GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Getting myself out of debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting myself out of debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe an obvious question but do you have any copies of old CRA reports?

Comment

• I don't I'm afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by debrag View Post
        Debt 4 JD WIlliams
        Opened: June 2013
        Type: Catalogue
        Current Balance: £1740
        Last payment: £1.00 | July 2018
        Last fill payment: December 2017
        Arrangement: DMP till May 2018
        Owner: JD Williams
        March - Payment arrangement confirmation for Payplan's DMP, not longer using them.
        July - Received arrears letter and fact sheet from FCA

August - Received letter stating they haven't received payment from Payplan etc etc I have an overdue payment of £78.16. Will it carry on like this forever or will they eventually default?
        They have finally sent me a letter saying they have cancelled my Payplan agreement. About time.

Comment

• So unable to edit or quote since the issues with the site. - EDIT: can how edit.

Natwest OD - balance now £799 according to my credit report. It looks like the interested on the loan has been paid off the OD instead.
          Natwest loan - yearly statement received
          Last edited by debrag; 18 August 2018, 12:47.

Comment

Anyone had any dealing with ARC? Before when I hadn't paid them they phoned me which I don't want them to do.

Which of your debts is ARC chasing?

Di

Comment

Debt 11 David Lloyd
              Opened: August 2016
              Type: Gym
              Current Balance: £582
              Last fill payment: July 2016
              Arrangement: Reduced payments
              Owner: ARC
              ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?
              August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
              August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
              As above I am now receiving calls every day/other day

Comment

• Getting really confused now credit resource solutions and credit resolution services call themselves CRS! Thought I'd sorted out the payments from credit resource solutions leaving my bank but another payment went out this month. This is an investigation going on with the bank, I'm getting nowhere with the company themselves. Oh and they appear to have no details for me on record, at any of my last 3 addresses
                Last edited by debrag; 30 August 2018, 19:11.

Comment

Debt 11 David Lloyd
                  Opened: August 2016
                  Type: Gym
                  Current Balance: £582
                  Last fill payment: July 2016
                  Arrangement: Reduced payments
                  Owner: ARC
                  ARC if I don't pay start phoning, can I send the do not phone letter now?
                  August - received email + letter agreeing on a payment plan of £1 a month, I didn't agreed to this as I told them the agreement was £0.
                  August - receiving calls every day/other day - ignoring - harassment letter has been sent
                  Just received a letter from ARC due to me not making payments. It's a 'we can refer the matter to our solicitors...to prepare a county court claim...', 'could apply for a formal judgement against you...'.
                  What is my next move?

Comment

Debt 13 Trugym
                    Opened: August 2012
                    Current Balance: £86
                    Last payment: November 2015
                    Last fill payment: March 2013 maybe
                    Arrangement: None
                    Owner: Credit Resolution Services

January - Email from Zinc "we have been instructed by our client to assist you with the resolution of your account."
                    March - Missed payment
                    April - Missed payment
                    June - balance update by email - £162
                    July - Settlement offer email - £114.33
                    July - Payment reminder email x 2

September - Arrears email, balance now £52.44
                    September - Settlement offer via email £39.33
                    September - email regarding settlement offer
                    October - Missed payment email, appear I was paying till May 2015
                    October - Payment reminder, £2.44
                    November - Trying to make contact email x 2, balance now £50, did I pay the £2.44??
                    December - We have not received a response email x 3

January - We have not received a response email x 3
                    Contact from CRS

June - Letter received stating account sent back to CRS
                    July - email received:

I would first like to explain that The Zinc Group are a third party organisation working under the instruction of our clients to assist their customers.

The Zinc Group are provided limited data and are considered only to be processors, however Credit Resolution Services (CRS) remain the controllers of the data associated with your account.

In light of this, CRS have requested that you contact them directly should you wish to submit a Data Subject Access Request. You can contact them, stating the reason for your DSAR, including your account details at
                    subjectaccessrequest@harlandsgroup.co.uk

I can confirm your account was returned to our client in March 2016. As The Zinc Group are no longer the managing agents of your account, you have not and will not receive further contact from us with regards to this matter.

August -
                    SAR received today. Last payment made November 2015 so SB November 2021! Very detailed SAR with screen shoots of all databases, they don't have an up to date landline though Looks like it went to 'doorstep' status at an old address lol Awaiting their next move
                    Received a possible legal action letter for £86!!!! If I don't pay and they issue a ccj and I then don't pay it will be out sourced. I have 10 days to act. It would be nice if you could make payment arrangements/pay online but no you have to phone. I'd rather pay then get a ccj for £86. They are defiantly just in house for Harlands group as their web address just redirects to Harlands

Comment

• Diana Mayhew
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• was that a PAP letter of say 4-5 pages pre action protocol type? letter

if not then not pre action letter
                        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 September 2018, 09:37.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          was that a PAP letter of say 4-5 pages pre action protocol type? letter

if not then not pre action letter
                          no it was just one page

Click image for larger version

Name:	trugym.png
Views:	135
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	1514204

Comment

Debt 12 QQ
                            Opened: January 2012
                            Type: PDL
                            Current Balance: £481
                            Last payment: £1.00 | February 2016
                            Last fill payment: £110 | February 2012
                            Arrangement: None
                            Owner: Lantern
                            Fell of credit report May 2018, MMF/Lantern send email January 2018, payment set up for £2 a month, last payment June 2018, SAR letter sent, received all documentation including a breakdown and CCA. Full payment was £722 as stated in the CCA but on account info in SAR letter interest is £590, so that's £368 in extra charges . Have paid Lantern £8.

Email tennis - notice of overdue payment, payment plan offer, unable to afford payments
                            Email - notice of formal complaint, payment plan offered by QQ, ignored
                            Email - debt referral - ARC

Back to QQ
                            Balance recieved via email - balance 695, 170 received from ARC - £499 in default
                            Overdue payment emails

Overdue payment emails
                            Loan balance requested - nothing received

Overdue payment emails - only 2 this time
                            Notice of sale

Notice of assignment - MMF
                            Repayment plan confirmation
                            Fell off credit report

SAR sent + documents received
                            Repayment plan closed by me
                            Received response for IR

We thank you for your complaint regarding the above account. We take complaints very seriously and have investigated the matter fully. However, our investigation indicates that the matter you are complaining of occurred outside the complaint handling time limits.

As you may know, we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and are bound by their rules and guidance. The complaint handling rules are known as DISP and specifically in your case, DISP 1.8.1( R ) states
                            "If a respondent receives a complaint which is outside the time limits for a referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (see DISP 2.8) it may reject the complaint without considering the merits….”

Our investigation determined that the event you are complaining of, i.e. when you took out your loan/s, occurred outside the time limits below and we are therefore rejecting your complaint on this basis.

We appreciate your comments about the loan/these loans being unaffordable. However, as your loans were taken out greater than six years from the time of your complaint, you would have been reasonably aware of this issue at the time you were making your repayments.

I understand you may be disappointed but hope this explanation explains why we have taken this position.

If you remain unhappy with our Final Response, we need to ensure you are aware of your rights of referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge.
                            The Ombudsman might not be able to consider your complaint if:

• what you’re complaining about happened more than six years ago, and
                            • you’re complaining more than three years after you realised (or should have realised) that there was a problem.

We think that your complaint was made outside of these time limits but this is a matter for the Ombudsman to decide. If the Ombudsman agrees with us, they will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances (see below).

If you do decide to refer your complaint to the Ombudsman you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.

If you do not refer your complaint to the Ombudsman within six months of the date of this letter, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances.
                            The very limited circumstances referred to above include, where the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

As this is our Final Response regarding your concerns to the above referenced account, if you are not happy with this outcome I need to ensure that you are aware of the ultimate availability of the Financial Ombudsman Service. You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter. If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances. I have provided you with a link to the leaflet for your information to assist you if you decide to pursue this further course of action. They can be contacted at:
                            The Financial Ombudsman Service,
                            Exchange Tower,
                            London,
                            E14 9SR.
                            Tel: 0300 123 9123

Please make note, a right to access your QuickQuid/Pounds to Pocket account has been submitted on your behalf. You will receive a separate email with instructions.
                            Should I now go down the CCA route? or just wait as I haven't heard from Lantern for a while.
                            Last edited by debrag; 1 September 2018, 10:41.

Comment

• not a PAP,thern they are hoping you get freightened, they are tring to baffle you with possibilities i.e.:- if/buts.

any CCA1974 if sent send un-redacted to:- webmaster-all-about-debt@.uk.com

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                                not a PAP,thern they are hoping you get freightened, they are tring to baffle you with possibilities i.e.:- if/buts.

any CCA1974 if sent send un-redacted to:- webmaster-all-about-debt@.uk.com
                                What should I do? Ignore or send a letter

Comment

Working...
                                X