GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Trouble with Citroen xsara - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble with Citroen xsara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Citroen xsara

I just do not believe this, the clutch has gone on the car £300 just haven't got any money thinking of scrapping it . I am so fedup of everything

Re: This is the problem

only had the car since Januray so in five months the clutch has gone the bonnet won't open and the exhaust is rattling, phoned the company we bought it off and they said basically its out of warrany . so sick

Comment

O dear!

chin up!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        only had the car since Januray so in five months the clutch has gone the bonnet won't open and the exhaust is rattling, phoned the company we bought it off and they said basically its out of warrany . so sick
        Hi Spent, post up some details, Make, Model, year on the motoring thread. There are a few mechanical types here that can advise and in some cases help.

Regards, Handy.
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Hi Spent, post up some details, Make, Model, year on the motoring thread. There are a few mechanical types here that can advise and in some cases help.

Regards, Handy.
          thanks

Comment

Trouble with Citroen xsara

make Citroen xsara 1.4

clutch is on way out

Comment

Re: Trouble with Citroen xsara

It does seem sometimes that the money is not worth spending on a car doesn't it? But if you have not got the money to buy another car then what do you do? If you scrap it and pocket the £150 quid maybe how do you get about?
              There are some garages by us who will do the work and take part payments until it is paid, it is worth asking locally for any garages who would do this, just an idea but good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                It does seem sometimes that the money is not worth spending on a car doesn't it? But if you have not got the money to buy another car then what do you do? If you scrap it and pocket the £150 quid maybe how do you get about?
                There are some garages by us who will do the work and take part payments until it is paid, it is worth asking locally for any garages who would do this, just an idea but good luck.

There is a garage who we use and he is willing to do it and let us pay £150 tomorrow then £150 next week, will have to see how the business goes tomorrow .

Comment

dropped it at the garage and on the way the clutch went completley so my friend jumped in and jump started it by turning off the engine and putting it in first gear and then we dropped it at the garage paying the guy in two parts so i am praying the business does well tomorrow and everyday .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                    dropped it at the garage and on the way the clutch went completley so my friend jumped in and jump started it by turning off the engine and putting it in first gear and then we dropped it at the garage paying the guy in two parts so i am praying the business does well tomorrow and everyday .
                    Good luck with it, I am sure it will be okay

Comment

Hi Spent, I was going to ask a few questions about your motor, but I'm glad you have it in the garage. Fingers crossed it's going to be straight forward.

Do I take it OH isn't exactly mechanical? (in the car sense that is ) The Citroen isn't exactly one of my favourite cars, but if you only got it in January, like my old car which cost me a bomb then it's probably worth saving?

Regards, Handy
                      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Working...
                      X