GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ITN looking for people with debt stories for a TV discussion - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITN looking for people with debt stories for a TV discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ITN looking for people with debt stories for a TV discussion

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    My understanding is that this will be an hour debt show at 9pm next week followed by a live studio debate
    It would be helpful if the the debt programme to be shown first (presumably a pre-recorded film?) could be made available to the potential participants as soon as is practical because that would set the tone for the studio debate.

We on AAD are uniquely passionate about the debt collection industry's disgusting and sometimes unlawful practices. We have statistics to back that up too.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
      Don't think I am brave enough!
      I think that's something Ben needs to take on board. Anonymity may need to be guaranteed especially to those who have worked in the banking industry who now help on this website.

Comment

We must remember that the financial industry are our debtors too, PPI and other misselling are prime examples

Comment

Total anonymity is guaranteed UNLESS someone is watching that knows you!! But if you'd rather be called "Oscar from AAD" then I'll tell them that's what needs to occur or we're not interested.

At the end of the day we are the best at this; our mass of templates will have been seen by each bank that attends hundreds of times and well, we know the whole debt spectrum. We're not one trick ponies so it's right that we should go and get stuck in on your behalf.... I'm trying to arrange an Andrew -> Ben telecom tomorrow. Then we'll know more.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
            So why do things not change?

Well simple fact is that they could. The Office of Faffing and Twaddling is a toothless regulator and I fear the Fundamentally Clueless Authority over time will not be much better. There is more than sufficient evidence for the OFT to revoke the licenses of many DCA's based on individual complaints and those from debt charities yet they continue to turn a blind eye.
            I've fixed your post for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              I've fixed your post for you.
              Thanks CC - I never like typing acronyms
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Some really good points raised in this thread. Sounds very interesting. <watching thread closely>

SA
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Me too watching closely , concerned though that the DCAs and the like may get to know who Niddy is and the nastiness could start for him again.
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
                    Me too watching closely , concerned though that the DCAs and the like may get to know who Niddy is and the nastiness could start for him again.
                    Why suppose that the Welsh nutter who got Niddy sacked hasn't already told all and sundry such details?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      It would be helpful if the the debt programme to be shown first (presumably a pre-recorded film?) could be made available to the potential participants as soon as is practical because that would set the tone for the studio debate.

We on AAD are uniquely passionate about the debt collection industry's disgusting and sometimes unlawful practices. We have statistics to back that up too.
                      Hi PlanB

I've found out on my TV planner that the show to be broadcast on Channel 5 next Monday at nine is called "Cant't Pay? We'll Take it Away" - Last episode in this brand new documentary series. Paul and Steve set out to repossess a house in a shocking condition where a mother is living with two very young children.

This is then Followed at 10pm by "The Can't Pay" Debt Debate: Live - Live debate exploring how much people in Britain owe, how easy it is to get credit, and why so many people end up financially out of control.

The Documentary seems to be the last one in a series of four.
                      Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

Correct - it's the after show at 10pm we're discussing.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Correct - it's the after show at 10pm we're discussing.
                          Hi Niddy, that'll be interesting. I'll be watching that, too paranoid to turn up in person though.

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Comment

Just looking at tvguide now. I would love to see Niddy, Andrew etc go large on these chin-less feckers at the banks
                            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                              Don't think I am brave enough!
                              ME NEITHER

Comment

I can't wait to see it !

Comment

Working...
                                X