GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Most used Software free or paid for (or not) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most used Software free or paid for (or not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most used Software free or paid for (or not)

or i've office 2010...

Comment

Got Office 2003 and Open Office, but they reckon this Libre Office is better than Open Office. Obviously not for me lol!

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
        or i've office 2010...
        I found it slower than 07 thus went back but to be fair xp is still easiest to use.

I'm used to tabs cos of Firefox but still.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I found it slower than 07 thus went back but to be fair xp is still easiest to use.

I'm used to tabs cos of Firefox but still.
          it was to start...but once i'd had a play under the bonnet its bobbing along pretty quickly now

Comment

If anyone needs image manipulation software (any dca's in here ?) then GIMP does most things you would need

Comment

An operating system (OS) is a set of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. The operating system is a vital component of the system software in a computer system. Application programs require an operating system to function.

Operating system -
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sorry got banned on CAG and when i went to post on thread came up with same sorta info so just feaking out a lil bit
                Last edited by kilasuit; 18 June 2012, 19:16. Reason: checking
                I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Aint we all

Comment

I thought I'd stick a post on this thread as none of my most used software programs appear to have been mentioned so far -

foobar2000 (free) – Audio player

Audacity (free) – Audio file editor

Izotope RX2 ($350) – Audio clean up software

Other programs I use which haven't been mentioned –

Alleycode (free) – The best HTML editor for building websites
                    Paint.NET (free) – Graphics program (graphics are the one thing I am completely useless at on a PC, but this at least allows me to do basic image editing)
                    MediaJoin (free) – lets you stick video or audio clips together
                    Irfanview (free) – allows you to join images together
                    RealPlayer (free) – plays video and also lets you download video from sharing sites

Not a program but a useful resource – HDDownloader.com – take the URL of a YouTube music video and stick it into this site, and you get a reasonable quality mp3 (as much as mp3 can ever be reasonable quality) of the sound which you can then download. Clean it up in RX2 and you often get something which is listenable.

Most of the other programs I use have already been mentioned. I use Open Office (laptop) and Libre Office (desktop) every day because I make my living from the written word, although I'm not sure anyone who reads my posts on this site will be able to believe that!

SH

Comment

I forgot Audacity - excellent program which wasn't free when I started using it!

Would security interfere with downloading Libre Office?

Comment

I forgot about this

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

Runs a simple check on all windows systems and tells you what software your running

and also if the updates are uptodate
                        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          What happens when you try to download that program? What goes wrong?

See post 34. I'll try and download it again tomorrow, but I tried three times and each time it downloads, then when it starts to install, it asks me to close some Libre Office Start Up software which I can't because I'm not aware of there being any open as the program isn't yet installed.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post

An operating system (OS) is a set of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. The operating system is a vital component of the system software in a computer system. Application programs require an operating system to function.

Operating system -
                            clever - we can all copy Wiki but do you believe everything you read on Wiki

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                              That's exactly what I got. It downloaded, but when I tried to install it asked me to close some start up software and I hadn't a clue what it was on about.
                              Click Start -> All Programs -> Startup ->

What file names appear in that list?

Comment

Ok so what do I use (here goes)!

win7 (64bit)
                                MS Essentials
                                Office 2007
                                notepad++
                                PHP Python v.3
                                Adobe Photoshop
                                Adobe Elements
                                Adobe Premier Pro
                                Adobe PDF Creator
                                Macromedia MX
                                Dreamweaver MX
                                Freehand MX
                                Flash MX
                                Firefox/Explorer(9)/Chrome/Safari
                                Firebug
                                Syntax Check 4.4

And that's about the lot

Comment

Working...
                                X