GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Most used Software free or paid for (or not) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most used Software free or paid for (or not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most used Software free or paid for (or not)

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    clever - we can all copy Wiki but do you believe everything you read on Wiki

Consumer Debt Wiki - Consumer Debt Wiki

we can all copy Wiki but do you believe everything you read on Wiki
    ' is that not a Contradiction' :niddy
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Click Start -> All Programs -> Startup ->

What file names appear in that list?
      I'll have a look when I'm on a proper computer later and see if there is anything I can close.

Comment

Ok so what do I use (here goes)!

win7 (64bit)
        MS Essentials
        Office 2007
        notepad++
        PHP Python v.3
        Adobe Photoshop
        Adobe Elements
        Adobe Premier Pro
        Adobe PDF Creator
        Macromedia MX
        Dreamweaver MX
        Freehand (Someone to hold my Beer)
        Flash MX
        Firefox/Explorer(9)/Chrome/Safari
        Firebug
        Syntax Check 4.4

And that's about the lot
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

here you go:

Type in google search: operating software wiki:

Page loads as: Operating system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now type in 'operating software' in 'TOP RIGHT SEARCH' on that wiki page and you get this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ecial%3ASearch

A: The page "Operating software" does not exist

Comment

Its cos it's not software - its a program

Hence, correctly, Operating Software will not be there
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
              I'll have a look when I'm on a proper computer later and see if there is anything I can close.
              A proper computer?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                Try launching the task manager and looking at the active processes there
                The installer would close upon shutdown so not that!

Add/Remove programs - remove it totally then try again maybe?

Comment

MX? the year is now 2012 not 2002!
                  I know how to use it

I have access to every new program and software out there but not interested. Sometimes old is better (stability/graphics interface/usability etc)

Comment

A proper computer?
                    I'm on an iPad at the moment, and I have problems with these. Portability is handy, but you have to type slowly, and the auto correct can make you look like a pollock. I don't need auto correct to do that, I can do it by myself.

Here is an example of what happens if I type normally:

OK, les see how this keeps up with me when I'm typing normally . So far it seems to be doing pretty well, isn't it a bitch that Wyeth want to show the problem with something it behaves.wel. At least we got a bit of a mistake there , but normally it's kaboslutely pans at keeping up with me.

Lol!

Comment

Try typing on an iPhone as I am at the moment. Same issues with auto 'correct' only you only use one finger to type so much slower. Also much more portable!
                      haha - as you can see I make 100's of errors when using iPhone, plus I hate linking.

One thing I learned though, if you want a link to open in a new window just hold down on the link URL and it pops up with a option to open in new window so copying links is now easier.

I have disabled auto-correct so it just does what I type thus you see a lot of spelling errors lately

* well that's my excuse and I is a stickin to it

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                        See post 34. I'll try and download it again tomorrow, but I tried three times and each time it downloads, then when it starts to install, it asks me to close some Libre Office Start Up software which I can't because I'm not aware of there being any open as the program isn't yet installed.
                        Is OpenOffice conflicting in some way? Or as said, a previous incomplete install?

I never use the annoying things, but Libre/OpenOffice can set up a quickstart option that loads when your computer starts. Usually with a system tray icon. Basically it loads core parts of the Libre/OpenOffice suit into memory on system startup.

Just a thought....

EDIT: Using the Quickstarter under Windows - Apache OpenOffice.org Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                          Is OpenOffice conflicting in some way? Or as said, a previous incomplete install?

I never use the annoying things, but Libre/OpenOffice can set up a quickstart option that loads when your computer starts. Usually with a system tray icon. Basically it loads core parts of the Libre/OpenOffice suit into memory on system startup.

Just a thought....

EDIT: Using the Quickstarter under Windows - Apache OpenOffice.org Wiki

Well done and thank you Rizzle. Uninstalled Open Office and it went on straight away. I already prefer the look of it as it has much more similarity to MS Office than Open Office does. We'll see how well it really performs in coming weeks.

Thanks again all for helping me get it installed.

Comment

Excellent BBoo.

Comment

Firefox extension i have just found called memory restart which can automatically restart Firefox at a specified memory usage.
                              I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post

Not a program but a useful resource – HDDownloader.com – take the URL of a YouTube music video and stick it into this site, and you get a reasonable quality mp3 (as much as mp3 can ever be reasonable quality) of the sound which you can then download. Clean it up in RX2 and you often get something which is listenable.
                                Thank you for this SH as been looking for a good youtube video ripper for a while.

for example
                                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X