GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script our house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: our house

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
    Hi Gangshield,

Yes, as I posted earlier. All that the land registry needs, is a certificate stating that the property is being sold.

You need to get the right solicitor though as some would just settle the debt, when they dont need to. Its all about the timing of the certificate. Our prferred solicitor would know when to time it.

thank you great to know this , i need to get this payment reduced from £27.77 down to £5 or even £1 a month as my mortgage should come first and at the moment it isn't
    I think i can get the fee waived as we claim working tax credits , wonder if £1 would be accepte

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      Yes, you should apply to the court for a variation as noted further up on this thread. It could be as low as £1/month but you need to show the court that's all you can afford based on your I&E.
      You do need a solicitor who is au fait with restrictions when you come to sell, we recently had a poster here who had to pay hers in order to sell the house as the solicitor she'd appointed wasn't helping and she was desperate to sell.

I don't think our preferred solicitors do conveyancing at all.

We can only a fford £1 and we will ask for the ccj to be reduced from £3.89 to £1 also , i have come to realise my home is priority .

Comment

Just phoned the court and it is £40 to get a variation but because we claim working tax credits we don't have to pay the fee, the court will receive our offer and send Eversheds it , if they agree the court will make the order, if they don't agree there may be a hearing in which case the judge will decide .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          We can only a fford £1 and we will ask for the ccj to be reduced from £3.89 to £1 also , i have come to realise my home is priority .
          Thats the spirit s2m

Comment

Thats the spirit s2m
            when i phoned the court the person i spoke to never really sounded bothered that i wanted to get a variation until i mentioned i was getting behind with the mortgage then she was really helpful and sympathetic , i wish i had known about this months ago we might be up to date with the mortgage if eversheds were not taking nearly £30 a month . If we can reduce them to £1 then that extra money will pay off the arears

Comment

Hi Gangshield,

All that the land registry needs, is a certificate stating that the property is being sold.

You need to get the right solicitor though as some would just settle the debt, when they dont need to. Its all about the timing of the certificate. Our prferred solicitor would know when to time it.
              If anyone finds a solicitor willing to do this I will eat my hat. Even though the law and Land Registry says this is the case, solicitors have to abide by various other codes of conduct with convenancing transactions and they will always hide behind that annoying phrase "best practice" which means that they do what the SRA and the CML tell them when it comes to situations when a third party may feel prejudiced. Lawyers stick together at times like this
              Last edited by PlanB; 23 August 2012, 14:48. Reason: typo

Comment

I have just remembered something, when the ccj for my small account of £900 it was at the time , the ccj was granted and i was only paying £1 and payplan offered them £3.89 so as this was originally set at £1 i don't need to appy for it to be reduced i can write and tell lewis group that my income has dropped and i will have to go back to paying £1 a month .
                thought sanyone please
                Last edited by Spent2much; 23 August 2012, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  If anyone finds a solicitor willing to do this I will eat my hat. Even though the law and Land Registry says this is the case, solicitors have to abide by various other codes of conduct with convenancing transactions and they will always hide behind that annoying phrase "best practice" which means that they do what the SRA and the CML tell them when it comes to situations when a third party may feel prejudiced. Lawyers stick together at times like this
                  Suggest you eat your hat then PlanB.

It has been done many times. It is perfectly legal

Comment

Suggest you eat your hat then PlanB.

It has been done many times. It is perfectly legal
                    interesting ............
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                      interesting ............
                      Jointly owned property
                      It is not possible to register a charging order as an ‘equitable charge’ on a jointly owned property unless all the owners / registered proprietors are judgment debtors. Where only one of the owners / registered proprietors is the judgment debtor, the order will be registered as a ‘restriction’.

Agreed notices or restrictions
                      Since the Land Registry Rules 2003 took effect in October 2003, a charging order is registered as either an ‘agreed notice’ (shown on the register as an ‘equitable charge’) or a ‘restriction’. Prior to October 2003 where only one of the owners / registered proprietors was the judgment debtor, the order was registered as a ‘caution’. A caution served much the same purpose as a restriction. Any cautions registered before October 2003 will remain on the register.

A notice or restriction does not impose an obligation to make payment when the property is sold. However if the judgment debtor (or any one of the co-proprietors) attempts to dispose of the property, the District Land Registry will advise the claimant of the interest in the property.

Comment

A notice or restriction does not impose an obligation to make payment when the property is sold. However if the judgment debtor (or any one of the co-proprietors) attempts to dispose of the property, the District Land Registry will advise the claimant of the interest in the property.
                        But the restriction will show up at the legal searches stage during conveyancing, and the buyer's solicitor will often refuse to exchange/complete on the sale unless the vendor's solicitor gives an legal undertaking that the debt will be satisfied on completion. The solicitor (for the vendor) will then refuse to give an undertaking (which is legally binding on his firm) unless he has his client's instructions to pay the creditor.

But if you've seen it done dozens of times please PM me the law firms who'll do it so I've got them on my speed dial if ever I need one, but I hope you don't so I won't have to eat my hat
                        Last edited by PlanB; 23 August 2012, 16:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          Yes, but not always easy to get your conveyancer to handle appropriately ---> allaboutFORUMS
                          Indeed FP, but the conveyencor was at fault.

Niddy summed it up in post 138.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                            But the restriction will show up at the legal searches stage during conveyancing, and the buyer's solicitor will often refuse to exchange/complete on the sale unless the vendor's solicitor gives an legal undertaking that the debt will be satisfied on completion. The solicitor (for the vendor) will then refuse to give an undertaking (which is legally binding on his firm) unless he has his client's instructions to pay the creditor.

But if you've seen it done dozens of times please PM me the law firms who'll do it so I've got them on my speed dial if ever I need one, and I won't have to eat my hat
                            PlanB,

You just need to google it.

The notes above, come from HMRC website. Land Registry have also confirmed that all they need to remove the restriction, is a certificate from the sellers solicitor, confirming that the interested party has been informed of the sale.

You don't need a genius solicitor, just one that knows the law and how to apply it. This is not doddgy dealings.

The wording on restrictions is fairly strict.

And indeed, if you google it, it will come up on may websites, which is where I found it, not through knowing loads of solicitors who will do it.
                            Last edited by vint1954; 23 August 2012, 16:53.

Comment

Indeed FP, but the conveyencor was at fault.

Niddy summed it up in post 138.
                              I posted this in post 138 ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=138

But the main point here, which is what matters I guess, is this part:

All you need to do is notify the chargee (whoever has the CO/restriction) that you're disposing of the asset which can be done at the point of exchange. It does not affect the sale of the house.
                              Yes it can be done
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My point is that the purchaser's solicitor will mostly refuse to complete unless all charges are guaranteed to be paid and removed on completion. It's not only the vendor's solicitor who has to be willing to co-operate it's the other party to.

Google is full of frustrated sales as a result. In an ideal world it would be different.

Comment

Working...
                                X