GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is it my turn? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it my turn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it my turn?

Over the past few weeks I have had several calls, some answered, as no scanning on phone, and others not. They are from different voices, when answered, asking for various people. Some will say who is calling, and others say they cannot for security reasons. How daft is that? All are from the friendly Wobbers Way.

Are they circling in or just waiting for somebody to answer, "The Bucket residence. Mistress of the house." or the like and then shout "gotcha"?

Re: Is it my turn?

Wouldn't be surprised Julian then again could be folk with nowt better to do, xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wescott started calling me. I just answer "yorkshires premier whorehouse; how can we satisfy your urges today".....

Line goes dead.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Wescott started calling me. I just answer "yorkshires premier whorehouse; how can we satisfy your urges today".....

Line goes dead.

Remember one few years ago :- DCA rang I responded Buck house which department do you require?? - heard in the back ground == That number is the Queens Residence = slam

Comment

Get your grand child to answer for you it works wonders , my four year old grandson answered his dad's mobile the other day from PPI and kept asking if they liked scoobydoo as he does and the guy didn't know what to say , made our day lol

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
              Over the past few weeks I have had several calls, some answered, as no scanning on phone, and others not. They are from different voices, when answered, asking for various people. Some will say who is calling, and others say they cannot for security reasons. How daft is that? All are from the friendly Wobbers Way.

Are they circling in or just waiting for somebody to answer, "The Bucket residence. Mistress of the house." or the like and then shout "gotcha"?
              You're crediting them far too much intelligence!

Many are automated dialing systems which will then connect with the next available agent. Very often they have no idea who they are dialing until a couple of seconds before you answer as the account details are pulled up on the screen for them.

Chances of anyone calling you, with a full understanding of the account are zero.

Give them the same level of personal understanding and don't hesitate in wasting their time. Putting the phone next to the radio and walking off for 30 minutes is always satisfying.
              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Or by the telly x

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                  Many are automated dialing systems which will then connect with the next available agent. Very often they have no idea who they are dialing until a couple of seconds before you answer as the account details are pulled up on the screen for them.
                  Spot on mate - that IS how it works
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm on giffgaff and if someone calls me i get extra minutes,, so i wonder if i should accept the calls and profit by extra minutes ?

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                      I'm on giffgaff and if someone calls me i get extra minutes,, so i wonder if i should accept the calls and profit by extra minutes ?
                      Get a new number, share it here and we'll ask members to change their number

We still have a few - but from year 3-5 we had less than 50 calls so ditched 8 of the 10 numbers we used to offer

Comment

Gone quiet for the meantime, thankfully

Comment

Working...
                        X