GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Enough now - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recently checked my credit file having previously ignored it. My credit rating is good so whatever faults were there have gone.
    I was very good at keeping letters so not sure if some accounts haven’t been defaulted , if that’s possible after all this time.

So so now I wait for some replies , I will post responses back as I receive them.

Thank you you so much again I can’t tell you how much better I feel, having started this process.
    have a lovely evening everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
      TYPE OF ACCOUNT : CC
      DATE COMMENCED : June 2005
      approx balance : £3543.55
      last paid in full : before July 2008
      ON DMP SINCE JULY 2008
      Account owner : Cabot financial ( for Westcott).
      >>>>Wescott do not own debt but try and collect on commission basis so Cabot own the debt!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

well done on starting your diary, x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi , well all letters have now been send 1st class recorded will see what turns up then.
          In relation to the 12+2 days is this working days ?
          Don't worry about the 12 + 2 - they rarely come up with agreements within that time anyway. It then means that the account will be (temporarily, at least) unenforceable, but you won't be chasing them for a reply to a CCA74 request.

Comment

Originally posted by Right-a-wrong View Post
            I joined earlier this year after much dithering and wish I had bitten the bullet years before. I have had some fantastic results since joining, and have peace of mind at long last, and all in a few short months. You are in amazing hands here, with caring, sharing people, knowledge is power. Good luck on your journey Rosebud!

Oh oh that’s just amazing , gives me hope. Thank you I can see from the posts I have read that there is much support within this group. Just fab.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

>>>>Wescott do not own debt but try and collect on commission basis so Cabot own the debt!
              Oh how confusing , I sent my letter to Cabot so there shouldn’t be any delay.
              Thank you for explaining.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                well done on starting your diary, x
                thank you , as you know it’s just such a big step, but one I am very glad to have started.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

Don't worry about the 12 + 2 - they rarely come up with agreements within that time anyway. It then means that the account will be (temporarily, at least) unenforceable, but you won't be chasing them for a reply to a CCA74 request.

Thank you you for explaining that for me. I am very interested now in the responses to my requests.
                  No I won’t be sending any reminder letters. Counting the days now..... want the letters coming in..

Comment

Well, 6 out of the 8 letters sent have been delivered. The 2 which haven’t are The ‘Link’ accounts.
                    I will check again tomorrow.

Comment

Recorded delivery some time still show in system but delivered, found in the past a letter refering to the one not shown as signed /

Comment

Well, 6 out of the 8 letters sent have been delivered. The 2 which haven’t are The ‘Link’ accounts.
                        I will check again tomorrow.
                        This is very interesting as I have recently sent CCA's to all of mine, but the only one not showing up is link, although I sent 2 to link (one for my husband) but that's not saying received!!!
                        does anyone know how we stand legally with this? All CCA's sent on the same day recorded signed for delivery, but some showing signed for and others not?
                        i can't prove that they "did" receive them can I ?

Comment

Originally posted by vaper View Post
                          This is very interesting as I have recently sent CCA's to all of mine, but the only one not showing up is link, although I sent 2 to link (one for my husband) but that's not saying received!!!
                          does anyone know how we stand legally with this? All CCA's sent on the same day recorded signed for delivery, but some showing signed for and others not?
                          i can't prove that they "did" receive them can I ?
                          If you sent them by recorded delivery, as long as you keep the certificate from the post office that is your proof that you sent the request. I always stapled the posting slip to the relevant copy letter in order to be sure which slip related to which letter. That is your complete paper trail.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                            Recorded delivery some time still show in system but delivered, found in the past a letter refering to the one not shown as signed /
                            Ah thank you, I thought it strange. But I will check again tonight and see if it’s marked as delivered. I have printed out the signature receipts for my records for the others. Will keep diary updated. Will see how quickly I get replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

If you sent them by recorded delivery, as long as you keep the certificate from the post office that is your proof that you sent the request. I always stapled the posting slip to the relevant copy letter in order to be sure which slip related to which letter. That is your complete paper trail.
                              Thank you, yes I have ensured that I have kept all relevant paperwork with each debt. Will now wait to see what replies I get back. Will post updates as received. Thanks again.

Comment

My own experience with LINK is that they didn't sign for CCA request. They have never ever mentioned that request.
                                A SAR later revealed LINK had requested CCA from OL and that there had been correspondence between LINK and OL. Very revealing that SAR!!
                                I have noticed in diaries LINK claiming they have responded to CCA and the diaries denying receipt!

Now make certain you have a record of every LINK letter, memo, sms, phone call. By time and date!
                                Because whilst that CCA request is outstanding the Debt is unenforceable.

Comment

Working...
                                X