GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My dad is really ill - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dad is really ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think my dad is dying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw3CE04LGiA

Comment

an update about my dad .

He is going for and ecg tomorrow because he needs medication for his memory but because he had a triple bypass in 2004 they cannot give him certain medications .

secondly the bath chair isn't working my dad is scared of it he is having panic attacks and my mum has to help which is nearly killing her as she is not well herself she has a bad hip . I offered to help with the bath time , but my dad won't let me bless him its his pride and i understand that .

They have had another assessment about the wet room , but there is over a year waiting list for it , so my mum has decided to pay for one herself so we are now searching for the best prices, she cannot go on like this and i feel helpless .

Comment

ask if they could get some help towards it, Local authority are very good at NOT letting you know that you could of had help!!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          ask if they could get some help towards it, Local authority are very good at NOT letting you know that you could of had help!!
          My brother is going to ask about any help, we just got back from shopping with them , they like to choose their own food but it takes ages with their walking aides , but they are my parents and its the least i can do once a fortnight plus it gets them out of the house for a few hours .

Comment

to be honest S2M, going shopping with Mr NW is much the same, it would be quicker to take my Mum than him!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

to be honest S2M, going shopping with Mr NW is much the same, it would be quicker to take my Mum than him!
              lol

I knew i wanted to tell you something , i found this on youtube and my grandson laughs like mad at it , and asks me to play it over and over again , he says 'more ' bless him

Comment

well things are not good with my dad , he hasn't been well for over a week now, they can't have a wet room done they are not entitled to one, they had a builder in to assess if one could be done and because the bathroom is so small the window and basically everything has to be stripped out so will cost a lot of money .

My brother is fitting a shower for them but it still won't solve the problem of stepping in and out of the bath or in their case getting on the bath chair which my dad is scared of using . My mum hasn't been out for over a week i am taking them both shopping Monday for food hopefully .

The PN has booked my dad in for physio and also speech therapy and also for him to see a psychologist because is memory is now affected but e cannot have medication as he had a triple bypass in 2005 , feel sorry for my parents , they worked all their lives paid all their tax and insurance and when they need the most help they are refused because they have some savings.

Me and hubby are planning a holiday next November to Florida , its proving hard to get insurance as the small print says the insurance won't pay out if my dad should die or be taken ill and i have to cancel as this is a prexisting medical condition . I feel this is unfair what am i supposed to do sit around for my dad to die before taking a holiday ? that could be years and we haven't had a real holiday since 2009 and as i am my parents carer i feel i need a break .

I am going on holiday but i will just have to pray my dad is okay while i am away , what a sad world we live in all this proves to me is that insurances are just out to make profit and are a complete rip off.

All this with my parents is causing me to feel pretty down and i don't feel like doing anything i can't even motivate myself to do any housework and that's not like me at all

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

All this with my parents is causing me to feel pretty down and i don't feel like doing anything i can't even motivate myself to do any housework and that's not like me at all
                  I really feel for you S2M...I've felt so low myself so know how you're feeling. I think you need to have a word with your doctor or your own health will suffer
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I really feel for you S2M...I've felt so low myself so know how you're feeling. I think you need to have a word with your doctor or your own health will suffer

thank you I don't like being a moaner I just feel so down right now , I am seeing my friend at church tomorrow who is a GP he knows us all so he is aware of what's going on with my dad x

Comment

well my dad really is very ill , he was in hospital yesterday where he had a lot of blood tests heart monitor , and a drip to hydrate him , he went to the day centre to do some physio and the doctor there was very concerned with him and called an ambulance straight away , my mum met him at the hospital .

He can't move his left side and its just got worse , the good news was that his heart was fine according to the doctors , wondering now if this is a stroke or he is in the advanced stages of Parkinsons , I called a family meeting for Thursday to discuss a rota because i can't do it alone its too much for me , I'm cleaning the bedroom carpet everyday and also the bathroom needs cleaning daily as my dad has lost control below bless him . I could cry and cry .

Comment

My uncle from Luton and auntie from California are coming to visit him it might be the last time my auntie at least gets to see him , and my uncle isn't well himself .
                        Not sure if anyone is seeing this but it helps me to share x

Comment

you need to see if the hospital social worker can help in getting help for you, ask the therapist what is available, or where you can go for advice, contact th local Parkinsons association they can be a wealth of help, as can Age UK. I wish you well xxx

I think any help now will come under medical for your dad, so social may not want to help?

Comment

you need to see if the hospital social worker can help in getting help for you, ask the therapist what is available, or where you can go for advice, contact th local Parkinsons association they can be a wealth of help, as can Age UK. I wish you well xxx
                            Thanks i will do on Thursday , my brother will phone them he is quite bossy lol x

Comment

my auntie from California and uncle from Luton are coming to see my dad next Tuesday , aunt hasn't seen my dad since my granddads funeral in 1969 , and uncle since 1979 , it's going to be emotional .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                                my auntie from California and uncle from Luton are coming to see my dad next Tuesday , aunt hasn't seen my dad since my granddads funeral in 1969 , and uncle since 1979 , it's going to be emotional .
                                That's a long time for them not to have seen their brother. It's sure to be very emotional x
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X