GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hindhead Tunnel - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hindhead Tunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindhead Tunnel

For anyone traveling on the A3 to either Portsmouth or London will be pleased to hear that the new 1.2 mile tunnel at Hindhead is finally due to open on the 27th July 2011 ahead of time and on budget.

This has taken 4.5 years and was the last remaining weak spot on the A3 which caused delays of 45/60 minutes.

I will be making a special trip though this tunnel next Wednesday purely because it is something I have been following closely and indeed caused me many many delays in my trucking days.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/3832.aspx

Regards

Re: Hindhead Tunnel

This was a massive feat to accomplish and makes you feel proud that we do still have excellent engineering skills in this country.
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 20 July 2011, 19:21.

Comment

Hey mate,

I only live 2 miles from the tunnel.
      I go through it every day to work. Great to finally see the end to the traffic jams there each night........
      -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

The A333 must be really quiet now and how a village should be have they started work around the old A3 yet to return it to its natural state ?

Regards

Comment

They are still changing things around near the punchbowl and top of Grayshott, along with the old hindhead lights. It will be much quieter around there when finished...
          -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Working...
          X