letter in itself means much, unless perhaps LTSB are getting a little perplexed as to the nature of the account , so I will just file it away and await further developments.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          If it was neither an O/D or a loan as such, was it one of them 'flexi-loans'?

It sounds like they don't really know what kind of account it was! If it was from the early 80s though, all they'd need to send is current T&Cs if opened before May 85!
          I guess proof of the exact date it was opened is important to both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            I would say so too...
            ...but, by the sounds of it, that particular subject hasn't come up yet, has it? In which case, I'd let them make the first move...
            No, it's very early days yet. I'm not giving them any pointers in my correspondence.

Comment

Hi. First update of two.

Credit card 6 Capital 1. – Taken out during 00's prior to 2007 I believe
              Balance approx. £440
              DMP payments since then.
              Being administered by lender

02/08/12CCA request sent.
              17/08/12Cap1 sent Recon agreement. Niddy said - the terms are a recon but not relevant to the product I signed up for.
              07/09/12Sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter.

Two letters received from Cap1 on 01/10/12:-
              First letter dated
              25/09/12a long repetitive and waffling response to the MPT letter claiming they have fulfilled their CCA obligations. I would like to send this one to Niddy for an opinion as to how to respond.

Second letter dated
              27/09/12Account has been referred to Fredrickson International. I shall do nothing on this one until I hear from Fredrickson in writing. So far they have attempted to contact me by phone twice in the past two days.
              Letter dated 02/10/12 received from Fredrickson - "Cap1 have passed this account to us for collection ......As we have been appointed as their agent you should now make sure you contact us and not Cap1. ..... Our client now requires payment in full to avoid further action. ....You must phone us immediately ....."
              08/10/12 Account Sold whilst in Dispute (including para re phone harassment) letter sent.
              Fredrickson letter 11/10/12 - “We would be grateful if you will note that we are no longer instructed to act in connection with this matter. We have passed your letter to our clients and would be grateful if you will address all further correspondence with them direct.

Comment

Hi. Second update for today.
                Bank overdraft account LLoydsTSB – originally TSB Moneyplan a/c opened approx early 80's
                Balance approx. £2140
                DMP payments since then.

This is not really an overdraft account, it was a TSB Moneyplan (revolving credit) account allowing up to 30 times the monthly transfer from the current account. I have not so far sent a CCA request in respect of this account.

Letters dated 12/9/12 From LloydsTSB and Apex Credit Management in the same envelope. Apex have been instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. I note that the letters are referring to this as a current account, which it is most definitely not.
                26/09/12sent CCA Request to Apex, pointing out that this is not a current account, and also incorporating a request to stop the harassing phone calls (which I had not been picking up).

3 letters received from Apex on 1/10/12:-

First dated 26/09/12 “Disappointed you have failed to reach any agreement with us...” Ignoring this as it crossed with my letter.
                Second dated 27/09/12 “Sorry to learn you have been dissatisfied with the service we have provided …. we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns …..”
                Third dated 27/09/12 (Re CCA request) “In relation to the aforementioned account, we can confirm that we are unable to obtain copies of the required documentation from the original creditor in order to comply with your request due to the fact that your account is a current account and no copies of agreements are available on these types of accounts and therefore your request does not fall under sections 77-79 of the CCA Act of 1974.”

They go on to say that they have referred to their clients for the statements of account, and have placed the account on hold until they can forward these to me.
                This is not a current account, I had a separate current account where my salary was paid in, and my regular SO's and DD's were paid out. I am thinking of writing to Apex again to reiterate that this is not a current account. As I see it either LloydsTSB have lost sight of the nature of the a/c, and that this was originally a TSB Moneyplan account, as it is so old and they had discontinued using the name Moneyplan after taking over TSB, OR they are deliberately attempting to mislead by now referring to it as a current account. I know that there was some form of application/agreement signed, and I had a copy of it for many years.

04/10/12. Letter sent to Apex, reiterating that this is not a current account and repeating that it falls under CCA 1974 so I require the info.
                Received a letter from LTSB dated 04/10/12.
                "Thank you for contacting us about a Personal Loan. (I didn't)Unfortunately we are unable to trace an account held by you here at the Loan Centre. Please contact your local branch who will be happy to trace this loan for you." Service Delivery Manager.

I don't think this letter in itself means much, unless perhaps LTSB are getting a little perplexed as to the nature of the account , so I will just file it away and await further developments

Apex letter 09/10/12. “Thank you for your recent correspondence the contents of which have been noted. With reference to your recent dispute, we can confirm your account is currently under referal (sic), with our request for a Copy of Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Terms and Conditions due to be supplied by Lloyds Banking Group.”

Comment

Hi all - a couple of updates: First update.
                  Credit card 1 MBNA. – Taken out early 90's
                  Balance approx. £12,000
                  DMP payments since then.
                  “Sold” to Idem Capital securities Ltd (Paragon Personal Finance Ltd) by lender beginning 2012

02/08/12 CCA request sent.
                  01/09/12 Idem sent copy application. Niddy says . Shock horror.
                  However - 12/09/12 Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent.
                  23/10/12 Idem letter - “We need to speak with you – please contact us ...” No other comments.

Do I ignore and wait to see what they do next?

Comment

23/10/12 Idem letter - “We need to speak with you – please contact us ...” No other comments.

I would..............
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Re: Which Way to Go?

Hi - second update:
                      Credit card 2 MBNA. – Taken out early 90's
                      Balance approx. £8,500
                      DMP payments since then.
                      “Sold” to Idem Capital securities Ltd (Paragon Personal Finance Ltd) by lender beginning 2012

No response until Idem letter 20/10/12 “ We need to speak with you . We do not have an ongoing payment arrangement in place upon your account. As a consequence of this your account will be reviewed for placement with an external DCA within the next 7 days. …... Please contact us ...”

Do I ignore this and then when contacted by external DCA, send Sold while account In Dispute letter?

Comment

Hi - second update:

No response until Idem letter 20/10/12 “ We need to speak with you . We do not have an ongoing payment arrangement in place upon your account. As a consequence of this your account will be reviewed for placement with an external DCA within the next 7 days. …... Please contact us ...”

Do I ignore this and then when contacted by external DCA, send Sold while account In Dispute letter?
                        That's what I would do...
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi - second update:

I would for now............

Comment

Actually, just looking again at what Idem sent in response to the CCA, I would like to ask Niddy if he will kindly take a second look.

Comment

Hi all. Another update:-

Bank overdraft account LLoydsTSB – originally TSB Moneyplan a/c opened 80's
                              Balance approx. £2140
                              DMP payments since then.

26/09/12 sent CCA Request to Apex, pointing out that this is not a current account, and also incorporating a request to stop the harassing phone calls (which I had not been picking up).

(NOTE: Most of interim history comment omitted on this occasion)

Received a letter from LTSB dated
                              04/10/12. "Thank you for contacting us about a Personal Loan. (I didn't)Unfortunately we are unable to trace an account held by you here at the Loan Centre. Please contact your local branch who will be happy to trace this loan for you." Service Delivery Manager.
                              Apex letter 09/10/12. “Thank you for your recent correspondence the contents of which have been noted. With reference to your recent dispute, we can confirm your account is currently under referal (sic), with our request for a Copy of Agreement, Statement of Accounts and Terms and Conditions due to be supplied by Lloyds Banking Group.”

Apex letter dated 22/10/12. Salient points:
                              • They think there has been some confusion over the reference number associated with the debt (No there hasn't) and confirm the original LTSB reference number – which is not the current account reference.
                              • They state that this was originally a current account (No it wasn't), and name the branch it was registered with.
                              • They state that the account defaulted on 18/02/11, but I haven't checked that date at this stage, but something about the date and the default amount they quote tells me something is not correct.
                              • They state that as the debt relates to a current account CCA 1974 does not apply.
                              • For my convenience, the £1 payment has been used to reduce my outstanding indebtedness. If I disagree they will arrange for the £1 to be returned to me.

The rest of the letter is about working with me to arrange a repayment plan, and will I complete a financial statement together with my proposal. As a gesture of goodwill, all collection activity will be suspended for 21 days.

I am proposing to write to them once again that this reference is demonstrably not my current account; That it is their mistaken belief (that this does not fall under CCA1974); Requiring them to correct the misappropriation of my £1; And to put it to the use for which it was intended, and to provide the CCA information requested in my original letter.
                              Last edited by Still Waving; 5 November 2012, 20:45. Reason: correct small typo

Comment

Glad to see its not just me.

Apex are the weirdest DCA ever. Think they try to make you think you are on hallucinogenic drugs so do weird things aswell like pay.

We had a letter that said this isnt a demand to pay your account. And that was it. Nothing else no explanation nothing. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X