GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Common Faults website?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Common Faults website??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Common Faults website??

Seriously, if you're really really stuck, we have a spare vehicle you could borrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
      Seriously, if you're really really stuck, we have a spare vehicle you could borrow.

Aww that's so kind of you BBoo. Thank you x

Comment

Think we will get rid of it once the job's done, don't want the worry of it happening again, going by the forums on that link, it's scary

Comment

Website Europarts, looks pretty good, so wondered if anyone here have heard of these before please?
          http://www.eurocarparts.com/car-parts

What parts would be required altogether to get this job done for example?
          DMF
          Clutch
          Anything else?

Cheers.

We already have the mechanic but do not really want to pay at dealer costs lol.

Comment

With the things that can go wrong with diesels like fuel injection and flywheels you have to wonder if diesel cars are still the cheaper option to run especially as deisel fuel is no longer the cheaper fuel of the two.

Ok you get more MPG but does that really stack up with maintenance costs added?

Comment

Euro carparts are ok DI I use them all the time

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                With the things that can go wrong with diesels like fuel injection and flywheels you have to wonder if diesel cars are still the cheaper option to run especially as deisel fuel is no longer the cheaper fuel of the two.

That is so true Pompey, sometimes I think we would have been better off keeping the Scooby Subaru, saying that it did end up crippling us on the money, but that was in the last recession when hubby then lost his job, when the steel works closed down.

Comment

Euro carparts are ok DI I use them all the time
                  Thank you for confirming this Pompey, it's good to know that other's have used the company and give opinions on what they like before deciding whether to make an order, thanks for that.

However, before we do, we will get the problem double checked on first.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    However, before we do, we will get the problem double checked on first.
                    Before buying anything get a proper qualified opinion (Ford main dealer is best place to start) and do not tell the garage you have an idea what it is, just act 'blonde' and see what THEY tell YOU.

Good luck.
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Before buying anything get a proper qualified opinion (Ford main dealer is best place to start) and do not tell the garage you have an idea what it is, just act 'blonde' and see what THEY tell YOU.

Good luck.
                      Cheers Niddy yeah will do.
                      The "Blonde" part of it will defo be an easy one for me lol.

Thank you x

Comment

I think it is worth it if you do mega miles, but for the average motorist, you are unlikely to recoup any savings on fuel.

I have a diesel, but paid next to nothing for it as always. It is brilliant, totally reliable, except for the very recent blip, does 55mpg round here and just either side of 60mpg on a long run.

I bought it cos it was the right car at the right price, but one should also consider the longevity of diesel engines if, like me, you intend keeping the car till it dies. Mine has done 103K miles and should easily do 250-300K so the rest is likely to wear out before the engine.

If I was buying new, or relatively new, I wouldn't entertain diesel unless it was a real bargain.

Strangely I was offered an Audi A4 diesel last week for £300 with 180K but full Audi service history. It would have been a brilliant money maker, but just didn't have the money. Could have been a quick £300 + profit on EBay.

DI Make sure you get the fault professionally diagnosed by your mechanic before splashing out the money. Get him at minimum to check the clutch slave and master cylinders and make sure there's no fluid leaking anywhere. Don't rely on us amateurs (well I am!) to diagnose without seeing it.

Comment

Thank you all for your excellent advice/info, both myself and hubby appreciate it big time.
                          He has now taken it to the dealer to ask if they can check it out, then afterwards to another known local one called ATS that is just down the road from us, I told him not to feed them with anything other than the symptoms.

See what they say.
                          He did speak to one of his mates on the blower earlier, and he said with his ford diesel it was the clutch bearings, but we shall see.

Meanwhile a few quotes on parts below. (If say the above was the problem).

Mon & Border Car parts
                          Clutch Kit: £275.53
                          Flywheel: £255.50
                          (Bearings: 80.00)

Fast Parts:
                          Clutch Kit with bearings:£328.00
                          Flywheel: £245.00

EuroCarparts:
                          Clutch kit: 287.99 (Think with bearings)
                          Flywheel: 147.60

We are expecting the worse, so will keep an open mind just in case.
                          Shall update as I have updates, thank you all.

Comment

why are you even wasting hot air getting quotes for a problem you do not know exists?

That's like picking a baby name before finding a fella
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Time to trade it in for a tandem, or maybe a little motorbike with a side car lol (George & Mildred), omg what a site for sore eyes that would be.
                              My mother has a spare mobility scooter, will borrow that and stick a turbo on that, that will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                why are you even wasting hot air getting quotes for a problem you do not know exists?

That's like picking a baby name before finding a fella
                                Curiosity Niddy :niddy:niddy

Hopefully it won't be that, but I have a gut feeling.
                                Shall see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X