GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Way to Go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Way to Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Way to Go?

I would be tempted to do a one liner referring them to your CCA request, they are getting a little ahead of themselves here..............

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      I would be tempted to do a one liner referring them to your CCA request, they are getting a little ahead of themselves here..............
      Thanks MrsD. That's what I'll do, saving the template letters for later on.

Comment

Hi. Another update -

Credit card 3 Bank of Scotland. – Taken out early 90's
        Balance approx. £13,200
        Last full monthly repayment May 2010
        DMP payments since then.
        Last DMP payment May 2012.
        Being administered by Blair Oliver Scott

Originally posted by NotDrowningButWaving View Post
        2/8/12 CCA letter sent.
        14/8/12 date of BoS response – Niddy says Unenforceable.
        20/8/12 date of letter from Blair Oliver Scott “Contact us within 5 days, or else.”.
        28/8/12 Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to BoS.
        29/8/12 Account in Dispute/Harassment & Threat of Doorstep Visit letter sent to Blair O.S.
        4/9/12 received letter dated 28/8/12 from Blair O.S. - "Notice of Intended Court Action. Sum claimed due by 4/9/12."

Do I ignore this latest letter for the time being, given that it has probably crossed with my most recent letters to both BoS and Blair?

I have today received a letter from Bank of Scotland (dated 22 May 2012) in response to my Missing Prescribed Terms letter of 28/08/12.

This is looking like something of a result, although the positive bits are hedged about with all sorts of caveats. Is it the done thing to upload the whole letter here (minus the personal details, of course)?

Comment

Hi. Another update -

Balance approx. £13,200
          DMP payments since then.

I have today received a letter from Bank of Scotland (dated 22 May 2012) in response to my Missing Prescribed Terms letter of 28/08/12.

This is looking like something of a result, although the positive bits are hedged about with all sorts of caveats. Is it the done thing to upload the whole letter here (minus the personal details, of course)?
          Send to Niddy for a look----> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I am confused how you can recieve a letter dated 22/05/12 in response to a letter dated 28/0812.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
              I am confused how you can recieve a letter dated 22/05/12 in response to a letter dated 28/0812.

Not HSBC is it? sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                Makes you wonder, doesn't it, me too, and everybody else probably.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  Send to Niddy for a look----> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk
                  Thanks in 2 deep - sending to Niddy now.

Comment

Hi - an update.

Balance approx. £13,200
                    DMP payments since then.

2/8/12 CCA letter sent.
                    14/8/12 date of BoS response – Niddy says Unenforceable.
                    20/8/12 date of letter from Blair Oliver Scott “Contact us within 5 days, or else.”.
                    28/8/12 Missing Prescribed Terms letter sent to BoS.
                    29/8/12 Account in Dispute/Harassment & Threat of Doorstep Visit letter sent to Blair O.S.
                    4/9/12 received letter dated 28/8/12 from Blair O.S. - "Notice of Intended Court Action. Sum claimed due by 4/9/12."
                    15/9/12 Letter from Bank of Scotland (dated 22 May 2012) in response to my Missing Prescribed Terms letter of 28/08/12. They said that as they cannot produce the original T&Cs they will not seek to enforce, however even if an agreement is unenforceable it is not void and they will continue with normal collections activities.

Letter dated 19/9/12 from BoS Credit Operations Rosyth (but with a Salford return address) "We have arranged for Robinson Way to collect the outstanding amount."
                    Letter dated 24/9/12 from Robinson Way, Salford - "Important... do not ignore. If you do not agree a payment plan with us we may advise our client to start court action. .......... This account may continue to be a worry for you ........ Unpaid debts don't just go away."
                    25/9/12. Voicemail message from Rob-Way - "Contact us."

Any suggestions as to how I should respond to Rob-Way? A Template letter, or ignore for the time being?

Many thanks

Comment

Hi - Another update.

Bank overdraft account LLoydsTSB – originally TSB Moneyplan a/c opened approx early 80's
                      Balance approx. £2140
                      DMP payments since then.
                      Being administered by SCM Solicitors for bank.
                      This is not really an overdraft account, it was a TSB Moneyplan (revolving credit) account allowing up to 30 times the monthly transfer from the current account. I have not so far sent a CCA request in respect of this account.

Letters dated 12/9/12 From LloydsTSB and Apex Credit Management in the same envelope. Apex have been instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. I note that the letters are referring to this as a current account, which it is most definitely not.
                      18/9/12 - voicemail message from Apex - "Contact us."

I'm thinking I should now send the standard CCA request template to Apex, at the same time pointing out that this is not a current account.

Any thoughts on this please? Many thanks.

Comment

Hi - an update.

15/9/12 Letter from Bank of Scotland (dated 22 May 2012) in response to my Missing Prescribed Terms letter of 28/08/12. They said that as they cannot produce the original T&Cs they will not seek to enforce, however even if an agreement is unenforceable it is not void and they will continue with normal collections activities.

Letter dated 19/9/12 from BoS Credit Operations Rosyth (but with a Salford return address) "We have arranged for Robinson Way to collect the outstanding amount."
                        Letter dated 24/9/12 from Robinson Way, Salford - "Important... do not ignore. If you do not agree a payment plan with us we may advise our client to start court action. .......... This account may continue to be a worry for you ........ Unpaid debts don't just go away."

Any suggestions as to how I should respond to Rob-Way? A Template letter, or ignore for the time being?

Many thanks
                        Send rob way account sold whilst in dispute and include a copy of the letter confirming they cant enforce the debt.

Comment

Hi - an update.

Many thanks
                          As Robway are collecting on behalf of the OC, just send them a one liner, enclosing a coby of BOS letter stating they wont enforce.

Also, send the telephone harrassment letter.
                          Last edited by vint1954; 25 September 2012, 15:05.

Comment

Hi - Another update.

This is not really an overdraft account, it was a TSB Moneyplan (revolving credit) account allowing up to 30 times the monthly transfer from the current account. I have not so far sent a CCA request in respect of this account.

Letters dated 12/9/12 From LloydsTSB and Apex Credit Management in the same envelope. Apex have been instructed to arrange collection of the outstanding amount. I note that the letters are referring to this as a current account, which it is most definitely not.
                            18/9/12 - voicemail message from Apex - "Contact us."

I'm thinking I should now send the standard CCA request template to Apex, at the same time pointing out that this is not a current account.

Any thoughts on this please? Many thanks.
                            Indeed, if it is revolving credit then send the standard CCA request letter, not the overdraft one.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks.

Regarding Bank of Scotland -

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                              As Robway are collecting on behalf of the OC, just send them a one liner, enclosing a coby of BOS letter stating they wont enforce.

I will send those tomorrow.

Regarding LloydsTSB -

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                              Indeed, if it is revolving credit then send the standard CCA request letter, not the overdraft one.

I will send those tomorrow too.

(Recorded delivery of course).
                              Last edited by Still Waving; 25 September 2012, 21:34.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks.

Regarding Bank of Scotland -

I will send those tomorrow.

Regarding LloydsTSB -

I will send those tomorrow too.

(Recorded delivery of course).
                                Well done. Keep the receipts.

Comment

Working...
                                X