GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Jeremy Clarkson, Shoot the Strikers - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeremy Clarkson, Shoot the Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeremy Clarkson, Shoot the Strikers

This evening Jeremy Clarkson went on television to say that striking public service workers should be Executed in front of their own families.

Sorry Mr Clarkson, I have sometimes found your remarks mildly amusing. I remember you as a Cub Reporter on the Local Weekly Rag in a South Yorkshire town being barred from reporting on the Council meetings for turning up Pished.

For a man who earns 1M a year from your TV show and syndication rights LINK How rich is Jeremy Clarkson?

And doesn't like to discuss how much you a worth (is it so Customs and Revenue don't take too close a look) Live in a Mansion and have a stable of cars. Hows the Range Rover BTW?
    OK for the School run?

You are in no position to criticise workers, who in some cases have not had a pay rise for 3 years while inflation runs at 5%
    I will do the math for you, that leaves some workers 15% down in their annual income in real terms, while you plug another DVD.

You may say you were joking, well mate this time you went over the line. I hope the public tell you where to put your next DVD, probably there wont be room as your already up yourself.

Regards, Handy.
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Re: Jeremy Clarkson, Shoot the Strikers

And Now Cameron is defending Clarkson.
    Cameron says he was "Silly" spoken like a true Public School Boy.
    LINKDavid Cameron: Jeremy Clarkson Was 'Silly' To Say Strikers Should Be Shot

I'm not really surprised because in the last few days the Top Gear Team have been filming their Christmas special outside number 10.

Back in 2009 Clarkson was hauled up for his insults about Gordon Brown.

Quote "Clarkson, who previously had to apologise to the prime minister in February after calling him "a one-eyed Scottish idiot", is understood to have described Brown as a "c**t" in not-for-broadcast comments to the studio audience during the recording of this week's Top Gear programme on Wednesday night".

We now know what side of the fence Clarkson is on now, His Own!

It has been said he has started this furore in order to increase his publicity. Well if you want to be even better known Mr C, keep it up.

Regards, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Oh leave the guy alone - he's just saying what millions of us are thinking!

Moan about the Gvt fine, Clarkson is still one of us - ie anti banks etc (he hates them - as his books confirm)!

* ps I love Jezza
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I just wish that there was a little less duplicity here. As Mr Clarkson does a lot of work for the BBC, his obscene level of "salary" and benefits is also paid from the public purse. I think he's a complete "dickhead" as Jaspar Carrott would say.

Blows rapsberry, blows rasberry. (no sound effects on AAD ????)

the real problem occurs because it is the lower paid public servants who are going to bear the brunt. I see no moans about pensions, bonuses, salary levels etc coming from the mandarins of Whitehall or High Court judges.

I do wonder why.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

isn't it convenient what was said before this VT was edited out. In the run up when asked about the strikes he said.

"I think they have been fantastic. Absolutely. London today has just been empty. Everybody stayed at home, you can whizz about, restaurants are empty," he went on, "It's also like being back in the 70s. It makes me feel at home somehow," before adding: "But we have to balance this though, because this is the BBC. "Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?"

Once again Clarkson was taking the p*ss out of the BBC's claim to be balanced and neutral which we all know is absolute tosh...
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            I think he's a complete "dickhead" as Jaspar Carrott would say.
            How can you be sure he is still 'complete'?

For all you know, he might have some bits missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              This evening Jeremy Clarkson went on television to say that striking public service workers should be Executed in front of their own families.
              I agree - it was almost unpardonable.

It would also be less than friendly to the environment. Why waste bullets on them? Hanging uses much less energy and leaves bullets over to be used where they'll be needed next, in Iranistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Back in 2009 Clarkson was hauled up for his insults about Gordon Brown.

Quote "Clarkson, who previously had to apologise to the prime minister in February after calling him "a one-eyed Scottish idiot", is understood to have described Brown as a "c**t" in not-for-broadcast comments to the studio audience during the recording of this week's Top Gear programme on Wednesday night".
                Neither comment was appropriate. I did not know that Gordon Brown was a cyclops, but one really should not make fun of his physical disability. Nor was it acceptable to liken Gordon Brown to part of a woman's nether regions, for that could suggest he had at least one useful function.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Neither comment was appropriate. I did not know that Gordon Brown was a cyclops, but one really should not make fun of his physical disability. Nor was it acceptable to liken Gordon Brown to part of a woman's nether regions, for that could suggest he had at least one useful function.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Only just saw the clip, and it was obvious even to me that he was joking.

He made a lot of positive comments about the strikes, and then said something like "as this is the BBC and we must have balance....... blah blah blah".

i.e. it was said in counterpoint as a joke.

Still in piss poor taste though and he should know better.

Good for publicity, and bet his book sells more at xmas. (Never a motivation eh?)

As the BBC are also cutting back on expensive presenters.........
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                      Good for publicity, and bet his book sells more at xmas. (Never a motivation eh?)
                      I'll buy his book! Round the Bend I think is the latest one..?

* did you know he is actually "drinking buddies" with Dave Cameron?

Comment

I did hear that said.

I used to sort of like him, in a grudging way.

Just annoys me now though.
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                          I did hear that said.

I used to sort of like him, in a grudging way.

Just annoys me now though.
                          Quite.

Do you feel the same about Jeremy Clarkson?

Comment

Politics must not enter into this but take the piss as much as you like out of Gordon Brown BUT, great big BUT the debt of gratitude we all owe him for keeping us OUT of the eurozone is enormous!!! Despite Bliar and cohorts.

By the way he lost an eye from a rugby accident as a young person.

regards
                            Garlok
                            Last edited by garlok; 2 December 2011, 09:23.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              but is it a disablilty?

Logically a disability can only be so if it causes problems. I'm deaf on my right side, it doesn't cause me any problems so i do not see it as a disability.
                              I also have a friend who is blind in one eye, caused as a child by getting a piece of wire stuck in it. His is a little more obvious as his good eye will be looking at you and his dead eye will be looking at a tree in a distant field, again he's worked around it and also would not describe it as a disability.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

Working...
                              X