GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Should I go bankrupt? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I go bankrupt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Should I go bankrupt?

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
    No change there....

Yea you get to clean the Bankruptcy Arms....
    So kind of you

Comment

If they start being really really horrible, I'm sure you must have a friend who can officially muzzle them!

Comment

Either that or I can buy a gun and go visit them.....in for a penny

Comment

Morning boys and girls
          Need a bit of opinion

I have several forms for BR fees all hat need some form of money adviser signature.
          I did have an appointment on 17th July with CAB where I was going to present a fait accompli . That has now been postponed until 1st August.

I have also been in touch with DAWN who seem to take referrals from CAB and who get paid by legal aid. I could get all the forms filled out and sent to them, my reservation is I think they are a for profit organisation and they have been quite proactive in following me up as a lead.

My third option is to scrape together every last penny I have or go to the social fund (DWP) to try and borrow some r all of the money and get it all over and done with asap.

Some opinions and maybe some pros and cons would be very helpful. At the moment I am leaning towards just getting it done as I really am finding the pressure quite heavy .

My final variation is doing something Niddy suggested in that I write to all my credittors saying that I am awaiting funding for BR and the OR will be in touch as and when it happens.

Thanks all
          Jon

Comment

I guess whatever you decide to do, theres no harm notifying the creditors of your impending BR. It might make life easier for a little while at least.

Most creditors give up when they hear BR, but i dont know if thats the case when you imply its coming, usually once its done.

But its worth a shot, if it works, great
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If Dawn is funded by Legal Aid she may not charge. Ask her straight up if there's a fee involved.

I guess the sooner you go BR the sooner your 12 months will be up and you could be discharged. Might as well get on with it

Why not write to your creditors and tell them you 'intend' to file for BR next week unless anyone else here thinks that's a bad idea

Comment

from past experiance I did a similar thing....a couple of creditors backed off although most increased the hassle once they knew
                Last edited by philnicandamy; 6 July 2012, 08:34. Reason: hmmm where do I start...stupid dragon SS may as well be talking welsh!

Comment

and once you are finally bankrupt I wouldnt waste the time effort or energy telling creditors about it

the official receiver has up to 8wks to inform ALL creditors so leave it to them..meanwhile if a creditor does ring & try it on just tell them your now bankrupt and contact the receivers office dealing with your case!

Comment

Thank you all.
                    PlanB DAWN is the name of the company , I think I will call them again today and just talk it through with them, then get the forms filled in and sent off . I will also call charis to see if anything has become of my british Gas application

Now that's me being proactive and getting things moving.

Comment

I like proactive!

stop stressing and it'll all be sorted

Comment

Well Charis have my BG application with a 6 week ish turn around so that is good. Off to fill in forms now oh joy

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          Here's another one you could call which manages grant applications for a number of energy companies up and down the country:

http://www.charisgrants.com/clients.html

What a lot of people don't know is that there is money available to pay BR fees.
                          Oh joy indeed

Would that be the same Charis I told you about earlier

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            Oh joy indeed

Would that be the same Charis I told you about earlier

Yes it would indeed. I will rename your clever clogs ..oops can't as we have on. How does smarty pants grab you?

Comment

superb news jon....forms are pretty straightforward but if you need a hand shout

Comment

Thanks Phil

I have two more that I just can't face today.
                                I think a lot will depend on what happens on 16th, if I get a quick date to go back I will have to cough up the cash, if it's several months away then I can wait.
                                Just a bugger waiting, nice to get something done though and believe it or not i am relaxing about the debts, I just like to have the last word..although ultimately i will have the last word

Comment

Working...
                                X