GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Home made! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home made!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home made!

Diddles gonna make the paella soon!! eek

Comment

As Ms 5corpio back home this weekend, i'll be making....

Ms5corpio:
      Stuffed garlic Chix Breast, under the grill with her Fav Gem Lettuce & Springonions with home grown garlic & butter melted 'Drizzled over Rustic homemade bread'

Moi:

Poaching my Chix (might splash out on a sml tub of fromage frais or Dbl cream & add some local wholegrain mustard seed as a sauce with mine) and i'll be having that with Baby Piper Potats with homemade Garlic Oil and cracked pepper & rock salt stirred into my Potats....with salad stuff...
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylooloo
        5copio i got the bats for the little loos - we will make them next time they are up !
        very nice Looloo - if you got a Home Bargains shop near you (a bit like a Lidel/Aldi/B&M Bargains)......they also had Spiders, Witches [size=5](i think), as well not bad for £.69p to make
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Really cool - we also got the toffee apple ones

Comment

Re: Home Made

Originally posted by Phoenix
            I am mega-impressed, 5corpio.
            £50 for a month! And when you think what some of those super-chefs charge at their posh restaurants! Come to that, the sort of ingredients they recommend using are hardly cheap.
            Think you should go on Masterchef - or better still, ask for your own programme - Budget Masterchef. Would fit in really well in the current economic climate!
            i have 6x portion of Lasagne in the freezer left

Mince cost me: £2.00 2x 500g - Lidel
            White sauce cost me £1.90
            Lasagne sauce cost me £.90p
            Home Grown Garlic 0p (family)
            chopped Toms £.19p
            Lasagne Sheets £.24p (enough to make 2 trays worth)
            cheese 500g £2.00 (enough to make 2 trays worth)

total cost: £7.23 (round it off as 10 quid for 16 portions

15x slice garlic bread pieces £1.00 Farmfoods

And i actually make 2 layer pasta lasagne

Or Mix Broth Soup Bag £.89p Stock Veg 0p (as i always got stock cubes i think it cost me 89p or something for 12 cubes) Home grown Veg (family) 0p

10 portions made out of the mix broth soup

equates to a starter and a Main course

all for £13.00
            2wks worth of meals (you can do Lasgne, Cottage pie, Beef & Stew, Chix curries, smoked sausage, pasta * Veg tomato sauce dish cost worth £3.00 2 days meal)....its since i became redundant that i went back to cooking large portions of meals to keep costs down..... ;Sh

I;ll move post in a minute

Comment

Rostti or Rossti

1x Spud
              2x Sprigs of Spring Onions
              3x Button Mushrooms
              (Can Add Garlic or Ginger if you want to)
              Oil
              Rock Salt & Crack Pepper Corn

Cheese Grater
              Chefs Ring (a metallic ring cutter)

Step 1: peel the Spud, dice the spring onions and mushrooms.

Step 2: Cheese Grate the Spud *The Cheese grated side*, Then wrap the grated spud in a tea towel and 'Wring the starch from the grated spud' till all the starch drains out of the tea towel (DO this over the kitchen sink)

Step 3: Lightly saute the mushroom and spring onions (add garlic or ginger if you wish)

Step 4: Add the saute mushroom & Spring Onions to the grated Spud

Step 5: Heat the frying pan then add a little Light Virgin Olive oil and followed by placing the chefs ring in the middle of the frying pan & Mix the above ingreds' together and 'COMPACT' in the chefs ring.....for about 5-8 mins then turn the ring over and do the same again (Or until the Rossti is brown golden colour)

You can add cheese into the mix if you wish, or cooked off chicken and make a big rossti with it (depends on the size of the chef ring). others you can add to it instead of Ginger or Garlic, is Parikka, Lime Grass...easy to make as well as whatever you want to add to it really and its cheap to make....

Comment

How to make cheap meals, without breaking the piggy Bank: quick guide

Ideal for Wet, Cold weather:

Mine & Tatties
                Beef Stew
                Steak & Ale Pie
                Soups (Broth, Veggie, Rustic)
                Cottage Pie
                curries

Mince & Tatties: (rough cost £5.00 for 4 portions)

Mince
                Large Potats
                Frozen Peas & Carrots
                Bistro Gravy (Broon Sauce for a spice)

Beef Stew: (rough cost £7.00 for 6 portions)
                Fresh or frozen Beef chunks
                Frozen Peas & Carrots
                Bistro Gravy

Yorkie Puddings (12x for £1.00 from Tesco)

Steak & Ale Pie: (rough cost £7.00 for 6/8 portions)

The same as above but with a bottle of Real Ale added, and a Filo Pastry lid put on

Soups: (rough cost £3.00 for 5/7 portions)

Example: [size=5]Broth 89p bag gives you roughly 10 portions (If you add Veg this will increase portion size)

Cabbage, Potats, Carrots, stock cubes

Cottage Pie: (rough cost £5.00 for 6 portions)

Mince
                Large Potats
                Frozen Peas & Carrots
                Grated cheese

curries: (rough cost £5.00 for 4 portions)

Chix
                Beef
                Prawn (made to eat on the day)
                whole Grain Rice

one pack gives 2 meals:
                [size=5]Mattersons Smoked Sausage Veg/Chargrilled/ 'Various sauces available' Tomato Pasta dish:

Smoked Sausage
                Hot Firey Smoked Sausage
                Garlic Sausage
                Pasta Twirls
                Sauce

Shops to look for nowadays:

B&M Bargains
                Poundshop
                Home Bargains
                Lidel
                Farmfoods (Example: 2x Thick slice Hovis Brown Bread £1.25, Major super markets 3x for £3.00 ie; you can get 4x loafs for £2.50 and save 50p and get an extra loaf)

[size=5](Major Super Markets i find are too expensive nowadays with prices sneakly increasing, but people will still shop with them, Certains items are to be found, But only a few)

Comment

Hiya Scorpio.

We had the Rossti for tea. I didn't have spring onions, so used 1 large onion, I also added grated cheese and a beaten egg to bind it together.......was scrummy with grilled sausages and fried eggs.....hubby really enjoyed his, and it was a cheap meal.!!

Comment

TESCO doin thick veg soup 39p really tasty
                    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

nannas sausage stuff ( as named by kiddies)
                      while boiling potatos
                      fry chopped onions and 3 or 4 sausages cut up small
                      whaen cooked drain most of the oil and add potato water then thicken
                      mash spuds and pour the sausage mixture over ..yummy

i do this when saus need to be used up its cheap and very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52
                        Hiya Scorpio.

We had the Rossti for tea. I didn't have spring onions, so used 1 large onion, I also added grated cheese and a beaten egg to bind it together.......was scrummy with grilled sausages and fried eggs.....hubby really enjoyed his, and it was a cheap meal.!!
                        Glad that you like it Elsie, sounds very nice too (may ave to come around for tea)

Comment

You know we just got a B&M bargains what a cool place!

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br
                            You know we just got a B&M bargains what a cool place!
                            cool place for cool prices (U need a Home Bargains too)....mind you i only live 2 mins walk to both places, as i live in the town centre 2

Comment

Oh we have home bargins and i live close to my town so not far at all.

Comment

we have b n m and h bargains near here

Comment

Working...
                                X