GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script our house - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: our house

Ok so pay what you can over the phone this month even if it's a shortfall, and maybe tell them you're expecting to make a futher payment in a couple of weeks depending on how the business is doing There is nothing to stop you making random payments during the month however small (even £10) to look willing. It's nice to make payments by card on the auto system then you can avoid the anxiety of talking. But keep writing lots of letters for the file.

I would be inclined to tell them that if the business doesn't pick up in two weeks you'll be applying for SMI and ask them if they can send you any information on this. They should have a leaflet. The point is it lets them know that you're actively in control of the situation and not sticking your head in the sand. They'd love you to be in receipt of SMI because payments underwritten by the Government will make them feel more secure

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Ok so pay what you can over the phone this month even if it's a shortfall, and maybe tell them you're expecting to make a futher payment in a couple of weeks depending on how the business is doing There is nothing to stop you making random payments during the month however small (even £10) to look willing. It's nice to make payments by card on the auto system then you can avoid the anxiety of talking. But keep writing lots of letters for the file.

I would be inclined to tell them that if the business doesn't pick up in two weeks you'll be applying for SMI and ask them if they can send you any information on this. They should have a leaflet. The point is it lets them know that you're actively in control of the situation and not sticking your head in the sand. They'd love you to be in receipt of SMI because payments underwritten by the Government will make them feel more secure

will do and i thought this also about them feeling secure about government payments they know its always going to be paid lol.
      Thanks for your help , its not what you know its who you know

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        will do and i thought this also about them feeling secure about government payments they know its always going to be paid lol.
        Thanks for your help , its not what you know its who you know
        I forgot to say whatever happens don't let slip about the lodger idea on the phone

Now it's not the end-of-the-month until the end of next week so try to enjoy the bank holiday weekend with your family and that cute grandchild of yours

Comment

Oh and here's something really boring for you to read about Pre-Action Protocol I've selected the two ones which may help you:

6.1 (a) "A lender must consider not starting a possession claim where the borrower can demonstrate to the lender .... a submitted claim to the DWP for SMI ".

So I'd get that application in quick smart if I were you

and,

7.3 " . . a claim must not normally be started . . .if it is reasonable to do one of the following . . . defer payment of interest due under the mortgage".

I wonder if that refers to a mortgage interest *holiday*

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...tocol/prot_mha

Comment

I forgot to say whatever happens don't let slip about the lodger idea on the phone

Now it's not the end-of-the-month until the end of next week so try to enjoy the bank holiday weekend with your family and that cute grandchild of yours

i won't tell them about that , and my attitude has changed from stressed to 'don't give a monkeys' we can only do our best and our best is what we give

not had any response about the lodgers so far , to be honest even if we don't get a lodger i will make it work i am keeping this house no matter what

we will enjoy the weeknd for sure, got my little grandson coming we are going to a farm on Monday and will take a picnic with us so it will be great, my son and daughter-in-law payed for me and hubby to go to Chester zoo Wednesday it was fabulous i will post some pics up later ,my son and daughter-in-law are very good they said it was their treat for the many times we babysit for them . Life is good when you have family and friends around you .

Comment

Oh and here's something really boring for you to read about Pre-Action Protocol I've selected the two ones which may help you:

6.1 (a) "A lender must consider not starting a possession claim where the borrower can demonstrate to the lender .... a submitted claim to the DWP for SMI ".

So I'd get that application in quick smart if I were you

and,

7.3 " . . a claim must not normally be started . . .if it is reasonable to do one of the following . . . defer payment of interest due under the mortgage".

I wonder if that refers to a mortgage interest *holiday*

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...tocol/prot_mha
              thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                ...or anywhere else

There are many ways to get lodgers, obviously the university would be ideal but by no means the only source.

will still keep advertising .

Comment

On the form for the variation for the charge it has a box to tick where is say's 'i can afford *** and enclose a cheque for *** .

Do i not pay next months £27.77 through payplan , but instead enclose a cheque with £1 PO in it when submitting the form to the court ?

I don't want to upset fairfax solicitors by not paying them ,but my mortgage comes first and yet i want to keep everyone happy .

Thanks

Comment

Hubby has filled in the form for the variation and he is going to include £1 postal order , i am sending payplan an email telling what is happening and informing them that next month the payment will be down to £4.89 until i can get the ccj reduced to £1 also , that just leaves the orange phone contract which is also £1 , so hopefully from £500 in 2007 then £226 in 2008 June 2012 £32.66 because of the UE route , our debt payment is down to £3 , hope that fairfax see sense or if they refuse the jusge at the hearing will agree , then our mortgage can be paid properly again.
                    Last edited by Spent2much; 26 August 2012, 08:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                      You are applying to the court for the variations, aren't you? Not to Payplan! The court may request an I&E from you, but you should have no problems convincing them all you can pay is £1/month on each CCJ when you show them you're barely covering the mortgage, which is a priority.

At the moment you haven't got any extra income as all the ideas mentioned above such as lodgers, etc. are just that, ideas...
                      Yes that's right and there is an income and expenditure to fill in, there is quite a few things on there that we haven't filled such as petrol and car insurance also travel to work as we walk everywhere at the moment , my parents have been paying the petrol and insurance so i'm not putting it on there . They need a bank statement too , but the one i looked at has the payment to payplan of £32.66 also my son paid his catalogue account with my debit card and gave me the money ,and mobile phone top up too .
                      The income we have coming is less than whats going out and is showing £60 shortfall so i don't know what the court will think

I wouldn't put down about the lodgers either, and won't even put the amount of payement back up even if i do get one , they can wait now .
                      Last edited by Spent2much; 26 August 2012, 10:29.

Comment

I have just checked payplanplus and gone right back to the very frist payment with them in Feb2008 and it is showing the ccj as £3.89 so it is set at that , so I will apply for a variation on this i am hand delivering the one for the charge on Tusesday so i will pick up the form to apply for the variation at the same time , I also emailed payplan and told them i will only be paying £4.89 next month as i have applied for a variation on the charge and will be doing the same for the ccj, i am in control of how much i pay through payplan as i pay by debit card so no problem there.

You know what i really feel things are looking up again especially applying for the variation on the two remaining priroity accounts , if this works out it will help others who might be in a similar situation and they will know there is a way through and a light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                          You know what i really feel things are looking up again especially applying for the variation on the two remaining priroity accounts , if this works out it will help others who might be in a similar situation and they will know there is a way through and a light at the end of the tunnel
                          There is indeed a light at the end of the tunnel and I can assure you it's not an express train coming towards you either

Next time you've got nothing to do read how the FOS regularly upholds complaints against rogue lenders who don't treat customers fairly when they have mortgage problems

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...rs.html#header

Comment

it would ease the burden if kensington would change the rate to a lower one , can't see that very likely

Comment

I think we will have to pay the court fee of £40 for the variation because we have to show 3 months bank statements and i just looked at them and they have some transactions where we baught stock for the business and some other things on there too , such as the car insurance which my mum pays , also virgin media which was nearly £40 a month until we took the phone off to keep costs down, my son has a catalogue account which i pay with my debit card online and he gives me the money which is also on there one of the transactions is £150 , he forgets to pay and then gets charged so he gives me the money each month and make sure it is paid , so this is on our bank statement and looks like we are telling lies when compared to our income and expenditure .

So think we might pay the £40 fee for the charge and then next month pay another £40 fee for the ccj variation
                              Last edited by Spent2much; 27 August 2012, 06:46.

Comment

Does it make sense to invest £80 simply to get your CCJ payments reduced by £3 I wonder what would happen if you told the creditors you can't afford more than £1 a month for the next 6 months and you are in the process of making an application to the court to formalise this. Once you're in receipt of benefits I think it's an automatic right for you to not pay court fees. I'm only looking at tactics so wait to get the hard facts from someone else who knows more about these things

Comment

Working...
                                X