GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What actually happens with old CCJs and how can you protect yourself ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What actually happens with old CCJs and how can you protect yourself ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What actually happens with old CCJs and how can you protect yourself ?

So your CCJ gets to 6 years old and drops off your credit file. Great you think, but is it ?

You put your head back up above the parapet and bang, the CCJ holder, perhaps 5 times removed from the original creditor, comes out of the woodwork and wants paying. Perhaps not all, but definitely some.

I did hear that if a long period of time had elapsed between issuing the CCJ and it being enforced, then it may have to go back to court. I also heard that as long as the creditor can present a reasonable case why they did not go after the debtor earlier, the court will uphold the CCJ. I am led to believe that the creditor not knowing the whereabouts of the debtor would be sufficient evidence.

So where does that leave your credit file ? the default has dropped off, as has the CCJ but Messrs Sue, Grabbit & Run are on your case and looking for blood. They bought your £10,000 CCJ for £100 and are thinking about claiming a windfall.

Knowing all this, you are devising a plan of attack. You want to strike a very low percentage full and final deal with the current CCJ holder but you don't know who that is. Do you have to approach the original lender and work through the trail from there ?

But all the time you are wary. Up until now you have been camouflaged but now you are out in the open. The last thing you need is to start a new 6 year clock ticking on your credit file.

So has anyone gone through this or really know their onions when it comes to old time CCJs and dealing with the fact that whilst they may go away for a while, they never die ?
Working...
X