GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hayfeaver - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hayfeaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayfeaver

Really suffering this year.

Anyone else lucky to suffer with me?

What do you all find helps relieves the symptoms?
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Re: Hayfeaver

My Son gets that real bad and he gets Loratadine on prescription

loratadine Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings Dosing - WebMD

Comment

unfortunately im taking loratadine and its not doing diddly squit.

looks like back to doctors on friday for me
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Sounds like you may need a corticosteroid spray, Kilasuit, if it's so bad. Good luck at the doctors x

Comment

i'd agree i'm on both drops & spray (nasonex) helps me a fair bit thankfully

Comment

Stupid damn hayfever!

Whoever suffers with this I deeply feel sorry for!

I have been on a list of different meds from the docs for a number of years, some things work for a little while, then it's time to move on to something else.

A right pain.
            Unfortunately I suffer with very bad sinuses all year round as well, getting hayfever on top worsens the condition.
            I have some damaged vessels in regards of the sinuses and lost the sense of smell from my left nostril some years ago.

A friend of mine had an op for her sinuses, in fact 2 but after a week or 2 it never worked, she ended up with black eyes eash time.

Hope the GP finds the right solution for you.
            My mother tends to be a lot better since her doc changed her meds over the last few weeks, I shall have to find out what she was on to what they changed her to, although I understand what works for one may not work for the other and the other way round and so...

I would like to add, that my hubby purchased an allergy machine for me, these have little lights on the end of little bulbs that you leave up your nostrils until the alarm goes off, it does help me and I am aware that it's helped lots of other peeps big time.
            Last edited by di30; 20 June 2012, 16:46.

Comment

you can get loratadine over the counter, boots or supermarket own brand versions are about £1

my nose was so bad this morning...sneezing just after putting mascara on is not a good look! think coco the clown...had to re-do it!

i second a nasal spray from the doctors. just be careful of some over the counter ones as they can give migraines (something to do with constriction/dilation of blood vessels) so if you're a migraine sufferer take care and docs advice

Comment

I agree with the nasal sprays causing migraines!

Used to buy mine from over the counter at once upon a time, and most of it is the same as what the GP would prescribe, but here in Wales scripts are currently free, he adds mine in with my repeats.

I do think the free prescription lark should count for all though, it's just not fair is it?

Comment

On this link below includes a clip of remedies, also the machine I use for my nose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nqCKFvNC0

Drat, how do I put the full page of youtube in now please?
                  I damn hopeless at this lol, cheers.

Comment

I cant use Loratidine - it makes me dozy as (even though its meant to be non drowsy)

I take Ceterazine HydroChloride. Last year, I was REALLY bad so went to docs. There wasnt anything else, but what he did tell me is that it was safe enough to take two tablets - one in the morning, and one in the evening.

I found this worked well for me, plus if you forget one, or want to go for a drink at the weekend, missing one didnt make much difference.

Again, I pick these up fairly cheaply - I think 70p for 14 - one of these cheap all in one type shops like pounstrechers used to be
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My youngest taken this photo of me recovering from a migraine not helped by hayfever lol, naughty boy lol. Looking rough with panda eyes oops!

Comment

Thank you honey yet again lol, I will get there one day. Xx

Comment

Neoclarityn is one of the best. It is desloratadine which was described to me as claritin oncentrated about 50 times (if I remember correctly). It is prescription only. Having lived with hay fever for many years and more to the point having sons and a husband who SUFFER, this was recommended by a pharmacist as one of he best products on the market.
                          Another trick is to smear some Vaseline around your nostrils.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                          X