GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Is this good value? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this good value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this good value?

As I'm sure you're all aware by now I'm the least techie person in the world - the average Amish is better with computers than me! I want to get a tablet thingy to take with me when I travel so that I can keep in touch with family and friends. I've found this one on ebay which looks good to me and a fair price, but I just wanted to make sure.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Re: Is this good value?

Hi Ames, the spec looks good but try to get more information before you buy. I bought an iphone 3 look alike, apart from it taking 2 sim cards it only works like a normal mobile phone. I cant get half the apps to work, it is lacking in memory even with an 8 Gb TF Card and the Google only works in Chinese. (True).

Don't get me wrong some of the unbranded imported stuff is good, if only basic.

Maybe one of our techie mates will give a more intelligent appraisal.

I know of one company (reputable that I have bought from several times) that is offering refurbished Dell Steak Mobile Phone / Android tablets for @ £180.

Regards, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
      As I'm sure you're all aware by now I'm the least techie person in the world - the average Amish is better with computers than me! I want to get a tablet thingy to take with me when I travel so that I can keep in touch with family and friends. I've found this one on ebay which looks good to me and a fair price, but I just wanted to make sure.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
      a quick google on the product number reveals .. the first link of
      not good

plus search about you can get that particular model cheaper aswell
      Last edited by stevieb; 23 September 2011, 12:29.

Comment

I've had 3 so far from amazon marketplace....they've all gone back waste of time TBH I have an android phone that does all I need..wanted one to read ebooks on though so grabbed a kindle now instead (the android mobile has a small screen so difficult to read a book on the go!)

they're cheap for a reason...the one I had the capacitive touch screen was TERRIBLE you had to prod/poke/swear at the bloody thing and half the time it always selected the wrong thing...and wifi?? you had to be sat on top of the router to get a signal!..could you not save a little more and look at a netbook??

http://www.hotukdeals.com/search?act...amsung+netbook
        Last edited by philnicandamy; 23 September 2011, 12:41.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I was going to get a netbook when I got my new laptop but let dad talk me out of it. I just want something small and cheap for checking emails when I'm away. A phone would cost too much in calls and texts, and I don't want to spend a lot in case it gets nicked while I'm sleeping on the train. I've got an ipod and an eReader, so my entertainment's sorted, it's just the 'staying in touch' side that's a problem. My dad and sister probably wouldn't notice if I didn't contact them for a month, but some Hostels need you to confirm a few days before getting there, and I'll need to check for uni emails and things, and look up weather reports etc.

So, in short, I want something less than £100 to connect to the internet, and it needs to be light due to airline weight restrictions when I fly out, and because I'll be carrying it with me all day every day so it's not nicked from the hostel.
          Last edited by Ames; 23 September 2011, 17:10.

Comment

Working...
          X