GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Son stopped by police/over driving limit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• di30
    replied
    Re: Son stopped by police/over driving limit

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    If the plod couldn't detect even the smell of ginger beer or Tizer on the driver's breath, why bother testing his breath for ethanol?

LOL..........

Good job my son is not the mouthy type though, but know in him he would even admit to something he didn't do just to get it done with.

As everyone tells me, he is too loyal and will not or never has let anyone down in the past.

For example......a few years ago he was scouted and he could have possibly playing for Wales now (footie), his answer was, "No I do not want to let my local team down!!

He has missed out on excellent opportunities over time and never went for them, because he would feel he's letting others down!!!
    Last edited by di30; 24 October 2011, 14:41.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    oh golly my spelling, i mean breathalysed, spelt that wrong in my above post LOL.

When pulled over for speeding, isnt it standard to be breathalysed??
    Why?

Valium won't be detected.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

oh golly my spelling, i mean breathalysed, spelt that wrong in my above post LOL.

When pulled over for speeding, isnt it standard to be breathalysed??

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

Luckily my son had his licence on him and passed everything else, insurance, seat belts, tyres etc the usual, however even though my son wasn't drinking anyway, he don't ever get time lol, but no breatherliser test was done either, I thought that was standard procedure.
    If the plod couldn't detect even the smell of ginger beer or Tizer on the driver's breath, why bother testing his breath for ethanol?

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Oh yes, missed them ones CleverClogs .

Luckily my son had his licence on him and passed everything else, insurance, seat belts, tyres etc the usual, however even though my son wasn't drinking anyway, he don't ever get time lol, but no breatherliser test was done either, I thought that was standard procedure.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

The author of that page seems to be a bit confused about the law, so I was astounded to learn it was written by/for a firm of mechanics rather than by a police officer.

For example, the section on document offences - link - contains two mistakes:
    1. that oine needs a valid MOT test certificate for one's vehicle. Wrong! New vehicles neither have nor need an MOT certificate.
    2. that one needs a valid insurance certificate. Wrong! The Road Traffic Act only requires this as one of two alternatives.

The next section on tax discs starts off with two mistakes:
    You will be aware that your vehicle has to be taxed. Money for this supposedly goes back into improving the road system.
    The last time that VED was hypothecated for highway maintenance/improvements was in 1937, whilst various classes of vehicles are either exempt from paying or even displaying a disc - link.

I must say there is a difference in performance from a standard vauxhall Corsa to that of a Porch!
    Oh, indeed. Most porches don't even have any wheels.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

http://www.karacare.co.uk/law.html

The bushes part rings the bell, the unmarked police car was under a very overhanging tree, one reading taken between 2 officers, there is read up on the above link of they must be in view and it says this.....

"It is frowned upon by forces when an officer "hides" in some bushes (for example) clocks your speed and secretly notes down passing cars number plates".

(Sorry folks for going on, not feeling great at the moment and trying to come to terms with this matter, not that what he did was right, because speeding is an offence, but just wondering where that well over speeding Porch comes into it).
    I must say there is a difference in performance from a standard vauxhall Corsa to that of a Porch!

I should be hearing from my sister and/or nephew (who works for the force) hopefully later on with some info.
    Last edited by di30; 24 October 2011, 11:52.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

That's interesting CleverClogs blimey!! Oops

So as with permanent camera's, the hand held ones are just as reliable then??

I just read this sentence now from the 2nd link I posted above lol, not funny really but funny what it come up with.......

"Other tests showed a bicycle doing 66mph and a parked car doing 22mph."

My son did tell me he did put his foot down a little but sure he did not exceed the 80mph, still over the limit and they said 88mph, but with that other car passing it just made me think if that could have intervened if you know what I'm saying?

It would have been more for the Porch and by the time my son approached, it came down to the middle of his and the other passing driver, if that makes any sense.
    However, he did not argue with the police but only said he did not believe he was doing what they said.

He will however if offered, still attend the course, ............if still offered.
    Last edited by di30; 24 October 2011, 10:42.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

They are only as accurate as the person operating them and the last test certificate. I seem to recall that "Mr Loophole", Nick Freeman - link - has had some success by challenging the validity of an old test certificate. I also seem to recall that there was a case in the American colonies where the defending counsel asked the policeman to use his hand-held radar gun to indicate how fast the judge was then moving; when the device indicated that the judge was apparently travelling at 50mph, the case was thrown out.

Leave a comment:

• Deepie
    replied

Does anyone know how accurate those hand held speed guns are?
    I love this.... just think the pilot should not have stopped it, of course these radar devices are accurate!

Top this for a speeding ticket...

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick were involved in an unusual incident while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road. One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300 mph. Their radar suddenly stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it.

Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district, approaching from the North Sea.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a stiff complaint to the RAF Liaison office.

Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style:

'Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked onto, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, an air-to-ground missile aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also automatically locked onto your equipment. Fortunately the pilot flying the Tornado recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile systems alert status, and was able to override the automated defence system before the missile was launched and your hostile radar installation was destroyed.

Good Day...'

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

A bit of a write up here......News October 24 2011

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...n-scandal.html

The same one used by police in unmarked EVO.
    http://www.speedcameras.org/speed-ca...cle.php?id=117
    Last edited by di30; 24 October 2011, 10:25.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

Does anyone know how accurate those hand held speed guns are?

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

LOL CleverClogs

Shame they did not stop the other car that did pass my son that night (PORCH), with not any other cars on the road either.
    Apparently the Porch driver was doing well over 100mph in the middle lane.

I checked my mobile on the time my son rang me that time it just after it happened it was gone 1am because he was lost, his SAT NAV messed right up! Being a place you never been before he was going round in flipping circles. Three hours drive from home.
    No excuse to speed though, but if it wasnt for the diversion on the previous roads would it have happened I wonder?

The week before he travelled from South Wales to Darlington then to Newcastle all on the same day, also other parts of GB and been driving for a few years now and if he was any kind of boy racer he would have been stopped well by now.
    Again though still no excuse to have done it just that once in my books.

Sickened and stressed through and through, still waiting for letter to come through.
    Last edited by di30; 24 October 2011, 10:09.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

I know how to make him slow down. Just get him to use one of these:

He won't dare to drive quickly over any bumps if he has one of those to remind him.
    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 24 October 2011, 00:18.

Leave a comment:

• di30
    replied

If my dad were still here now, he would be telling him!

When dad came out of the mines, in his spare time he was a driving instructor and everyone he taught through the driving school passed first time and one thing for sure, he would go over and over all safety issues on the road.

I am one of 8 children and by the time it came to me when I was 17, he had to stop, he taught all the older ones but was far too ill to carry on with this.
    So I booked up with the business he used to be with.

He would certainly have something to say about this now.

To be honest, the last few days I have felt ill with stress, BP have risen with worry and I seem to be coming down with everything. I do not need it and he knows it!
    I know I cannot turn back the clock, but it should not have happened, he have yet to wait for the letter to come through the post.

My sister and nephew both work for the police and not happy at all, have given him what for, and told him he will not get away lightly if it happens again!
    Last edited by di30; 23 October 2011, 18:41.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X