GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re HP Deskjet 1280 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re HP Deskjet 1280

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re HP Deskjet 1280

Has anyone any information with regard to drivers on this printer please. It is an A3 Deskjet which we have used for a while from brand new but in reality is still in really good nick. Unfortunately we have to keep one of our systems running Windows XP because there seems to be no driver for this printer available. HP are a complete waste of time and their support on-line is even worse. Many of the PC forums here and abroad are complaining of the same issue. Microsoft and others are saying just hook it up to W7 system and the "intelligence" (Ho bloody Ho) of W7 will sort it out. Others are saying it just won't work and further some folk are saying use one of the generic HP Deskjet drivers.

H'mm. It wasn't a problem till last night, just used the network to access the thing for my drawings and Mrs G's stuff runs on XP anyway, but the XP system has started to throw wobblers. It shuts down and powers off at odd moments without warning. Hence if we upgrade we need to get a new operating system with new hardware.

Any thoughts or experience please?

regards
    G

Re: Re HP Deskjet 1280

all drivers for that specific printer are in this list mate - take your pick

--> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

WinXP Driver --> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tem=dj-28201-1

Win8 Driver --> Take your pick from those listed or tell me the version you need mate
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok Mate thanks. As soon as we are ready to go I will look at those links. Seems to be a real waste of a good printer to dump it and buy new. The other good thing about upgrading Mrs G to W7/8 is Microsoft Security Essentials. I used it from day one on the rebuild of my CAD system and it seems to be a hell of a lot better than Norton which hopefully will go when the final XP system bites the dust.

Many thanks
        regards
        G

Comment

dont bother with win 8, stick with 7 for now.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
            Seems to be a real waste of a good printer to dump it and buy new.
            That's what I like to hear!

I also have an old 13-year-old HP printer; I put it in storage for a few months six years ago and stupidly didn't remove the ink cartridges. They leaked, and the double-sided feature hasn't worked since then, but I'm still quite amazed at the print quality. I imagine a new printer bought now wouldn't last much beyond a year!

Good luck with the drivers.

Comment

Thanks Pip. I also have an A2 Pacific Data Protracer monochrome of 1992 approx vintage we bought new for drawing activities. Its DOS only and a parallel port connector. Still works great but there is only one Windows driver out there called Winline from Australia. The trial programme which writes their logo all over your drawings is great and the printer works OK. However its £150 via Shareware to get the license code.

regards
              G

Comment

Yippee!! After a load of screwing around. HP are pretty useless on the support front. The HP Print and Scan Doctor that is available as the only download for this printer against Windows 7 64 bit OS's sends you in aloop back to the same page ho hum. However looking around the net on the various discussion groups I found that people were claiming success by either downloading the Vista driver (didn't work for me like some others) OR using the 1220C or 1120C driver available on W7. Initially didn't work and was told to use the "Add Printer Wizard" Grrr! didn't work until I just changed the printer name on USB port003 to "HP Deskjet 1280" and I can print documents OK. Haven't checked the drawings yet.

regards
                G

Comment

Working...
                X