GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script What to get as next car? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to get as next car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What to get as next car?

I drive a lot of miles and for me it's diesel all the way. I have a Honda but I think Skodas offer very good value for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy1976 View Post
      I drive a lot of miles and for me it's diesel all the way. I have a Honda but I think Skodas offer very good value for money.
      Skoda's are very good value and being a VW just in a different skin they are also very reliable.

Comment

Hondas are very good but Kila is a bit young for a Jazz lol

Comment

So basically hold out and get a diesel.

I do drive 60 miles each way to work so makes sense just cant seem to see anything within my bracket thats not done silly amount of miles.
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
            So basically hold out and get a diesel.

I do drive 60 miles each way to work so makes sense just cant seem to see anything within my bracket thats not done silly amount of miles.
            I'm no expert when it comes to cars but I don't think "silly amounts" of miles matter when it comes to diesels, certainly not if they've been regularly serviced.

Mine had over 110K on it when I bought it (it was just short of 5 years old at the time.) I've had it for 7 years and it's only needed work doing that you would expect of a car its age.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Diesel is definitely the way forward I think. I had a Megane a while back - 1.5 diesel so cheap to insure, suburb on economy and had well over 100k on the clock when I sold it (to my parents!). As previously posted, as long as the service history is there you should be fine.

PS Jon1965 I have a Civic but I have driven a Jazz and they aren't that bad

Comment

Working...
              X