GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script hi i need some urgent help and advice pls due to be evicted - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi i need some urgent help and advice pls due to be evicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: hi i need some urgent help and advice pls

Hopefully the court records can confirm your absence for you. Perhaps those words on the order were a mistake by the admin team who type up the Order after the hearing based on the DJ's handwriting and/or a transcription on a CD of the hearing

When Shelter refer you to a solicitor to defend an eviction they normally provide their services free and/or you could be means tested for Legal Aid

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyq View Post
      im not sure where i was on that date but 100% sure i was'nt in court nor have i ever been for this case
      Does the address on that possession order match the address you were actually living at on that date in 2009, because that is where the summons and hearing date/court papers etc would have been sent 8 weeks before giving you the opportunity to file your defence?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        The wording of that Order implies that the OP did attend the hearing. Could the court have got that wrong, and do you keep a diary to prove where you were on that date if not in court? If there was a hearing there should be a transcript available which will confirm either way.
        That is only one of the reasons to apply for a suspension or variation to the order.

The application needs to be on an N244 I beleive. Shelter or CAB should be able to advise.

If there is another eviction problem imminent, that technically means that the order has been broken, that is the OP is in arrears.

I think that the OP really needs some professional advice, urgently. Paul is very buissy at the moment. Have you tried Shelter for such?

Comment

Jimmyq,

I have just read back through your thread.

Have you sent your agreement to Niddy?

Comment

thats the problem mate i cant find a decent solicitor whos dealt with cases like this before. Was told Paul is good but hes busy as yet. i cant afford to pay solicitors who have not dealt with something similar before as alot of them want to have a go but have no previous cases or dealing like this. Ive paid a few solicitors just to assess the situation then tell me they can try but are unsure etc. i dont mind paying a reputable company if they believe i have some sort of leg to stand on here.

I dont fancy paying more solicitors just charge me to look at my agreements etc . then tell me we are unsure or we can try this that the other. if a firm can tell me we have such and such grounds and theres a chance we can win or reduce the fees etc im ready to go with them but where i live alot of them have never dealt with cases like this.

i even approached and gave all my paperwork to Cartel Client Review last time who have dealt with blemain/harpmanor and won the Peter Bentley case but sadly for me they went bust!

so i dont know who to approach as i dont mind paying but mind wasting money i dont really have

i tried the shelter links you posted and they gave me some other contact details who ive approached and waiting for them to get back to me

thanks
            Hi,
            This maybe to late as the possession order is already been granted but we went to court for a possession hearing and we were expecting to lose our case and lose our home but in our local court on a Wednesday when housing issues are dealt with there was a free solicitor available to help anyone who asked for help, we saw her showed our defence she got us an adjournment re wrote our defence that was 2010 we are still in our home we have I believe just won our case with the FOS waiting for it to be confirmed, so what I am saying is check your local court see if there is a free solicitor and ask for help maybe to late but worth a go.
            Best of luck.
            Last edited by helmsman; 5 August 2012, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
              Jimmyq,

I have just read back through your thread.

Have you sent your agreement to Niddy?
              hi yes i did

Comment

hi yes i did
                Duly sent to Paul.....
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Duly sent to Paul.....
                  And what does Paul make of all this since it looks like Jimmy's days are numbered when/if the bailiffs turn up at his home any time soon

Comment

And what does Paul make of all this since it looks like Jimmy's days are numbered when/if the bailiffs turn up at his home any time soon
                    Paul is somewhat tied up at the moment.

Comment

Sorry, were moving office, and to top it all its my first born's birthday tomorrow. I have had to rely on my internet at home for work purposes and its a nightmare to try and spend time sat at the PC when the family are expecting me to spend time with them in the evening.

My parents have just moved over 400 miles away from us too, so its been utter chaos.

I recall receiving the agreement but i dont remember anything standing out at me as being inherently bad. I would suggest speaking to either Shelter or seeking pro bono assistance from the Bar Pro Bono department.

Comment

hi just an update the fos have got back to me today via telephone and said its out of their jurisdiction and also harp manor have told them they cant deal with this issue so im now back to square one

ill get my mp to refer me to Bar Pro Bono department or try find a solicitor willing to take this case on as im sure there must be something that can be done

Comment

Here's how to contact the Bar Pro Bono Unit direct without waiting for your MP to help

http://www.barprobono.org.uk/?cID=154

Comment

All of our cases are referred to us by advice agencies or solicitors.

An example of an advice agency is a :For more information on where to find an advice agencies click here

IMPORTANT NOTE:
                            WE CANNOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS UNLESS THEY COME VIA A REFERRER; AN ADVICE AGENCY, LAWYER, MP OR SIMILAR

?

Comment

Wow I didn't even need my glasses to read that last post

You can get a referral to the Bar Pro Bono Unit from your nearest LawWorks clinic - I work in one so I know it's true I think I may have posted up this info before but here it is again

http://www.lawworks.org.uk/help-for-individuals

Comment

Wow I didn't even need my glasses to read that last post

You can get a referral to the Bar Pro Bono Unit from your nearest LawWorks clinic - I work in one so I know it's true I think I may have posted up this info before but here it is again

http://www.lawworks.org.uk/help-for-individuals

sorry i just copied and pasted it straight over ...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X