GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Way to Go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Way to Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Way to Go?

Credit card 6 Capital 1. – Taken out during 00's prior to 2007 I believe
    Balance approx. £440
    Last full monthly repayment May 2010
    DMP payments since then.
    2 months arrears on DMP.
    Being administered by lender

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      Hi

Can you just let us know the creditors are, it helps to know whats what as some creditors are pretty predictable.

You should have a read of the unenforceability section and some of the diaries to get a good feel for how it works.

if you've retired, I believe it is the best option to get rid.

how long did Payplan expect the DMP to go on?
      I presume you were going to pay this off with your lump sum (please don't!!!)
      did they all stop interest and are these pretty accurate balances?
      Sorry - names now added.

I believe virtually all have suspended interest at this time, though I suppose they could commence adding if DMP is stopped??. The balances are pretty accurate based on figures requested from them a few months ago. The Payplan anticipated completion date is 2024.
      Last edited by Still Waving; 31 July 2012, 20:13.

Comment

I'm sorry I just can't see how these so called charities expect some of thes DMPs ever to work...so it was a 14/15 year DMP? and you've now retired? and you would have being paying it 12 years into retirement??

we will support you here and help get your life back

Comment

LLoydsTSB bank account with debit balance – originally TSB Moneyplan a/c opened approx mid 80's
          Balance approx. £2140
          Last full monthly repayment May 2010
          DMP payments since then.
          2 months arrears on DMP.
          Being administered by SCM Solicitors for bank.
          Last edited by Still Waving; 13 March 2013, 13:25.

Comment

"Was this originally an A&L card?"

No, it was always MBNA.

Comment

Personally, from expierence, i can tell you i strongly believe MBNA will NOT be able to find your agreements, and thus these will be Unenfoceable.

If they can not, they WILL admit to UE very quckly, will NOT add interest or anything.

So if i were you, i would get your CCA Request off for both of these straight away, and cancel any payments.
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                As this is an overdraft, different rules apply. For this one, don't send the standard CCA request template with the £1 fee, see here for more info about O/Ds and what to send ---> Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS

I'll have to try to dig out my copy of the original agreement, as this was a revolving credit type of account, where you paid in a fixed monthly sum from your current a/c, and were able to go up to X times that amount into the red.

Comment

By the way - I only realized after registering that there is someone else with a similar username. Apologies all round, there was no intent to cause any possible confusion.

Comment

Many thanks for the advice and messages of support.

I am today sending off the CCA requests in respect of the credit cards, and will update as and when responses come in.

I am hanging fire on the bank account at the moment while I try to find some original paperwork, to get the original nature of the account more clearly established.

Comment

Don't forget to send them recorded delivery...it's worth the extra expense.
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                        Could it have been a flexiloan rather than an O/D? I've got an account that has both.
                        That sort of idea. It was an old TSB a/c called Moneyplan. They are discontinued now, obviously, but the a/c has run on under Lloyds.

Comment

Update: Reply received from Mint re CCA request. They have returned my postal order, and the gist of their letter is

"I am unable to deal with your request due to, (ticked as appropriate)

s78 request received, however this has been returned to you as we require your signature before we can proceed. Please sign your request for information and return ....."

I am therefore proposing to send the template response covering this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
                            Update: Reply received from Mint re CCA request. They have returned my postal order, and the gist of their letter is

"I am unable to deal with your request due to, (ticked as appropriate)

s78 request received, however this has been returned to you as we require your signature before we can proceed. Please sign your request for information and return ....."

I am therefore proposing to send the template response covering this scenario.
                            This is the one:

Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Signature Request by Creditor/DCA

Comment

Hya Vint
                              I sent that one and the next one,Lombard account
                              I've just posted the Lets stop playing silly buggers one and will wait and see what happens

Tesco sent back first request. I sent the no signiture required letter and they sent me a photo copy of some T&C under DPA
                              Last edited by nightwatch; 20 August 2012, 11:19. Reason: extra info

Comment

Thanks guys.

I think I'll try the template letter at first. If it's to be a war of attrition I ought to do my bit. I can try Flowerpower's suggestion later.

Comment

Working...
                                X