GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Good Deeds - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Deeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Deeds

My car-park ticket still had couple hours left, I handed it to a guy who’d just come in and said don’t bother getting a ticket pal there’s a couple of hours left on this one. His face looked like thunder as he growled..

“I’M THE PARKING INSPECTOR”

What a mouthful he gave me you’ve broken the law and can be prosecuted for your actions, I made a quick dash for my car and shouted back to him I bet your glad that there’s criminal’s like me around then to keep you in a job. That shut the miserable auld fart up…

No more good deeds for me lol

Re: Good Deeds

Hi Gerry

I had a similar experience in a hospital carpark a few years ago, I wasn't as lucky as you.

On the way in to see a friend, his wife was just leaving after visiting him, time left on her ticket so she gave it to me GREAT saved £2.
    40 minutes later came out and great big sticker right across drivers side windscreen no way I could see to drive.
    Looked around to see a grinning er looking at me, but he had no idea who he was dealing with, he was stood by his car which was next to his hideout (wooden hut).
    I approached him he had stopped grinning as I got to him, could see he was nervous. I asked if he had put the sticker on Yes he replied, well you had better remove it I said with a smile, a little bit of persuasion and he started his task. took him about 20 minutes and off he went back to his hut.
    got back into my motor drove down to him got out he thought I was going to hit him I think, but I stood in doorway to his hut ( I had seen where the stickers were when I was at the hut previously) reached in and took a sticker against his arguing and peeled back off then stuck it to his car. and said see you mate have a good day.

OH that felt good.

Comment

I don't see what the issue is with parking spaces, and giving someone a ticket.

I've paid to use that space for X period of time, if I wish to move my car and come back within my time limit, I assume I'd still be covered. So why can I not give my ticket to someone else to use. If the inspector hadn't spotted, he would have assumed the person was correctly paid up!

My local hospital charges £2 for 24 hours ... or at least that's what they advertise. Sadly it's not what's actually given. ALL tickets expire at 00:00, so if you came in on a rush to see your wife giving birth at 23:50, paid your £2 and left there at 00:10, then you'd have been fined for not having a ticket! Madness!
      "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Comment

You'll get your reward in heaven
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Do you think I'll get an invite for up there???

Gerry x

Comment

aww Gerry, can i come with you too?LOL

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              aww Gerry, can i come with you too?LOL
              No chance scallywag I'll never get in if your with me..

Gerry x x

Comment

Originally posted by SPENTOUT View Post
                Hi Gerry

I had a similar experience in a hospital carpark a few years ago, I wasn't as lucky as you.

On the way in to see a friend, his wife was just leaving after visiting him, time left on her ticket so she gave it to me GREAT saved £2.
                40 minutes later came out and great big sticker right across drivers side windscreen no way I could see to drive.
                Looked around to see a grinning er looking at me, but he had no idea who he was dealing with, he was stood by his car which was next to his hideout (wooden hut).
                I approached him he had stopped grinning as I got to him, could see he was nervous. I asked if he had put the sticker on Yes he replied, well you had better remove it I said with a smile, a little bit of persuasion and he started his task. took him about 20 minutes and off he went back to his hut.
                got back into my motor drove down to him got out he thought I was going to hit him I think, but I stood in doorway to his hut ( I had seen where the stickers were when I was at the hut previously) reached in and took a sticker against his arguing and peeled back off then stuck it to his car. and said see you mate have a good day.

OH that felt good.
                lol Brilliant good on ye pal....

Gerry x

Comment

better start behaving myself then

Comment

better start behaving myself then
                    Don't worry Di...I'll get you into heaven
                    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
                    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Aww thank you Angelic XXX

Comment

Aww thank you Angelic XXX
                        You're more than welcome...I think most of you might need a hand getting in

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                          You're more than welcome...I think most of you might need a hand getting in
                          Some more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                            Some more than others.
                            That'll be, emmm...you...?

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                              That'll be, emmm...you...?