GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script our house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: our house

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
    If you genuinely only receive £30 pw profit from the stall, then it may be worth thinking about your next move.

I think JSA for a couple is around £111 pw.

yes it is £111.45 i have checked lol, the mortgage help is £71 a week which leaves us short of £166 + the arrears of £30 a month , not possible is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
      But you said you could get a couple of lodgers that would bring £100/week... if there's a nearby uni it shouldn't be a problem!
      will see what comes of that

Comment

A Level results were out last week so the big scramble for university places and student accommodation is at a peak right now. Some colleges post available accommodation on their websites so contact these as well as the letting agents Once the students know where they will be living they usually leave a deposit ( ) and then bugger off for a month and will be back at the start of term which will give you plenty of time to sort that annoying back door problem

Comment

Interesting, could go into caravan lets for uni"s ? or not.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If you're thinking of letting out to university students, you'll need to get in touch with the uni as soon as possible or you may find you've missed the boat.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks guys will look, i have another friend of my son's interested he is coming to look next week as i need to clear some stuff out

Comment

if i take a lodger in they take £15 off the support for mortgage interest lol

Comment

if we apply to the court for a redetermination on the charge and the ccj do you think asking the charge to reduced form £27.77 down to £5.00 and the ccj reduced from £3.89 down to £1.00 would be asking too much ?
                  The ccj is for a debt of £711.89

Just looked on payplanplus and it telling me 'your payment is overdue' I think not as i payed and have the proof , i also told them i am only paying 3 priority debts .

thinking about this , i don't think the judge ordered any set amount of repayment for the charge , so could hubby phone or write to fairfax and ask them to accept a lower payment of £5 until we get back on our feet once again, also the ccj if we write and ask them if we can offer them £1 also ?
                  This would be easier than applying to the court to do it .
                  Last edited by Spent2much; 21 August 2012, 14:13.

Comment

I would make sure that it has not been set by the court first.

It sounds like it was a forthwith order and the agreed payments were with the crediors.

Comment

• Re: our house

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                      I would make sure that it has not been set by the court first.

It sounds like it was a forthwith order and the agreed payments were with the crediors.
                      i think we will call at the court and ask how much it will cost for us to get it changed as it will help us a lot and looking on the court fees website it looks like we won't pay much or anything if we are claiming benefits, will see about the ccj also .

Comment

You can apply for a variation of the court order which normally costs £35 but fee can be waived if you are on income based (means tested) benefits.
                        thanks is this for them both , the charge and the ccj ?

Comment

The charge is ALSO a CCJ in the first place, only they have secured the debt. Our member Lovemoney got a CO but also got agreement from the court that the creditor wouldn't enforce the charge as long as she paid £1/month ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Lovemoney UE Diary

eversheds got the ccj/co at the same time, we tried to defend it , but the jusdge wasn't interested. Eversheds were getting paid regularly but then they started refusing payments so that they could get the cc secured to the house . eversheds also went for the ccj while the account was in dispute , i put the wrong account number when i sent for the cca request and they went for the c/o, the account was definately in dispute though .
                          Last edited by Spent2much; 21 August 2012, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                            eversheds got the ccj/co at the same time, we tried to defend it , but the jusdge wasn't interested. Eversheds were getting paid regularly but then they started refusing payments so that they could get the cc secured to the house .

Just a minute are you say prior to a Charging Order they actually refused payment that you tried to make???

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                              Just a minute are you say prior to a Charging Order they actually refused payment that you tried to make???
                              yes they did and for the purpose of getting the charge, they did it so it made my husband appear to not be paying.

Comment

wow more discussion on this, wonder what can be done in that case as that is misconduct?

Comment

Working...
                                X