GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
    PlanB, with the greatest of respect, we do not need any knee jerk reactions; we are focused, have a plan and intend to stick with it!
    Fair enough

Comment

Although I think I can see PB's journalistic point - roughly on the lines of "He who hesitates is lost," I am also of the opinion that this is more of a "Softly, softly - catchee monkey" approach, and our little group have been discussing it privately for quite some time. The priority is to get the FCA to investigate MBNA's methodology - not to establish any particular forum as the 'ground breaker.' This is why we have posted our findings in a whole bunch of forums. If we get a result, then maybe our little off-site discussion group can scrape up some kudos for that - but this is not a quest for publicity - it is a genuine effort by a bunch of amateurs to force the powers that be to actually exercise those powers properly.

Having said that - I think Niddy has done us proud with this little exercise, and he certainly seems to have taken it on board 100% - thank you, guv'nor !!! And likewise with all you AAD guys who have also shown a positive attitude toward this matter, and sent off those letters. The little acorn tree seems to be bearing some fruit now, and I (personally) want to see how it grows, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
        it is a genuine effort by a bunch of amateurs to force the powers that be to actually exercise those powers properly..
        I've seen this post on another forum which suggests that you have now achieved your objective.

Well done you

• I am most pleased to announce that we have now received a request from the FCA's PPI Redress Team Manager for full details of our analysis.This was the eventual outcome we had hoped for from this 'mail-drop' exercise, and it is entirely the result of the efforts of those who sent letters and emails to the FCA & FOS. There is therefore no need of any further letters/emails to either the FCA or FOS - and I and the 'MBNA Calculation Group' wish to thank those here in LB who have supported us with this venture. We will report back here when we have any news or results, but we may not know the outcome until such time as the FCA or FOS publishes it.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
          I've seen this post on another forum which suggests that you have now achieved your objective.

Well done you

• I am most pleased to announce that we have now received a request from the FCA's PPI Redress Team Manager for full details of our analysis.This was the eventual outcome we had hoped for from this 'mail-drop' exercise, and it is entirely the result of the efforts of those who sent letters and emails to the FCA & FOS. There is therefore no need of any further letters/emails to either the FCA or FOS - and I and the 'MBNA Calculation Group' wish to thank those here in LB who have supported us with this venture. We will report back here when we have any news or results, but we may not know the outcome until such time as the FCA or FOS publishes it.
          Yea cos of course LB tweeted it and put it on their FB, Blog etc didn't they.......

Sometimes you do wonder! But excellent result nevertheless.

c'est la vie
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

We just finished our full submission tonight, as we really didn't expect the FCA to get back to us as soon as they did, and - TBH - they (happily !!!) caught us with our trousers at half-mast. I posted my thanks in LB, PCF/CF & PAG, as that is where I was the OP for the MBNA 'appeal' threads - but the OP's in AAD & CCS were Ken & AC, so I left it to them to post their own thanks. I know that both of them have had a lot to deal with today, and lately, so their thanks was on its way, but not posted last night. I know that Ken was busy with his printer until the last minute, and I also know that I personally was responsible for stressing both of them out right up until the last minute. But I perhaps had the advantage of being a bit of a night owl, so I was still up and about (as the bishop might have said to the actress) after the other guys had hit the sack, so I posted my thanks in LB etc.

Ne'ertheless, what is posted is published, and 'twas good of PB to copy my (indeed - our) thanks across to here. I am damned sure that Ken will have posted summat similar here as soon as he was able to get his mangled brain cells firing in sync again after my onslaught, but he has been pre-empted by my own - and PB's - 'open all hours' disposition !!! So - speaking as one of that team, I need (and indeed I want) to thank Niddy for his well and truly positive attitude to this little endeavour. As far as I am aware (and I stand to be corrected - as the bishop said...) Niddy is the ONLY guy who took this and ran with it fully on our behalf - and on behalf of possibly thousands of MBNA PPI claimants.

I tell ya - until sometime last year, all I had heard about Niddy was what a mean barsteward he was. I personally emailed the 'barstweward' himself eventually - out of perverse curiosity, perhaps - and yep, he was indeed as mean a BS as they said he was. And we got on just fine - because that's how we have to be if we are up against not only the banks, but other forums that are supposedly on the same side of the barricades as we are !!! Having done CAG, PCF/CF, CCS & LB, I may clearly not be very adept at picking my friends - but as a self-confessed 'forum tart,' I currently offer Niddy a somewhat gay "mmmmwah" for his brilliant efforts on behalf of our little MBNA discussion group.

LOL - now get out of that one, mate. C'est la guerre...!!!

Comment

Yes indeed cant offer much in addition to what Bill has said. I thank you all for what you did.

If we are right then alot of people out there owe everyone one of you who helped their gratitude. Sadly they will never know your names or indeed thank you.

If we are right your pleasure will come from the knowledge you helped kick a bank up the backside. Sometimes to do the right thing is gratitude enough.

But on a personal level I thank you all and particularly Niddy. As Bill said the initial spreading of the word by this forum was not something we expected.

Comment

I will please me immensely if MBNA get a sound kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                  If we are right then alot of people out there owe everyone one of you who helped their gratitude. Sadly they will never know your names or indeed thank you.
                  However if anyone wants my bank details to transfer money to me!
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Looks like Lloyds have been doing similar...
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26715982

Comment

Well spotted, AC. It looks like the programme is being aired on BBC Radio 4 at 8PM. tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
                        Well spotted, AC. It looks like the programme is being aired on BBC Radio 4 at 8PM. tonight.

Indeed, it is!
                        http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03yqp8d

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Oh yes definately!!! Mine's going off first thing in the morning, signed for!

That is interesting AC, they will all be caught out in the end x
                          Many are now receiving letters from Vicki McAusland, Lead Adjudicator FOS. The letters apologise for the length of delay in responding but also confirm that the FOS are still looking closely at the way MBNA carries out it calculations. Further, the FOS have requested from MBNA more information about its calculations and when they have the responses to ALL enquiries they will be in a position to respond further.

Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                            Many are now receiving letters from Vicki McAusland, Lead Adjudicator FOS. The letters apologise for the length of delay in responding but also confirm that the FOS are still looking closely at the way MBNA carries out it calculations. Further, the FOS have requested from MBNA more information about its calculations and when they have the responses to ALL enquiries they will be in a position to respond further.

Thank you for your patience.
                            yes the response we have all got so far it seems!
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 May 2014, 09:44.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                              yes the response we have all got sdo far it seems!
                              Yes - I have.

Comment

Considering the fact that I do not have a MBNA claim, although I rote to the FOS & FCA with my templated 'mail-drop' letters "as an interested party" - I was most pleased to receive my template letter from our Vicki. This is most encouraging, I reckon - but I'll say no more than that for now, squire !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X