GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Son stopped by police/over driving limit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• di30
    replied
    Re: Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Sorry to hear that Jen, that is awful.

I agree with your totally!

We too have lost a few family members due to reckless drivers (children), on built up areas as well, and traffic lights was one of incidents.

Even though this happened when i was just a child I told my son all about this and told him he is actually in my opinion getting away lightly, as explained above these courses should be taken before they allowed to go out on the road alone, as part of the learning programme.

I remember actually being a passenger in back of a car and because the other driver opposite was well over the limit in a built up area, we literally rolled and wonder how I got out alive, but mins after I did the car blown up! Something I will never forget just because of someone elses reckless/dangerous driving.

I said to him, all because he was driving on the motorway early hours of the morning with no other cars on the road, if anything had happened to him then who'd have known about it.

I dread it now everytime he goes out.

He's been driving for a few years now and behaved up until then, think he's getting too big for his boots, so he had better learn.

Leave a comment:

• jen_br
    replied

My bestfriends sister killed by some idiot speeding and went through a red. I believe our police use too much "kindness" and need to make those feel it in the wallet and these courses I know are grusome

if he comes out and speeds after this then he needs a smack.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
    Was Mrs Niddy driving when you posted this morning at 7 am ?
    But of course not - we use Taxi from airport to home..... much safer after a 26 hour day travelling!

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    I am so relieved now though that my son got those courses out of the way in regards of his promotion to a Recruitment officer, as he did have quite some travelling to do, so thankfully with a pay increase in with that job will pay for that course at £95 plus Vat.
    For whom does he recruit - the FIA? (link)

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

I am so relieved now though that my son got those courses out of the way in regards of his promotion to a Recruitment officer, as he did have quite some travelling to do, so thankfully with a pay increase in with that job will pay for that course at £95 plus Vat.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

If the government really wanted to, it could not only vastly reduce the motor vehicle accident rate, but also almost eliminate unemployment among the young, unskilled low-life.

All they'd need to do would be to reinstate the Road Locomotive Act.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Cheers Niddy, yeah I know what your saying. He is very lucky indeed.

I still think these safety/speed assessments should be all part of the learning stages of driving..

With my son getting TOO used to the roads especially with the travelling he been doing the last fortnight, driving in regards of his promotion, to Darlington, from there to Newcastle, from there to London then back home to South Wales, all on the same day as well, not good!
    He admitted being tired and I was not happy with the fact that it was just 2 days later he was taking his GF back because she had uni the next day and left it rather late on his return.

Tiredness and driving as we all know is not safe! And not an excuse to speed home because of being tired, I am praying he will learn from this.

However, he is spending the night at his real dad's house tonight, he have not told him yet, but I have, not that it will help but he said he is going to be having words with him as well.
    Last edited by di30; 21 October 2011, 17:16.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    M62 - 7am this morning. Just heading home from airport for usual 60min drive. Traffic came to a standstill and 2hrs later we seen an upturned car with a White van left bumper knackered.... Mrs niddy says he probs tried to cut in too quickly thus clipping poor car that flipped. 3 fire engines: 2 ambulances + the police.

That's not only put me in a foul mood as our 1hr trip took over 3hrs but It must have cost a bomb; what with all the wasted public services. So sorry guys, a 70mph means do 70 - not do 88.

Di your son is lucky; I would actively promote a 5yr ban to all drivers that CAUSE accidents that result in any of our public services being utilised. As your son was bloody lucky, let's hope he sticks to the limit in future as one twat behind him could change his life; however at that speed who do you think would be blamed? A van driver with 20 years or a young lad ??

You know what I'm saying.... You may be the worlds best driver, the problem is those around you..
    Was Mrs Niddy driving when you posted this morning at 7 am ?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

M62 - 7am this morning. Just heading home from airport for usual 60min drive. Traffic came to a standstill and 2hrs later we seen an upturned car with a White van left bumper knackered.... Mrs niddy says he probs tried to cut in too quickly thus clipping poor car that flipped. 3 fire engines: 2 ambulances + the police.

That's not only put me in a foul mood as our 1hr trip took over 3hrs but It must have cost a bomb; what with all the wasted public services. So sorry guys, a 70mph means do 70 - not do 88.

Di your son is lucky; I would actively promote a 5yr ban to all drivers that CAUSE accidents that result in any of our public services being utilised. As your son was bloody lucky, let's hope he sticks to the limit in future as one twat behind him could change his life; however at that speed who do you think would be blamed? A van driver with 20 years or a young lad ??

You know what I'm saying.... You may be the worlds best driver, the problem is those around you..

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by Ames View Post
    Even more confusingly, there only needs to be one lane in each direction.
    Like as at a tilt-yard which could, perhaps, be a duel carriageway?

Leave a comment:

• Ames
    replied

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Its me causing the confusion!!

I have not heard of that definition for a dual carriage way. There are some fairly local to me where there is a grass verge, and sometimes a few trees, but nothing to actually climb over. I have always assumed these to be 60 anyway.
    Even more confusingly, there only needs to be one lane in each direction.

I did learn a lot on the course, I'm a bit of a road rules geek now!

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

a letter should be sent within 14 days from when the offence taken offence on Monday 17 October 2011, just after mid night.
    That's odd.

The full moon had been on the 12th. (link)

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
    Ah Di - it is just one of those things - we have all be guilty of going over the limit at times.
    I don't, ever, exceed the speed limit.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Robin Reliant, hmmmm now that's worth thinking about lol

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

He just has to wait for the letter/form to arrive now, and I understand its 14 days as from when the incident happened.
    Perhaps he could try asking the plods if he could avoid the course if he changed his motor-car for something like a Reliant Robin?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X