GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Kidney functioning - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kidney functioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kidney functioning

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
    Hi Di

You're awfully young to be having hypertension...how long have you had it and have they given a reason for it, ie an underlying problem or hereditory disposition?
    As discussed above, lots of processes are inter-related and kidney problems themselves can cause a high BP, whereas the BP meds can cause lots of side effects...are you on a low salt diet?

Techie stuff aside, try not to worry honey, might be simply a case that your meds need changing or adjusting.
    Let us know how you go on, a big hug and fingers crossed for you!

Shep xx

Cheers hon.

I was about 35 or 36 when I first started suffering. My dad and my nan (his mum) were sufferers of high BP and some on mum's side too.
    So it's possible it carries on in the family, yet I am one of 8 kids and the only one who suffers in our generation.

I do generally eat low salt diets, but have been naughty in between too, chocs/cakes etc, since last week have cut right back.

I don't think that lozenge and hack helped on my results to be honest, it was not long after I ate them down before my blood test was undertaken.
    The next one will be the fastings, so more accurate results then, I hope lol.

I have a feeling there will be a med change, and yes I will let you know how I get on, thank you so much for your kind words too. Xx

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
      Hi Di

You're awfully young to be having hypertension...how long have you had it and have they given a reason for it, ie an underlying problem or hereditory disposition?
      As discussed above, lots of processes are inter-related and kidney problems themselves can cause a high BP, whereas the BP meds can cause lots of side effects...are you on a low salt diet?

Techie stuff aside, try not to worry honey, might be simply a case that your meds need changing or adjusting.
      Let us know how you go on, a big hug and fingers crossed for you!

Shep xx
      Hypertension can affect someone at any age and it was one of the factors that caused my SAH Stroke at just 27 yrs old, I still have hypertension and take quiet a few meds to keep it under control but the main one is Ramipril.

As PlanB says the doctors are fantastic and as hypertension high/low BP is one of the oldest medical ailments it is well researched with many treatments available.

I really would not worry too much Di as your docs are aware and thus will have you fixed up in no time.

Comment

Quite right PF, but if it starts at an early age there's often a specific underlying cause, or genetic tendency, as opposed to the usual wear and tear of ageing, congestive heart failure, atherosclerosis etc

You've been through the mill haven't you PF, bless you

Comment

Yes there was an underlying cause which was an aneurysm and the added pressure of high BP caused this to burst and thus needing open brain surgery to clip the bleed it was this 12 hr operation that caused the stroke and I was warned before hand but it was a case of have the operation and maybe take the hit of a stroke or die easy decision to make.

Quiet rightly so I owe a debt of gratitude to the medical profession and will be a great supporter of our NHS until my time on this planet ends because they have literally given me my life back.

Aneurysm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

i may have been late posting, but saw this as i was scrolling through the telly guide:

Embarrassing Bodies: Live from the Clinic
            Linky HERE There may perhaps be a Re-play on 4OD Linky: HERE for site

The doctors explain the importance of healthy kidneys and show viewers how to check their urine, and Christian Jessen demonstrates how cancerous kidneys are dissected.
            Don't if this is/was of any Help Di
            xxx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Sorry about the problems Marley had, hope all is ok now.

Did Marley have low functioning due to kidney stones, if you don't mind me asking please?
              I haven't googled 'low functioning kidneys' to find out exactly what/how that impacts, but he's suffered from stones for the last 10+ years. Even after having keyhole surgery last year to remove a biggie, he's still not clear and suffers from bouts of renal colic when the stones pass.

Comment

Thank you for all your input and kind words folks, I appreciate it very much, and my mind is more at ease now.

I have not yet contacted them, but I know it's very busy on the first one back from the jubilee hols, so if I do not manage to get to speak to the doc later, I shall try again tomorrow.

Although, I expect if it was urgent and needed sorting straight away they would contact me. Xx

Comment

I plucked up the courage and rang, surprisingly got straight through.

And my urine results are.........................

NORMAL!! YES!!!

Worrying over, thank you all for your support xxxxxxxxx

Comment

Oh my

Comment

Really pleased the tests came back as you were hoping Di, despite the frivolity.
                      Last edited by BBoo; 7 June 2012, 05:20.

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                        Really pleased the tests came back as you were hoping Di, despite the frivolity.
                        Thank you hon.

I was panicking over nothing I think lol, as I always do.

Thank you so muchly x

Comment

So pleased the results came back normal Di

Good luck with the DVT treatment PlanB

(I'm another worrier too )
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm happy for you Di Dare I say "I told you so"

I've been less lucky as my blood clot is misbehaving so I'll be taking a step back from AAD for a while

Comment

Your health must come first, however frustrating it is. You are more important than AAD. Good luck, and do as I'm doing, dip in and out as and when you can.

Comment

Good news Di and I am pleased

Can I remind everyone, please on serious threads only post replies that can help the OP.

IF...x
                                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Working...
                                X