GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reclaiming Charges on settled account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reclaiming Charges on settled account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reclaiming Charges on settled account

Cheeky as it may be, is it possible to reclaim bank charges after a F&F has been agreed and account closed?

I ask, as if it can then I will offer more for F&F. Can't do before as it's about to go to court...so would rather settle at higher amount then claim back charges if possible or would it open a can of worms?

Re: Reclaiming Charges on settled account

Hiya

In my opinion it should be ok, but maybe Niddy will know, or someone that may have been in the same situation will know better, (just in case).

Comment

Yes it's fine to do a reclaim BUT that depends on how you settled it, ie what template used.

The ones from here are designed to close it from both ends meaning nobody takes anything any further - ie it's final. I suspect the only way to do it is cheekily to the OC if they sold it to a DCA as they don't communicate. If your debt was with barclays and you f&f Barclays then you'd not be able to reclaim as the agreement was done. If it was settled via a dca then try your luck.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Yes it's fine to do a reclaim BUT that depends on how you settled it, ie what template used.

The ones from here are designed to close it from both ends meaning nobody takes anything any further - ie it's final. I suspect the only way to do it is cheekily to the OC if they sold it to a DCA as they don't communicate. If your debt was with barclays and you f&f Barclays then you'd not be able to reclaim as the agreement was done. If it was settled via a dca then try your luck.

Hi I did it with natwest
        at the start of this journey i owed
        £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
        £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
        on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
        as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
        ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Wishfull View Post
          Hi I did it with natwest
          Old Thread of 2011!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
          X