GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script our house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: our house

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
    When it regards a family home decisions can change every hour or even every few minutes.

When my aunty and uncle divorced in 1 hours conversation they had gone though no less than 15 outcomes for the home and disregarded them all.

in the end my aunty kept the house under the terms of it was to be a family home for both of their children (now left and settled in their own homes with children of their own) and now under the same agreement is now selling the house and any left over after her purchasing another property is to be split between the kids (for the grand-kids) all that was agreed whilst they had had mortgage arrears as well.

So i know a rarity but still it shows that to fight for it in every possible scenario.

Could you ask the mortgage provider for a short term payment holiday and advise them that you are currently looking into taking a lodger for the short/long term

Do you live in a university town or city as rooms can go quickly especially coming upto september.

Thanks for that , we do feel intimidated by our mortgage company even though they have tried to help us and i have to say they have been really understanding , this is the second time we have got into arrears and last time they capitolised the arrears and then we changed the mortgage to interest only , then the rate went up and then again and the business took a dive so we slowly got into arrears again. We are two months in arrears right now and i don't know if they will let us take a payment holiday , it would be nice even for a three month payment holiday but i don't know if Kensington do this .

We do have a University and my daughter-in-law has just graduated so she is going to ask for us . The lodger we had in mind is settled in a place now so that has blown that idea out .

last night when we got home our neighbours were in their caravan in their front garden having supper with their kids and the kids waved and smiled and i know it sounds daft ,but i felt gutted all of a sudden that we were at that time moving and i felt a sense of loss . I think it was at that moment that i had doubts and all the ideas came flooding back again, then i read this thread and everyone were giving me ideas and it slowly changed my mind and my husbands mind so we are back to the beginning again .

Thinking of writing to the mortgage company and telling them that at the moment £30 a month is too steep for us and even offer them £10 , we knew we couldn't afford £30 when they said that is the minimum they can accept , but we agreed to keep the peace , but it shows it is too much for us .

Comment

hubby worked out the takings for last week and we would be better off on the dole , how stupid is that ?

The only thing with the dole is that we wouldn't be able to make up the mortgage interest as i said before but at least the mortgage would be receiving £284 , at the moment its when and if we have it .

I applied online for jobs i have phoned my niece and nothing at all, Hubby has applied all over there is just absolutley nothing right now .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        Then there is the charge on the house which will need paying too, selling costs another £1000 .

If we are going to lose it anyway may as well just let it go now .
        Don't forget s2m, the charge is only a restriction if the house is jointly owned and the the charge is against one name only.

With the right solicitor, the house will be sold before they have chance to act on the restriction.

Comment

I know one thing though i have never been this confused and made so many decisions and changed my mind so many times in only a few weeks
          Deep breaths s2m. Take one thing at a time. When you try to think of all the problems at once, it just confuses you.

Make a list of things to sort out and tackle them one by one.

First priority is to sort out your home. So point one is to contact DWP about help with the mortgage.

HAve a look here. Support for mortgage interest payments - Shelter England

It's a good place to start.

Dont wory about your other debts just yet. If yu get any issues, just post them here and let us help.

Comment

hubby worked out the takings for last week and we would be better off on the dole , how stupid is that ?

The only thing with the dole is that we wouldn't be able to make up the mortgage interest as i said before but at least the mortgage would be receiving £284 , at the moment its when and if we have it .

I applied online for jobs i have phoned my niece and nothing at all, Hubby has applied all over there is just absolutley nothing right now .
            What is it that you sell on the market stall?

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
              What is it that you sell on the market stall?
              repair mobile phones unlock mobile phones , sell chargers and cases , believe it or not but the best seller for us are watch straps and batteries .

We have another guy on there doing exactly the same thing , this has taken business off us.

The rent on our poxy stall is £170 a week then there are the business rates which are £1600 a year, then the electric which is individual ,

When we went to apply for council tax benefit the advisor was shocked at how much the market charge to have a stall and even said 'what chance do people have when they charge that ' ?

Comment

repair mobile phones unlock mobile phones , sell chargers and cases , believe it or not but the best seller for us are watch straps and batteries .

The rent on our poxy stall is £170 a week then there are the business rates which are £1600 a year, then the electric which is individual ,

When we went to apply for council tax benefit the advisor was shocked at how much the market charge to have a stall and even said 'what chance do people have when they charge that ' ?
                How much

In my neighbourhood the council let small businesses use empty shops free for three months and the High Street is full of pop-up businesses as a result. Maybe look into new premises as far away as possible from that guy who's nicking your trade too

Comment

Deep breaths s2m. Take one thing at a time. When you try to think of all the problems at once, it just confuses you.

Make a list of things to sort out and tackle them one by one.

First priority is to sort out your home. So point one is to contact DWP about help with the mortgage.

HAve a look here. Support for mortgage interest payments - Shelter England

It's a good place to start.

Dont wory about your other debts just yet. If yu get any issues, just post them here and let us help.

thank you so much, the charge on the house is for £27.77 a month and we have a ccj of £3.89 also a stupid phonce contract which need paying so if we don't pay the charge and the ccj that will cause problems, could do with getting them lowered but then we would have to apply to the court and that costs also .

Thank for the link to shelter also i will look at that .

this place is amazing with people who genuinley care for others , i hope my situation will help others in the future and i can then tesitfy that i got through it

Comment

If you do decide to give the stall up, you may be able to carry on part of that business online. No rent or rates.

There are some website experts on AAD, one in particulat that I can think of

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                      How much

In my neighbourhood the council let small businesses use empty shops free for three months and the High Street is full of pop-up businesses as a result. Maybe look into new premises as far away as possible from that guy who's nicking your trade too
                      our business has been there for 18 years , we bought it off the guy who built it up and when we took it over it was bringing us in £3000 a week , now its lucky if it brings us £30 so you can see how it has declined, one guy on there near us has a cafe and his rent is £500 a week and his business rates a year are £6000 his electric bill every 3 months is £400-500 ,we believe the guy selling the same as us is on there to force us off as he also has a shop in the main precinct . Talk about greedy

Comment

thank you so much, the charge on the house is for £27.77 a month and we have a ccj of £3.89 also a stupid phonce contract which need paying so if we don't pay the charge and the ccj that will cause problems, could do with getting them lowered but then we would have to apply to the court and that costs also .

Thank for the link to shelter also i will look at that .

this place is amazing with people who genuinley care for others , i hope my situation will help others in the future and i can then tesitfy that i got through it
                        The charge to get a redetermination in court is £80 for the hearing. If you receive any benefits, or are on low income, these can be waived.

Link below:

Court Fees
                        Last edited by vint1954; 21 August 2012, 08:51.

Comment

This is extortionate!! My ex had a market stall many years ago and while I appreciate that things go up, I'm not aware that business rates were even charged. If they were, it certainly wasn't very much or we'd not have bothered running it.

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          How much

Yes, they do that where I am as well. It's certainly worth looking into; if not a pop-up shop, then new premises entirely.

Remember the mantra:
                          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you do decide to give the stall up, you may be able to carry on part of that business online. No rent or rates.

There are some website experts on AAD, one in particulat that I can think of
                            thank you will show hubby this he is on the market now slogging away to pay them their rent the greedy sods

Comment

The charge to get a redetermination in court is £80 for the hearing. If you receive any benefits, or are on low income, these can be waived.

Link below:

Court Fees

thank you again , will get this lowered as its far too much when the mortgage is going short .

Comment

our business has been there for 18 years , we bought it off the guy who built it up and when we took it over it was bringing us in £3000 a week , now its lucky if it brings us £30 so you can see how it has declined, one guy on there near us has a cafe and his rent is £500 a week and his business rates a year are £6000 his electric bill every 3 months is £400-500 ,we believe the guy selling the same as us is on there to force us off as he also has a shop in the main precinct . Talk about greedy
                                If you genuinely only receive £30 pw profit from the stall, then it may be worth thinking about your next move.

I think JSA for a couple is around £111 pw.

Comment

Working...
                                X