GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
    AC indeed I have.

As you completely missed the point
    Indeed, Ms. McAusland has, completely missed the point!

Furthermore, one wonders which forum she was referring to by her comment:

"I have taken the opportunity to look at your forum..." Which one AAD, CAG, PAG or LB?

Most members on the above forums, may not be aware of the fact, that our submission was addressed to both the FOS Interim Chief Ombudsman; Tony Boorman (now Caroline Wayman) and Martin Wheatley CEO of the FCA. The submission included at least four detailed actual examples of cases lodged with the FOS and a large amount of documents explaining the calculations and why MBNA had incorrectly calculated the PPI credit card redress in these cases. Ms. McAusland made no mention of the above referenced submission or the detailed explanations proving that MBNA had incorrectly calculated the PPI redress, why not!?
    One can only presume that Ms McAusland had not even had sight of same or, could not even be bothered to look, when she dictated her hurried mass mailing letter dated 26 September 2014; mailed out on 29.September 2014; the very day that our patience had run out and that we posted up on CAG that we were going to the press.

In short, it would appear that the letter that Ms. McAusland sent out on 29 September 2014 was not dealing with our detailed submission at all. But simply a knee jerk reaction to the long thread over on CAG about MBNA Interpretive Calculations.

Also, Ms. McAusland states:
    "We will of course consider every case on its own merits..."
    But she has written her (I have missed the point) letter to many MBNA victims who already have cases lodged with the FOS!
    Why send the letter to these already enraged MBNA complainants, doesn't make sense?

The FOS and FCA are clearly not fit purpose.

Comment

Any chance someone could send me a copy of said letter please

Is it the same Vicki that is the Lead Adjudicator @ FOS?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy

That appears to be the same one

Will scan and send my copy to the webmaster email?

Comment

Tech clerks O.H. MBNA has it on there
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Comment

But of course the other possible issue was;-
                my O.,H. was made redundant and the fuss over payments to her , Insurer say MBNA problem and vice versa = They were demanding monthly PPI fees during claim and pestering via RMA also telephone harassment (wish I had known at the time?

she ended paying about £50-60 out of her unemployment monies no other Company I know charge fee during a claim period, anybody know my O.H. knows how nervous she is as a person, pity I found out to-wards end of the unemployment period,

I spoke to the insurer who stated nothing to do with them but MBNA and vice versa.

Comment

Same letter I have Niddy so no point sending you

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    But of course the other possible issue was;-
                    my O.,H. was made redundant and the fuss over payments to her , Insurer say MBNA problem and vice versa = They were demanding monthly PPI fees during claim and pestering via RMA also telephone harassment (wish I had known at the time?

she ended paying about £50-60 out of her unemployment monies no other Company I know charge fee during a claim period, anybody know my O.H. knows how nervous she is as a person, pity I found out to-wards end of the unemployment period,

I spoke to the insurer who stated nothing to do with them but MBNA and vice versa.
                    Sounds just like MBNA;
                    they fined me 22 times, whilst I had a claim in place and yes they do like to blame the insurer, who in turn blames Chester Towers. But IMHO both London & Edinburgh (part of the disgraced Norwich Union) and MBNA Europe Bank /MBNA Limited were/are totally incompetent...!

So, which insurer were they blaming; London & Edinburgh or, St Andrews? (MBNA changed their PPI insurer from London & Edinburgh to St Andrews in early 2005)?

Comment

• Re: Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Is it the same Vicki that is the Lead Adjudicator @ FOS?
                      Yes, the very same individual who clearly has not done her homework!

We have also had a letter from an oily rag in the Chief Ombudsman Office; Ms. Caroline Wayman. But this individual also clearly didn't have a dickybird about our original submission;
                      the FCA informed us that they had asked the FOS to investigate our concerns and then report back to the PPI math geek in the offices of the FCA.
                      Unfortunately, it has now become clear that bods within the FOS appear to have gone off at a tangent...?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                        Sounds just like MBNA;
                        they fined me 22 times, whilst I had a claim in place and yes they do like to blame the insurer, who in turn blames Chester Towers. But IMHO both London & Edinburgh (part of the disgraced Norwich Union) and MBNA Europe Bank /MBNA Limited were/are totally incompetent...!

So, which insurer were they blaming; London & Edinburgh or, St Andrews? (MBNA changed their PPI insurer from London & Edinburgh to St Andrews in early 2005)?
                        was lon & edinburgh then the actual one at the time was St Andrews.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                          Sounds just like MBNA;

was london & edinburgh then the actual one at the time was St Andrews.

Comment

Despite our efforts to make it as clear as possible what MBNA are up to in our detailed submission to the FCA (who requested it, I hasten to add) - and despite theirs and the FOS's assurances that this would looked into fully - it is now quite clear that our submission to the FCA has been completely ignored. I agree with AC that neither the FCA nor the FOS are fit for purpose, as they are clearly protecting their paymasters the banks and not the consumers.

Comment

says it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole parliamentary question needs overhaul = outdated and lost its way!!! regulators & self regulation doesn't work!X

Comment

I agree thoroughly, TC. The problem is that the regulation system is working - but for the wrong people, and for all the wrong reasons. I reckon that's what will make reform a difficulty.

Comment

Working...
                                X