GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My dad is really ill - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad is really ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think my dad is dying

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    That's a long time for them not to have seen their brother. It's sure to be very emotional x
    Yes for me too because i remember as a little girl going to Dunstable Downs with my uncle funny how we remember stuff lol .
    We're waiting for test results now from the hospital , but my dad was a little better last night wonder if the drip gave him some energy x

Comment

What an emotional meeting on Tuesday , the last time we saw my uncle and auntie was 46 years ago, i found them on facebook because my dad wanted to see his sister and brother again.
      I have been chatting with them both for over a year now and when my auntie sent me a private message saying she was coming to England and wanted to come see my dad i was so excited .
      Anyway it went so well and although my dad is very very poorly he looked so happy on the pics .

Will post one later of the three of them you can see the joy in their faces , they never wanted to go and we were all crying and hugging . My auntie wants to visit again this year if she can , its a long way from California.
      I've been invited to go visit and go to Disneyland the original along with my family x

Comment

so glad the visit went well for you all xx
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: My dad is really ill

I'm glad it all went so well and that your dad has rallied a bit.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Glad it went well S2M and that it put a smile on your Dad's face xx
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thank you for changing the thread title , i need to be positive for my dad x

Comment

Lots of thoughts and hugs xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

I don't think my dad will be here much longer - he looks dreadful can't eat much has lost weight - can't walk can't talk

My mum just spoke to me and she is thinking of a care home for him as we are all worn out caring for him - we are cleaning him up day and night - my mum looks exhausted and she is 84 next year . It's breaking my heart all of it .

Comment

You should get him into hospital for blood tests. My mum was like that two years ago and she was really ill. The hospital will have to arrange a care plan before he can go home, so your mum will get some help, or they will get him into a hospice. Good luck, fingers crossed for you. I lost my dad on Christmas Day in 1990 and I still can't get into the Christmas spirit.

Comment

Thinking of both of you xx
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Sending you support at this difficult time.

Comment

My dad has had a full MOT the district nurse has been - the social services have been and someone is going in every morning at 9 to wash and dress my dad . They are being re-assessed and its happening quickly .

In the meantime me and my brother had a massive argument yesterday - my mum has to go to Castle Hill for chek ups on her pallett as she had cancer back in 2010, dad can't be left alone now so my brother agreed to go to my mums and sit with dad from 8.30-9.45 until me and hubby got there , yesterday was frosty so the car was frozen and we had to scrape the windows so we got there at 10. He had a face like thunder when we got there and he got straight up out of his seat and was about to go and i confronted him - he pointed his finger in my face and said i am a lazy cow and do nothing for our parents , he said its all about me me me , that really pissed me off so i yelled at him and swore which i am not proud of , but he turned his back on me so i went in the hallway and said how do you make that out that i do nothing , all you have done is sit here for one hour and your pissed off , he said he had a day off and wants to spend it with his girlfriend , he stormed off . in the meantime his son and daughter deleted me from their facebook in loyalty to their dad as they didn't liek the way i spoke to him lol.

I've since made it up with my brother and i have been this morning to do it all for my parents and as from tomorrow there is a carer going in to dress and wash my dad .

This is me me me the selfish daughter who does nothing lol, while at my mums my dear brother phones to see if they are okay - mum gets off the phone and says. He's okay he said he is spending the day with Kim and they're just going to do what they want and enjoy the day .

Yesterday was me and my husbands day off together but we sat with my dad for four hours until mum returned from hospital . Of course its all about me me me as you can tell i am really selfish and so is my husband who's own mum is very frail .

Comment

My brothers are the same. I get very little help from them. I've stopped asking now. We are lucky for them to visit once a month. I have six of them!

Comment

Just phoned my mum and she has to take my dad to the doctors today at 4 as his blood tests are not good - but she said ' our poor bloody David has to take us on his week off' I said you know what I'm so effing sick of hearing about poor old David and how he is so badly done to . She then defended him saying its his week off and she can't be doing with this arguing with her problems . I do agree with that but its taking the p**s each time poor old David has to do something like get in his car and drive them both for a coffee and cake and the doctors . My brother started all this he has manipulated this -but I'm not letting him . So hacked off right now .

My eldest brother only goes on a Sunday .

Comment

You know that if your mum and dad can't get out, or it's difficult, you can get the district nurse or matron out to take bloods. If my mum needs bloods taken, they come here. I struggle with my mum due to my joint and shoulder pain. The doctors and nurses visit her. The OT is coming next week to discuss getting a toilet seat that washes her after using the loo.

Comment

Working...
                                X