GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Needed. MBNA redress calculations Do you have two spare stamps

Niddy has tolerated my presence here since last year - but I haven't really been very active - so "Notta lotta people" will know me. I mainly try and stick to maths & spreadsheets etc., and I recently worked with Ken, AC and others off-site to try and get a method together to at least get the FCA to look into this apparent anomaly with the MBNA PPI calculations and the FCA method.

It's good to see the interest and positive responses from you guys here - and Niddy has kindly set such a fine example by 'plugging' this little campaign on the alternative media. We're all doing it because some of us have claims - and some of us just enjoy the buzz of letting the banks know that we are watching them. Thank you to all of you - let the Karma continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-K View Post
      We're all doing it because some of us have claims - and some of us just enjoy the buzz of letting the banks know that we are watching them.
      AS an ex-employee, I would be happy to see them royally shafted from behind
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Letters printed and I will be posting today.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          [ATTACH]11072[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11073[/ATTACH]

Hope that worked
          Hi Guys!

We still need many more Consumers to send in the above letter(s) to the FCA & FOS; by Royal Mail is best but by email will suffice.

Even if MBNA settled your PPI Redress claim; are you really sure that the settlement figure was/is correct?

Many Thanks and get those letters sent off, please

Comment

So can anyone can send in then, even if nothing to do with MBNA?

Comment

That is what we are hoping people would do Di.

There is we understand an inbuilt trigger in these organisations before the background noise clears and they see there could be a potential complaint. This doesnt seem to be about individuals but across the board. Not from what we have seen from figures supplied by MBNA.

If we are correct (and we believe we are) then thousands of people are affected from 2012 onwards. We are just trying to level up the playing field. Sadly most will have settled (but is this right if calculations are being passed off as FCA/FOS compliant calculations within the settlement letters.)

If people send these open letters and get a response all we ask is on this forum either Bill K, Angry Cat or myself are informed. Nothing else required. If people have MBNA claims themselves we will do everything to help them understand what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                [ATTACH]11072[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11073[/ATTACH]

Hope that worked
                Hi di30!
                presumably you and others will now move forward and get those letters in the post X

I am not going to name names but looks like another American Bank may have been/are following the the same strategy...?

Comment

Oh yes definately!!! Mine's going off first thing in the morning, signed for!

That is interesting AC, they will all be caught out in the end x

Comment

Niddy has tolerated my presence here since last year
                    Welcomed your presence mate! Nothing to tolerate.

Good luck with this campaign
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy has tolerated my presence here since last year - but I haven't really been very active - so "Notta lotta people" will know me.
                      I know you I got your PM and shame on me for not yet replying to it (I will do soon) but I'll be sending off the letters tomorrow

Comment

Cheers Niddy - and many thanks for your help and support with this.
                        Hi PB, and thank you !!!

BTW, just a thought. Although we are used to sending such letters 'Tracked' or 'Signed for,' this is not strictly necessary in this case, as it is simply the sheer number of letters that matters. It is good enough of you peeps to spend £1 - £1.20 on a coupla stamps. However, if one is able to visit a post office, then they will issue Proof of Postage Certificates FOC.
                        Last edited by Bill-K; 10 February 2014, 15:16.

Comment

Hi Guys!
                          I have received and acknowledgment letter today from Ms Lynsey Pittaway - FOS Chief Executives Office;
                          they are apparently looking into what we have said and;
                          hope to be in a position to contact you again soon.

Nothing as yet from Martin!?

Comment

ditto
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It looks as though Ms Pittaway may have been delegated to deal with this, perhaps - which to me is a sign that they are at least being separated out and counted, as opposed to just being randomly binned.

Comment

Thats great news.

Lets just hope they are true to their word and allocate someone to talk to us and see what we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X