GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kidney functioning - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kidney functioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kidney functioning

Vint,

Thanks Yes I see GP on Monday so will insist a full MRI scan is done because I have been living with this for over a year now and spead too much time in the loo.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      Vint,

Thanks Yes I see GP on Monday so will insist a full MRI scan is done because I have been living with this for over a year now and spead too much time in the loo.

Hope all goes ok Pompey, something needs to be sorted. xx

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Cheers hun

I know if my results on my cholesterol are too high after my blood fastings thats coming up shortly, they said that is when they will be putting me on statins, will have a word though, thank you.
        So if this helps for cholesterol I then assume they are a help for the kidney's too then?

the BP meds I have to take is one a day of Adizem 180mg and one a day of Perindoprill 2mg.
        The Adizem I've been on them for coming up 10 years or so and the other about 2 years.

My readings at home are always lower than those at the docs, and i take my readings in at every apoointment.

120/70 is great. Mine varies from about a little higher than that at home and can be sky high at the docs, and yes I do think white coat plays a big part of it. As soon as I see the door to the surgery my heart races so madly

So glad to hear that the cancer issues's resolved and done with .
        As there is a family history of cancer, I have had to have genetic tests done and they have mine done as mid to high. Mum and younger sister had breast cancer, my sister was about 31 then, and mum early 60s, diagnosed 3 months within each other, then another 3 months on dad with prostate cancer.
        Thankfully they all got through it too.
        I'm afraid it's a modern scurge Di.

My mother had it in her early 60's and it took her eventually when she was 68. My siter had it in her 40's, but went undiagnosed for so long. She was only 47 when she went.

Do try to push for the Atorvastatin if you have to go on them. So many people have problems with the other cheap versions.

I understand that the statins do have some protective benefit for the Kidney's.

Comment

Vint,

Indeed Pompey. Enough is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
            I'm afraid it's a modern scurge Di.

My mother had it in her early 60's and it took her eventually when she was 68. My siter had it in her 40's, but went undiagnosed for so long. She was only 47 when she went.

Do try to push for the Atorvastatin if you have to go on them. So many people have problems with the other cheap versions.

I understand that the statins do have some protective benefit for the Kidney's.
            Oh god so sorry to hear that Vint! I really am xx

My nephew age 14 has to have a scan on Tuesday, he has a lump on his testicles and unfortunately it's been there for some time and he's only just mentioned it to my sister, a very worrying time.

Yes if they do mention about me going on the statins, if they still feel I should have to go on them, I shall make a note of the Atorvastin, thank you so much x
            Last edited by di30; 18 September 2012, 22:29. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Vint,

Sorry for not asking yesterday Pompey, did all go ok at the docs? xx

Comment

Referring me back to hospital for more tests.

Comment

Referring me back to hospital for more tests.
                  Thank you for letting me know Pompey, was thinking about you yesterday and again so sorry for not posting until now to ask.

Lets hope they get things sorted for you as soon as possible xx

Comment

Thank You for your Concern Di that is heart warming x

Comment

Hey Di.

I order Co Q-10 for my mother from www.Bigvits.co.uk they tend to do they high grade vits and minerals, so you know you are getting the best.

They are imported from america also.

I wouldnt trust any vitamins produced within europe due to Codex legislation, they are all starting to disapear from the market and being replaced by synthasized alternatives or lower grade vitamins and minerals.

Ill never shop in holland and barret for that reason, the vitamins are so poor you would need 10x as much for the same effect.

I really dont trust long term Statin use either, from what ive read it can be dangerous.

Dont worry to much about your nephew, it can be quite common for a lump on your testicle, isnt always anything nasty.

Ive had one since i can remember, its not a cancerous tumar or anything, its just a deformed testicle, happens to feel like 2 big ones and 1 little one (trying to say that without laughing!)
                      Last edited by SXGuy; 19 September 2012, 06:40.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Interesting:

BBC News - Painkillers of millions of headaches

Comment

Thanks folks.

Hope all is well with you.

Went to my appointment today, BP not too bad, although the home reading done just before my appointment was better, so whitecoat to me I think.

Hope your mum gets on well with the Co Q10's as well SXGuy.
                          I know what you mean about vitamins produced in Europe, I wouldn't trust them either.

Anyway, got flu jab out the way the same time today and where I thought it was fastings coming up, they are not due until 5th November, on Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                            Thanks folks.

Hope all is well with you.

Went to my appointment today, BP not too bad, although the home reading done just before my appointment was better, so whitecoat to me I think.

Hope your mum gets on well with the Co Q10's as well SXGuy.
                            I know what you mean about vitamins produced in Europe, I wouldn't trust them either.

Anyway, got flu jab out the way the same time today and where I thought it was fastings coming up, they are not due until 5th November, on Halloween.
                            That time of the year again Thanks for the reminder Di x

Comment

That time of the year again Thanks for the reminder Di x
                              Your welcome Pompey, yes it soon comes round x

Comment

Working...
                              X