GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone know how to turn filter keys off on windows - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to turn filter keys off on windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to turn filter keys off on windows

I was deleting a ton of emails and have managed to turn filter keys on cos I held the shift key down too long. How do I turn them off?

I can no longer click on a single email - it highlights three. And if I try to use the scroll button on the mouse, it scrolls though my address history!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Anyone know how to turn filter keys off on windows

And I have just found out that ANY link I click will open a new windows box. So when I just clicked reply - a new window opened.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Two things you can try Oscar, that might (or might not!) help!

Firstly, try pressing both shift keys together for a few seconds, as this can turn off what you have turned on.

Secondly, if that doesn't work, click
      Start > Control Panel > Accessibility Options
      Then untick any boxes that have been ticked (ie. sticky keys, filter keys etc)

If either of those don't work, you'll hae to wait for someone more knowledgeable to pop along, but I hope this helps

Diddly x

(PS. moved thread to "techie stuff" as you might get a better response in here)
      Last edited by diddlydee; 19 February 2011, 08:21. Reason: added "move thread" reason
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Hit shift about 5 times. A pop up will come asking about sticky keys.

About the opening in new window, thats a simple fix in your IE settings (if using IE). But.. it can also be caused by having your SHIFT key stuck...... which going by your other problem it shold be something you check out.
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Thanks both. I managed to solve it with random acts of violence. Domestic abuse of computer keyboards - what has the world come to?

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
            I was deleting a ton of emails and have managed to turn filter keys on cos I held the shift key down too long. How do I turn them off?

I can no longer click on a single email - it highlights three. And if I try to use the scroll button on the mouse, it scrolls though my address history!
            Unless i'm being thick here, why don't you google it then head to MS for the simple fix ---> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true

This is also quite useful: ---> http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/463/

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Nid - but you're three months too late! :niddy

Comment

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X