GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Home made! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home made!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home made!

Originally posted by jen_br
    EEK Hate to be the party pooper for this thread... If you are going to copy and paste recipes from BBC or anywhere else make sure you put the source etc.. (as recipes AND images are copyrighted) A lot of forums get into heck over this!!
    Forums are exempt Jen, it is an open source forum meaning the copyright owner MUST come to the webby and request removal providing proof of their source of copyright. Usually the webby just erases the content to save hassle. Don't worry, I have this covered.... ;--G

I am providing a platform for discussion, I cannot be held liable to copyright theft without being warned first. Its impossible for a forum owner to know each and every thread/post and stop copyright theft so the laws are quite different. ;-y
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yeah jen, don't worry I'm aware of it Stated BBC Good Food and Jamie Oliver. Do I need to paste the exact link though?

Comment

Originally posted by Miche*
        yeah jen, don't worry I'm aware of it Stated BBC Good Food and Jamie Oliver. Do I need to paste the exact link though?
        Nope, Just the Reference

Comment

Will do no problem, thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow

Comment

Brilliant recipes everyone going to give them a go.........hmmm hungry now off to have a cuppa and a biccie!! ;-y
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Halloween Pumpkin Cake

Going to try this, this year, with our pumkin leftovers. I made pumpkin soup last year.. utter disaster. Can't fail with a bit o' cake k

Ingredients
              For the cake

* 300g self-raising flour
              * 300g light muscovado sugar
              * 3 tsp mixed spice
              * 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
              * 175g sultanas
              * ½ tsp salt
              * 4 eggs , beaten
              * 200g butter , melted
              * zest 1 orange
              * 1 tbsp orange juice
              * 500g (peeled weight) pumpkin or butternut squash flesh, grated

FOR DRENCHING AND FROSTING

* 200g pack soft cheese
              * 85g butter , softened
              * 100g icing sugar , sifted
              * zest 1 orange and juice of half
              Method

1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter and line a 30 x 20cm baking or small roasting tin with baking parchment. Put the flour, sugar, spice, bicarbonate of soda, sultanas and salt into a large bowl and stir to combine. Beat the eggs into the melted butter, stir in the orange zest and juice, then mix with the dry ingredients till combined. Stir in the pumpkin. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 30 mins, or until golden and springy to the touch.
              2. To make the frosting, beat together the cheese, butter, icing sugar, orange zest and 1 tsp of the juice till smooth and creamy, then set aside in the fridge. When the cake is done, cool for 5 mins then turn it onto a cooling rack. Prick it all over with a skewer and drizzle with the rest of the orange juice while still warm. Leave to cool completely.
              3. If you like, trim the edges of the cake. Give the frosting a quick beat to loosen, then, using a palette knife, spread over the top of the cake in peaks and swirls. If you're making the cake ahead, keep it in the fridge then take out as many pieces as you want 30 mins or so before serving. Will keep, covered, for up to 3 days in the fridge.

*BBC Good Food

Comment

hiya all

a lovely find of a thread today yummy - going to try these out thanks

have a sunny day maz ;-y

Comment

Has anyone got a good and easy paella receipe?

Comment

No, I don't have one, but watched Nigella on the telly the other day, and she made a really easy paella, looked great. Didn't take very long either, she just seemed to tip everything into a big frying pan. Wish I had taken more notice what ingredients she used now.!!

Perhaps you could get the receipe online

Comment

Thanks Elsie - I will check on line.

Mr Loo is desperate for me to make one.

Comment

not keen on seafood but did try the veggie version

http://www.nigella.com/search/results/all/768713

Comment

Looloo, I make paella, but never measure anything, so not much of a recipe I'm afraid!

However, I do this in a lidded wok or large lidded frying pan:

measure some paella rice
                          using the same measure, do double amount of boiling water to rice (ie. 1 mug of rice, so 2 mugs of boiling water etc)
                          an onion finely chopped
                          a garlic clove minced
                          red pepper - sliced or diced
                          green pepper - sliced or diced
                          a couple of chopped fresh tomatoes
                          a whole lemon
                          a bag of prawns defrosted
                          chicken thighs
                          any other fishy bits you might like, ie. mussels, squid etc
                          a chicken stock cube (I use Knorr)
                          good pinch of saffron

1) roast chicken thighs till cooked then remove skin/bone and chop up (eat skin in secret - no-one needs to know)
                          2) meanwhile, gently fry onion in oil for 5 mins till softened, then stir in garlic and rice, cook for further minute.
                          3) add water, stock cube and saffron and stir thoroughly and bring to boil
                          4) top with chopped up cooked chicken thighs, red pepper and green pepper, and tomatoes - do not stir - reduce heat to med/low.
                          5) gently simmer for 10 mins with lid on
                          6) sprinkle over fishy stuff, do not stir! and put lid back on - decrease heat to low
                          7) once cooked and shellfish is hot (another 10 mins or so) check for seasoning, and squeeze over half a lemon. Remove from heat, replace lid and allow to stand for 5 minutes with lid on so all flavours can mix, and the rice doesn't stick to pan.
                          8) finally you can stir, and serve with lemon wedges

Remember, always cook fish last to avoid it going tough. It's nice (well I think so)
                          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

£.69p cost for making halloween Bat kit (Dr Oetker Product) came with cutter, mix, icing

It said you can get 8 bats out of it, we managed to get 10x[attachment=0r024dgm]bats.jpg[/attachmentr024dgm]
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                              Originally posted by Angel
                              Great idea....anyone got a recipie for scotch pancakes....at least thats what we used to call them when we were kids.
                              http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/scottish_ ... ncakes.htm
                              Problemo solved hehe
                              i like 'Haggis, Sqaure Slice sausage, Pancake & Broon Sauce in a Bap'
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

5copio i got the bats for the little loos - we will make them next time they are up !

Comment

Working...
                                X