GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ITN looking for people with debt stories for a TV discussion - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITN looking for people with debt stories for a TV discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ITN looking for people with debt stories for a TV discussion

I thought that the programme was badly hosted. Kate Hopkins kept shouting people down so that their point was lost or very much watered down in abuse which distracted from what they wanted to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
      Kate Hopkins kept shouting people down so that their point was lost or very much watered down in abuse which distracted from what they wanted to say.
      Empty vessels make the greatest sound.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
        New eyesight test:

D O E S W

A I T R O S

E V O D K A L

E A D T O S E R

I O U S B L I N

D N E S S

Oh ha ha Cloggy.

I'm proud to say that I do not frequent the Twitterverse or wash my dirty linen in public on Face Book.

This could be the reason why I didn't pay any attention to that symbol at the bottom of the page which looks like a flying dolphin.

And furthermore it would be futile for anyone to attempt to restrict my comments to 140 characters. That's not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          I'm proud to say that I do not frequent the Twitterverse or wash my dirty linen in public on Face Book.
          I have accounts so I can keep up on posts and tweets from some sources, but I never ever post anything myself.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm proud to say I frequent both FB and Twitter to promote our business, and to date they have both proved extremely beneficial in introducing new customers to our services.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
              I set a reminder for this although was still working at the time it went live.

That said, just caught up on the last three pages of posts on it and it looks like i didn't miss anything worth watching anyway!
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And furthermore it would be futile for anyone to attempt to restrict my comments to 140 characters. That's not going to happen
                So use http://www.long-tweets.com/ or http://talltweets.com/ or http://twenth.com/ or http://twishort.com/, all of which accept > 140 characters and post a link to one's twitter account.

Comment

Oh ha ha Cloggy.

This could be the reason why I didn't pay any attention to that symbol at the bottom of the page which looks like a flying dolphin.

http://www.twitlonger.com/

Comment

my tuppence worth ...........wise decision to take nothing to do with it

terrible terrible car crash televison

that woman is the pits, she shouted down everyone, personally I'd sack the presenter and take that orrible woman out of everyone's wee book that they use when they want to rentamob

it was truly disgusting and did absolutely nothing to inform anyone about debt.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                      my tuppence worth ...........wise decision to take nothing to do with it

terrible terrible car crash televison

that woman is the pits, she shouted down everyone, personally I'd sack the presenter and take that orrible woman out of everyone's wee book that they use when they want to rentamob

it was truly disgusting and did absolutely nothing to inform anyone about debt.
                      It was what I expected

Comment

me too pomps, but a lost opportunity nevertheless

just reinforced the stereotypes, what were those peeps thinking of, agreeing to take part?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                          what were those peeps thinking of, agreeing to take part?
                          Well it's partly down to the spiel you get sold by the researchers - Ben the author of this thread told me in no uncertain terms that the studio audience would be involved. 3 people were spoken to for less than a minute other than KH getting 22 minutes.....

To be fair if we did go we'd have kicked off at ITN as it was sold to us totally different to what we watched. What we actually did watch was nothing shy of abuse at debtors, which is why we exist - to stamp it out!!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Well it's partly down to the spiel you get sold by the researchers - Ben the author of this thread told me in no uncertain terms that the studio audience would be involved. 3 people were spoken to for less than a minute other than KH getting 22 minutes.....

To be fair if we did go we'd have kicked off at ITN as it was sold to us totally different to what we watched. What we actually did watch was nothing shy of abuse at debtors, which is why we exist - to stamp it out!!
                            Agree and I had more enjoyment reading your tweets Niddy.

Comment

Be interesting if Ben ever commented on here again seeing the general feeling we were all correct in staying away.

Comment

As soon as I read that that the over-privileged tw@t that is Katie Hopkins was one there…. I didn't even bother with the programme.

You can usually gauge how something's going to go by the people involved in it.
                                Remember the mantra:
                                NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                                Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                                Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Working...
                                X