GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script migraine treatments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

migraine treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: migraine treatments

Use to get them a lot, not so much now, an Italian Doctor use to give me free samples he was given, lie down 24 hours later seemed o.k.,

One day I went to another Doctor (few years later) about one of the children, after a while he asked me why I was leaning to one side to hear him, I had not realised I was doing it, he checked my ears and said you been in ther Forces, yes on the Guns, he turned out to be ex Naval gunnery Officer, he said we both have damaged ear drums, I said strange but I get headaches if I find I cannot hear someone very well, he got up stood behind me and said relax, put his hand on my head and twisted I heard an almighty crack, and the headache went, he said you had a bone out of place, after I said my migrane had gone, oh nothing on your record regarding that you suffered migrane, he said trapped nerve causes migrane symtoms how long has this been going on, years I said, right then he demonstrated how to click neck back in place,

My ex O.H. had the same problem.

Sorry to drag that on but jut let you know in my case it seems to be bone out of place which seemed to suggest migrane problem.

An Aunt of mine years ago use to be laid up in a dark room for days on end with migrane in the 1950s.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 September 2012, 09:16.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobs Crackers View Post
      Hi confused!

You weren't waffling at all, you've made some great points.

I've got a feeling its going to be an absolute nightmare trying to study my diet log, I don't think I'd thought of all the possibilities before. The thought of no more mince pies fills me with horror!

I've started on the magnesium tablets the other day, and oh my goodness, my bottom this morning became a biological hazard with a risk of doing nearby people some real harm!!! I'm hoping that will settle down though. I'm going to give co-enzyme Q10 a go too.

I understand very well that vile pain & have thought myself that my head was going to split in half & have considered doing emergency surgery on myself involving my whole head coming off, but then I might have a few extra problems!

My dad has had them in the past but not for years, my mum also has had them but not for a while, & my 2 brothers occasionally get them too. I seem to be the worst affected for now though.

JC. x
      It is a bit of a nightmare with the food log! Especially when you first start, but once you start to see a pattern (if there is anything food related) and cut a few things out it clears the way to identify other things. For me realising preservatives play a big part in them was quite daunting at first, but now i eat a fresh diet only - fruit, veg, meat, eggs, a bit of rice occasionally. Maybe it won't come to that for you!

If you think it's stress and sleep related, that's a very good starting point. You need to work on reducing the stress in your life and sorting out what is preventing you from having a good night's sleep. Baby steps, you can do it.

I've heard that about magnesium before, it should settle down. You're not taking too high a dose though are you?

Noone else in my family gets them!

Let us know how you get on. xx

Comment

I was lying in the bath last night and remembered a couple of more triggers! Too hot baths aren't good because of the effect on the blood vessels.

The other thing i remembered is the use of some nasal sprays such as Sinex, the ones for a stuffy nose. They also affect the blood vessels and can cause migraines!
        x

Comment

Hi again,

I think if I had to do it, although it might be hard at first, I could possibly do a fresh only diet of fruit, veg, meat & eggs. But yes, one step at a time & it may not come to that. Can you have milk? I'm not sure how easily I could live without that, I could drink the cow dry!

I haven't had a bath for years so hot water can't play a part. Don't worry though, I'm not smelly, I'm a shower girl!

I don't use nasal sprays either, I never liked them when I did try them years ago.

Another reason I need to get to the bottom of my migraines or at least find a solution/answer/plan, is I'm hoping to get pregnant next year & won't be able to take medication. On that note, I can't wait until I can come here & shout at the top of my voice that I'm pregnant!

Thank you so much for your support.

JC. x

Comment

Hi again,

I think if I had to do it, although it might be hard at first, I could possibly do a fresh only diet of fruit, veg, meat & eggs. But yes, one step at a time & it may not come to that. Can you have milk? I'm not sure how easily I could live without that, I could drink the cow dry!

I haven't had a bath for years so hot water can't play a part. Don't worry though, I'm not smelly, I'm a shower girl!

I don't use nasal sprays either, I never liked them when I did try them years ago.

Another reason I need to get to the bottom of my migraines or at least find a solution/answer/plan, is I'm hoping to get pregnant next year & won't be able to take medication. On that note, I can't wait until I can come here & shout at the top of my voice that I'm pregnant!

JC. x

I drink goat's milk , its easier on your stomach and prevents migraines too .
            When you do announce your pregnant we will all be celebrating with you
            Last edited by Spent2much; 28 September 2012, 07:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
              When you do announce your pregnant we will all be celebrating with you
              I can't wait!

Comment

At the moment I have migrane, my neck is not out but pains a little, also I have had a few cups of coffee which I stopped doing for a couple of years now, might be the connection as okay last two years.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya Gangshield,

Sorry to hear that, I hope you're feeling a little better. I too had a migraine this morning, but I woke up with mine in the night & managed to take some pills to relieve it. After my day at work yesterday, I was half expecting mine.

Take care,
                  JC. x

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                    At the moment I have migrane, my neck is not out but pains a little, also I have had a few cups of coffee which I stopped doing for a couple of years now, might be the connection as okay last two years.

Hope your feeling better now.

Damn stupid migraines.

I love cheese and coffee, but they are the culprits for me.

Comment

Hiya Gangshield,

Sorry to hear that, I hope you're feeling a little better. I too had a migraine this morning, but I woke up with mine in the night & managed to take some pills to relieve it. After my day at work yesterday, I was half expecting mine.

Take care,
                      JC. x

Hope you feeling better now too JC.
                      Glad the pills helped x

Comment

Thanks folks, Cheese I had last night as well. just a slight headache now, so sleep it off to-night hopefully, usually works.

Comment

Hi again,

JC. x
                          I don't have milk but only because i don't like it, and cheese disagrees with me. If you've never had a problem with it though, no need to cut it out

JC ooh exciting.... x

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                          aww GS hope you feel better soon. xx

Hiya Gangshield,

Take care,
                          JC. x
                          sorry to hear you've had one as well. i've had a weird one today, woke with one, took some pills, the sore head has eased off but i am left with a very hot head and keep getting the aura on and off all day.

i tend to have one on a Saturday every week, think it's from relaxing after the week x

Comment

Just wondering, have any of you guys ever had any problems with work & their lack of understanding concerning your migraines? If so, how do you cope with it?

I work in a supposedly caring team of mainly women, but many of them are complete bitches & shouldn't work in the environment that we do. I have been known in the past to go into work clutching my sick bowl because of the fear that I'm not believed by some & the subject of idle gossip! If I was over-run with options I'd be out of there, sad unfortunately.

Comment

Just wondering, have any of you guys ever had any problems with work & their lack of understanding concerning your migraines? If so, how do you cope with it?

I work in a supposedly caring team of mainly women, but many of them are complete bitches & shouldn't work in the environment that we do. I have been known in the past to go into work clutching my sick bowl because of the fear that I'm not believed by some & the subject of idle gossip! If I was over-run with options I'd be out of there, sad unfortunately.
                              Fortunately, (or is is unfortunately?) there are so many people affected by migraines either directly or indirectly that the assumption of "It's just a headache - get on with it" has just about disappeared and most people recognise how debilitating a migraine really is.
                              I believe that in some European countries it's actually accepted as a disability because there is just nothing that you can do when you have one.

Where I work there are three other fellow sufferers and there is a good level of understanding when someone can't come in because of a migraine.

My worst experience was a few years ago when one came on whilst I was at work in central London. I tried to get on my way home but had to get of the tube train quite urgently and just made it to the street before being violently sick

I'm sure passers by thought I was a drunk!

Here's another suggestion, if you're taking magnesium try Magnesium oil. (Other sources and brands are available)

Apparently the body absorbs it quicker through the skin than it does in tablet form.

Comment

Stupidly i had two cups of strong coffee the other day, set me right off!

What i hate most, is the feeling the next day, the tight fuzzy head feeling you cant shift until the day after.

Ive decided to cut the coffee out now completely.

Cheese i can deal with if its mild, strong cheese sets me off also, so i stay well away.

Comment

Working...
                                X