GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

I will get back to this (hubby lost his job, so we have been dealing with some matters), thanks for alerting me AC ,my mind all over the place at the mo lol x

Comment

Ms. Vicki McAusland
      Lead Adjudicator
      Financial Ombudsman Service
      Exchange Tower
      London
      E14 9SR

Dear Ms McAusland

OUR ‘GROUP’ COMPLAINT ABOUT MBNA LIMITED

I am in receipt of your template letter dated 26 September 2014 and thank you for the same.

It should be noted that the above referenced template letter was sent out to all individuals who engaged in sending our ‘Group’ open letter of complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to your previous Chief Ombudsman: Mr. Tony Boorman. But that Mr. Boorman has now been replaced by Ms Caroline Wayman. Our Group leader also submitted a substantial file of papers to Mr. Boorman as well as to the Chief Executive Office of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA): Mr. Martin Wheatley.

Please be advised that we did receive a response from Mr. Martin Wheatley’s office and that our serious complaint was looked into by Mr. Chris Preston of the FCA. We were then advised that the FCA had requested that the FOS investigate our most serious concerns but to report back to the FCA with their findings.

Frankly, I must say that I find it not only astonishing but also extremely very worrying that you have not investigated as to why MBNA Limited have been incorrectly calculating PPI redress claims correctly. It has taken you over eight (8) long months to provide a response which completely misses the point!

Furthermore, your response appears to be addressing “a forum” of which you have read the thread on MBNA and the way it calculates credit card redress when a PPI policy has been mis-sold. Please advise which “forum” you were referring to? It is also quite worrying that you make no mention of our substantial submission nor to the calculations contained therein? Why?

Unfortunately, I am unable to respond to your letter fully as you clearly have not investigated fully our concerns; you appear to be attempting to water down/sweep under the carpet our concerns, so to speak. Therefore, until you do investigate correctly and take the time to study our complete submission, I cannot comment further.

Turning to paragraph seven (7) of your response:

· “So while MBNA’s calculations may not be identical to the examples set out in PS 10/12, DISP App 3 or our own note on our own website. I don’t think this necessarily means their calculations may be unfair.”

In my view your above comment is absolutely ridiculous!

You refer to the FOS note on the FOS website, that note must be based upon PS 10/12.
      MBNA Limited are required to follow PS 10/12 Appendix 2; Example 6 when calculating PPI redress on rolling account credit.
      MBNA Limited is NOT following Appendix 2; Example 6 and as such is incorrectly calculating PPI redress.

One wonders, if one were to apply your logic to say; driving on the left hand side of the road, the FOS would think it fair for MBNA to drive in the middle of the road, as that would be near enough? Of course, they would reach their destination but that does not meet the Department of Transport rules.

I will deal with the final comment within your letter when you have completed your investigations, as that issue is just another one of the strategies that MBNA use to confuse the FOS.

Yours sincerely,

[your name here]

Copies to:
      Mr. Martin Wheatley, CEO, FCA;
      Mr. Chris Preston, FCA;
      Ms. Caroline Wayman, Chief Ombudsman, FOS

The more members who send the above, the better![/QUOTE]

Thanks Di, you are a star!

Comment

Sent today, to vicki.mcausland@financial-ombudsman.org.uk, cc martin.wheatley@fca.org.uk, caroline.wayman@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Ms. Vicki McAusland
        Lead Adjudicator
        Exchange Tower
        London
        E14 9SR

Dear Ms McAusland

Thank you for your template letter dated 26 September 2014.

It should be noted that the above referenced template letter was sent out to all individuals who engaged in sending our ‘Group’ open letter of complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to your previous Chief Ombudsman: Mr. Tony Boorman, but that Mr. Boorman has now been replaced by Ms Caroline Wayman. Our Group leader also submitted a substantial file of papers to Mr. Boorman as well as to the Chief Executive Office of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA): Mr. Martin Wheatley.

Please be advised that we did receive a response from Mr. Martin Wheatley’s office and that our serious complaint was looked into by Mr. Chris Preston of the FCA. We were then advised that the FCA had requested that the FOS investigate our most serious concerns but to report back to the FCA with their findings.

Frankly, I must say that I find it not only astonishing but also extremely worrying that you have not investigated why MBNA Limited have been incorrectly calculating PPI redress claims. It has taken you over eight (8) long months to provide a bland response which completely misses the point!

Furthermore, your response appears to be addressing “a forum” of which you have read the thread on MBNA and the way it calculates credit card redress when a PPI policy has been mis-sold. Please advise which “forum” you were referring to? It is also quite worrying that you make no mention of our substantial submissions nor to the calculations contained therein? Why not?

Unfortunately, I am unable to respond to your letter fully as you clearly have not investigated fully our concerns; you appear to be attempting to water down/sweep under the carpet these concerns. Therefore, until you do investigate correctly and take the time to study our complete submission, I cannot comment further.

• “So while MBNA’s calculations may not be identical to the examples set out in PS 10/12, DISP App 3 or our own note on our own website. I don’t think this necessarily means their calculations may be unfair.”

In my view your above comment is absolutely ridiculous!A teenager with GCSE Mathematics would be able to see that MBNA isn't calculating PPI redress correctly from the evidence that has been provided.

You refer to the FOS note on the FOS website, that note must be based upon PS 10/12.
        MBNA Limited is required to follow PS 10/12 Appendix 2; Example 6 when calculating PPI redress on rolling account credit.
        MBNA Limited is NOT following Appendix 2; Example 6 and as such is incorrectly calculating PPI redress.

One wonders, if one were to apply your logic to say; driving on the left hand side of the road, the FOS would think it fair for MBNA to drive in the middle of the road, as that would be near enough? Of course, they might reach their destination but that does not meet the Department of Transport rules.

I will deal with the final comment within your letter when you have completed your investigations, as that issue is just another one of the strategies that MBNA use to confuse the FOS.

Yours sincerely,

Comment

Please, keep sending in the Holding letter and;
          rest assured that same will be followed up with a further presentation that will sink the MBNA strategy toward the FOS!

If, you do not have two spare second class stamps, no problem. Either send the Holding letter via email or, let us know and we can then forward the letter on your behalf at no cost.

Comment

Sent by OH and me

Comment

I have just become aware of the following speech that was made by Martin Wheatley at the Mansion House last night:

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/news...015352.article

Mr. Wheatley may well choke on his words. Because, the Scandal that has rocked the Financial Industry has been caused by lack of Regulation of the sale General Insurance: PPI, critical illness cover and income protection etc, etc.
              The scale of the Scandal is frightening and if, the FOS & FCA do nothing to harness firms such as MBNA Limited who have clearly rejected claims and paid lower amounts than they should.
              There will be a Revolution, as the General Consumer has become empowered and will not be ignored or be ridden rough over!

Comment

Originally posted by colonelsensibl View Post
                Sent today, to vicki.mcausland@financial-ombudsman.org.uk, cc martin.wheatley@fca.org.uk, caroline.wayman@financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Ms. Vicki McAusland
                Lead Adjudicator
                Exchange Tower
                London
                E14 9SR

Dear Ms McAusland

Thank you for your template letter dated 26 September 2014.

It should be noted that the above referenced template letter was sent out to all individuals who engaged in sending our ‘Group’ open letter of complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) to your previous Chief Ombudsman: Mr. Tony Boorman, but that Mr. Boorman has now been replaced by Ms Caroline Wayman. Our Group leader also submitted a substantial file of papers to Mr. Boorman as well as to the Chief Executive Office of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA): Mr. Martin Wheatley.

Frankly, I must say that I find it not only astonishing but also extremely worrying that you have not investigated why MBNA Limited have been incorrectly calculating PPI redress claims. It has taken you over eight (8) long months to provide a bland response which completely misses the point!

Furthermore, your response appears to be addressing “a forum” of which you have read the thread on MBNA and the way it calculates credit card redress when a PPI policy has been mis-sold. Please advise which “forum” you were referring to? It is also quite worrying that you make no mention of our substantial submissions nor to the calculations contained therein? Why not?

Unfortunately, I am unable to respond to your letter fully as you clearly have not investigated fully our concerns; you appear to be attempting to water down/sweep under the carpet these concerns. Therefore, until you do investigate correctly and take the time to study our complete submission, I cannot comment further.

• “So while MBNA’s calculations may not be identical to the examples set out in PS 10/12, DISP App 3 or our own note on our own website. I don’t think this necessarily means their calculations may be unfair.”

In my view your above comment is absolutely ridiculous!A teenager with GCSE Mathematics would be able to see that MBNA isn't calculating PPI redress correctly from the evidence that has been provided.

MBNA Limited is required to follow PS 10/12 Appendix 2; Example 6 when calculating PPI redress on rolling account credit.

One wonders, if one were to apply your logic to say; driving on the left hand side of the road, the FOS would think it fair for MBNA to drive in the middle of the road, as that would be near enough? Of course, they might reach their destination but that does not meet the Department of Transport rules.

Yours sincerely,
                just received by email the following response to the Group 'Holding' letter as shown above:

"Thank you for your letter dated 20 October 2014 regarding your payment protection insurance (PPI) complaint about MBNA Limited.

I am writing to confirm receipt of your letter addressed to Ms Vicki McAusland, Lead Adjudicator. I acknowledge the details of the letter you have sent to us and confirm that someone will contact you shortly to respond to the points that you have raised.

In the meantime, should you have any further queries please contact me.

Yours sincerely

Michael Hayward | adjudicator (redress)

( 020 7093 7372 (Fax: 020 3487 4133)
                + Exchange Tower | London | E14 9SR
                * michael.hayward@financial-ombudsman.org.uk"

So, why is this individual responding to the 'Group' Holding letter addressed to Ms McAusland?
                Just goes to prove that they are just all working in a call centre where there is no continuity and Complaints just go along the FOS PC's conveyor belt;
                the first free operator just picks the Complaint up...

How pathetic, as he didn't even bother to read our Group Complaint Holding letter, due to his reference to a single individuals complaint!

They really are a shambolic shower and not fit for purpose!

Comment

Just received the below email response from Vicki. This was the Group letter, but perhaps this tweak that I included hit home? "In my view your above comment is absolutely ridiculous! A teenager with GCSE Mathematics would be able to see that MBNA isn't calculating PPI redress correctly from the evidence that has been provided."

"Dear
                  Thank you for email to our Chief Executive, Caroline Wayman. I have been asked to respond to you given the involvement I have had on your group complaint.
                  I will look into the points you have raised below and respond to you shortly.
                  Yours sincerely,
                  Vicki McAusland
                  Vicki McAusland | lead adjudicator | Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR | vicki.mcausland@financial-ombudsman.org.uk"

Last edited by colonelsensibl; 11 November 2014, 18:12. Reason: Added "email"

Comment

I was thinking of writing to Caroline Wayman, given Vicki's lack of mathematical expertise, and saying that given Vicki's lack of mathematical background, perhaps she should be given mathematical expertise to assist, or be replaced by a mathematician, in order to investigate MBNA's calculations further.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well done, that man !!!

Whilst we need to keep the 'group' emails/snailmails on a 'formal' level, adding the personal touch is IMO always a worthwhile exercise. It shows that the sender is not just mindlessly forwarding a template (as we almost invariably receive from the FOS) - but has a vested interest in the proceedings, and is a force to be reckoned with. It sure elicited a singular response from our Vicki, and that is worth getting. Maybe...just maybe...she has come out of hiding in the loo, and been forced to deal with this properly.

We can but hope.

EDIT: Responding to Col.S's subsequent post - I think we are mostly (if not all) in agreement that Vicki is the least qualified to deal with what is essentially a maths-based problem. The problem as I see it is that the FOS don't seem to have any maths guys - whereas the FCA seem to have a team of them - or so we are led to believe. In any event, the problem isn't 'high-level' maths - it's quite simple 'schoolboy' maths, with 'schoolboy' errors at the centre. If Vicki and/or anyone in the FOS can't deal with that, then they must clearly have overstated their qualifications when applying for their jobs. As such, they should be sacked wholesale and replaced by staff who at least have an ability to function at what was termed 'Ordinary Level' maths back in my time.
                      Last edited by Bill-K; 11 November 2014, 22:43.

Comment

Thank you Bill. Our latest posts may have crossed. Please give your opinion on my 22.24 post. Thanks again.

Comment

Hopefully when we are done with them the FOS will realise that the power of many minds joined via the net can and will eventually prevail.

Many minds can and will find a way to achieve the will of the people.

The high and powerful are already getting nervous as to what it is unleashing.

You would think a Maths man would have been the very least they would have employed on this. But of course we are all just plebs and should do as we are told. One of the many banking institutions that has managed to right royally screwed the world economy could never be at it again could it?

Comment

Well said, Ken. As we may have seen, they are already trying to restrict t'interweb more than is necessary. People-power still exists, I believe - but it is of course being opposed as vigorously as possible backstage.
                            @ Col. S - I edited in an addition to my 22:33 post, but I haven't checked out the attachments you posted as yet.
                            Last edited by Bill-K; 11 November 2014, 22:56. Reason: More stuff

Comment

Originally posted by colonelsensibl View Post
                              I was thinking of writing to Caroline Wayman, given Vicki's lack of mathematical expertise, and saying that given Vicki's lack of mathematical background, perhaps she should be given mathematical expertise to assist, or be replaced by a mathematician, in order to investigate MBNA's calculations further.
                              Seems to me another pressure point so I am all for this.

The bigger the stink the less certain people can say if and when the proverbial hits the fan that they knew nothing.

Fiddling while Rome burns anyone.

Comment

Agreed Ken. I can smell it from here already - I think the sewage farm is on fire !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X