GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SAR advice please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAR advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR advice please

I am trying to work on the principle of prepare for the worst so I think it would be a good idea to SAR one of the OC's. I cannot use a postal order as I am not able to buy one here, so that only leaves me with the option of sending a cheque (I do have a cheque book on one account), BUT that would mean they have my signature. Is this likely to be a problem or should it be ok to do? Also I suspect from other threads on here that they may want a signature on a etter, so again would that be a problem?
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Re: SAR advice please

Just scribble any old signature. £10 cheque doesn't get checked for signature matching. In regards to signature on sar. Sign it using a computer font similar to hand writing.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks a lot, I will have a go and keep my fingers crossed

Comment

I either get my other half to sign or do a signature that I have never used.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

why do you want to SAR if they are not hassling you? I'd not - if the worse should happen and they issue a claim we'd have time to get the info of needed.....

Sometimes leaving sleeping dogs works best..
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            why do you want to SAR if they are not hassling you? I'd not - if the worse should happen and they issue a claim we'd have time to get the info of needed.....

Sometimes leaving sleeping dogs works best..
            Thank you, I will hold off and wait then, the account was sold and there was a threat of a claim hence me thinking it would be better to get in early and see exactly what the OC actually has

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
              Thank you, I will hold off and wait then, the account was sold and there was a threat of a claim hence me thinking it would be better to get in early and see exactly what the OC actually has
              Then if you had a threat yea, do a SAR to the original creditor. As you say it's worth it.

Sorry my bad. But best to make sure.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X