GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script our house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: our house

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Does it make sense to invest £80 simply to get your CCJ payments reduced by £3 I wonder what would happen if you told the creditors you can't afford more than £1 a month for the next 6 months and you are in the process of making an application to the court to formalise this. Once you're in receipt of benefits I think it's an automatic right for you to not pay court fees. I'm only looking at tactics so wait to get the hard facts from someone else who knows more about these things

My hubby just pointed a few things out about the statements, and the transactions for the stock came out of the business we just use the account by using the debit card as it saves money on a business account .

He also pointed out that the mobile phone top up comes out of the business and is all accounted for in his books which the council have seen for council tax benefit and also working tax know about .

Hubby is cancelling virgin media and the landline and he is going to buy a dongle for the internet which cuts the cost down also , and the home insurance will be bricks and mortar only form October which saves £14 a month, the account statement also has £ 32.66 showing to payplan from last month, the thing is the court is asking for 3 months statements and our situation deteriorated during the past few months so how do i explain this to the court, the good thing showing on the statement is that we made two seperate payments to kensington in the same month which shows we are struggling.

I know what you mean about the £80 , but the only other alternative is to just put the statements into the court and if they question it we will have to justify it .

Comment

Does this post by Pixie help

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...58&postcount=2

Get your benefit applications in if I were you

Comment

Does it make sense to invest £80 simply to get your CCJ payments reduced by £3 I wonder what would happen if you told the creditors you can't afford more than £1 a month for the next 6 months and you are in the process of making an application to the court to formalise this. Once you're in receipt of benefits I think it's an automatic right for you to not pay court fees. I'm only looking at tactics so wait to get the hard facts from someone else who knows more about these things

Just re read your post, the charge on the house is £27.77 and the ccj is £3.89 a month so reducing them to £1 each will pay the arrears off the mortgage .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
          Just re read your post, the charge on the house is £27.77 and the ccj is £3.89 a month so reducing them to £1 each will pay the arrears off the mortgage .
          My point was that once you're in receipt of benefits you won't have to pay the court application fees or produce bank statements as far as I'm aware. Your CCJ's could get reduced to £1 too. And you'll get full Council Tax rebate etc. Sign on for JSA or any appropriate benefit and that'll be the gateway for everything else including getting your mortgage interest paid I'm keeping the title of this thread at the front of my mind

I know you said you wanted to wait two more weeks in case the business picks up again, but you also worry about your hubby's migraines caused by all the stress of this

Comment

But JSA isn't the answer to everything PlanB...I've really been struggling to live on it
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              But JSA isn't the answer to everything PlanB...I've really been struggling to live on it
              I agree. JSA is a pathetic and insulting amount of money to expect people to actually survive on it let alone "live"

Maybe it would still be a good idea for S2M to use it as a short-term tool to get things stabilised with her CCJs and her mortgage before signing off to run her new online business and B & B or fill the house with lodgers
              Last edited by PlanB; 27 August 2012, 09:10.

Comment

we are sending the form in with the bank statements and the business books and anything else they want, if they question the bank statements we can honestly explain what the transactions are so nothing to hide here .

We just received an order from a local company to unlock a load of mobile phones which has already made us half the mortgage for this month, so this is excellent news for us , hubby also had a word about lowering the rent for the stall and that's looking promising, hubby is feeling confident that business is picking up again, but also feels relaxed knowing we can claim jsa and smi if needs be.

i also just got some extra cash a week doing ironing , i hate ironing but it makes money so who cares

I had a few calls about the room also so things are looking better .

Comment

Things are looking up s2m

Comment

. . . looking promising, hubby is feeling confident that business is picking up again, but also feels relaxed knowing we can claim jsa and smi if needs be.
                    It's always good to have a Plan B in the background

If the mortgage company starts to put pressure on you about the arrears then make a formal complaint and then after 8 weeks it's off to the FOS which means that they can't start possession proceedings because the FOS says " we may ask a lender whether it is willing to delay proceedings while we consider the complaint " which we all know takes about a year to trundle through their system. Firms which are signed up to the FOS scheme are expected to toe the line

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ip.html#header

Comment

Things are looking brighter S2M
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's always good to have a Plan B in the background

If the mortgage company starts to put pressure on you about the arrears then make a formal complaint and then after 8 weeks it's off to the FOS which means that they can't start possession proceedings because the FOS says " we may ask a lender whether it is willing to delay proceedings while we consider the complaint " which we all know takes about a year to trundle through their system. Firms which are signed up to the FOS scheme are expected to toe the line

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...ip.html#header

thank you good to know

Comment

thank you good to know
                          It's good to get all your ducks lined up in a row in advance
                          I hate ironing too

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                            Do bear in mind that there's normally a 13 week wait for SMI!
                            yes , but if there is absolutley no choice we would have take that step and would write to the mortgage provider and ask them to put the account on hold until SMI starts to pay , if they don't do that then we would have to see what the next step forward would be.
                            Right now things seem to be improving , but many people are forced into unemployment and claim SMI so we shall just take each day as it comes.

Hopefully if we get the rent on the stall halved and the charge to fairfax down to £1 .

My hubby won't give in easily when it comes to his business , he said if he never made one single penny in a week then he would close and call it a day, that has never happened and speaking positively never will
                            Last edited by Spent2much; 28 August 2012, 06:21.

Comment

Took the form to the court for the variation, to get the ccj reduced to £1

All we needed was the working tax credits award certificate as proof and never had to pay the £40 fee , never had to put in any bank statements or any other proof of income only what we put on the form .

it should take around 3 weeks from start to finish, so what i am thinking of doing is sending an email to payplan to say i will be paying fairfax solicitors £1 next month because of the financial situation and that we have applied for a variation.

Now the figures we have coming in and out every month leaves us with £ 2 to spend on whatever we wish , not sure what i will do with this because think we best make the most of it because Fairfax are going to refuse the offer of £1 i reckon and if there is a hearing the judge may order us to pay the £2 to fairfax

So i might go to Asda and buy a chocolate eclair each for me and hubby for our tea with our £2

In all seriousness we will wait and see what happnes .

ps. as this ccj is also a charge on the house, could fairfax take further action to force sale to get their money even if the judge rules that £1 is all we can afford ?
                              Last edited by Spent2much; 29 August 2012, 13:50.

Comment

I wouldn't let the solicitors know about your application. Wait until it is a done deal before informing them. You don't want them challenging it.

Just send the £1. By the time they complain, it should have been through the court.

I could be wrong, but I thought that they could not get a full charging order when there was a court instruction on repayments.

Also, dont forget, house is in joint names and debt is in single names. Only notation is applied.

I don't think that they can go for an order for sale, against the courts instructions.

Comment

Working...
                                X