GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script accident chasers change tack - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

accident chasers change tack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accident chasers change tack

Got a different sort of accident call, the other day.

It wasn't the usual, 'have you had an accident in the past 3 years', but we are ringing on behalf of your insurance company about your accident'. The first person was a woman with an unintelligible indian accident so I did not hear everything of the introduction, then I was passed through to a man who though indian was clearer. He said he was calling from my insurance company about the accident.

Well having had a little bump when OH was driving, I responded. They asked for details and I gave a few. Then I thought why? So I said the insurance company knows all the details. So they said the were trying to save us money on premiums

I had said there were 2 people in each car. He asked for the names and telephone numbers of the people which raised a flag, so I asked why as they would have them, surely. Then he said because a passenger was claiming whiplash and shoulder pain and they were trying to help me not pay increased premiums by persuading them not to claim.

I said I did not have the details and he said I could ask OH for them and he would hang on. I said give me number and I will ring back. Eventually he said he would call back in 15 mins.

So when he hung up, I tried 1471 and the line was still active for several minutes. Perhaps trying to get another telephone number. Eventually saw their number was an Internet phone number. They rang back, but I did not answer on another Internet phone number.

So DO NOT discuss anything over the phone. I can imagine giving them names and numbers of those in the other car, they will persuade them to make personal injury claims. Silly me for being so trusting. Thankfully I don't think I gave too much away.
    Last edited by julian; 23 October 2014, 08:21. Reason: phone trouble

Re: accident chasers change tack

01234945006? was it?

TPS needs reporting to ( Nationwide Bureau or some such name), already reported so many times in the last week, TPS report on to it.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I didn't write the numbers and they came up as something like 0031256 and 00512358. So they are not even full numbers for any specific country. They will be doing something illegal on many levels, and probably untraceable.

Real swine. It just shows your mind has to be on the alert all the time.

Comment

There certainly seems to be an upsurge in these calls. I have had them from international, withheld and 'real' numbers over the last few weeks to both my home and mobile numbers.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X