GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Music Magpie et al - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music Magpie et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Magpie et al

I have a load of 'things' I need to sell (I hate hoarding, and usually chuck things out)

Has anyone used the companies advertised on the TV like Music Magpie?

I've had a shoofty with a couple of the childrens Wii games and the offer was 60p for one and 32p for another.. mind you it was High School Musical and Prince of Persia I was searching for..

Is MM any good? Anything better? Or should I just ebay them all as a job lot?

Re: Music Magpie et al

If im honest, you will be lucky to get anything decent using sites like music magpie, the adverts are misleading, showing you someone earning £50. You would need to sell about 200 CD's to get around that, at a guess.

My advice, stick it on ebay, look for others on there and see what they are going for. If you think you will get less after seller fees etc, then by all means use magpie, but you may find you get slightly more in the long run on ebay.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I tried entering details for a couple of CDs on MM and considered the offer hardly worth the effort! Particularly as one or two were special editions.

As SXGuy says - do some research on fleabay or maybe even consider taking them to one of these places that deals in pre-owned games and CDs. You might be able to do a deal on something that you want without parting with too much cash.

Comment

Trumpet makes a good point! places like GAME will trade in old games to credit against a new one. Not a lot, but usually better than magpie I reckon.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good points... it's the ease of it all I find attractive lol... scna in, box up, hand over... BUT just read on there that if THEY think what you sent them wasn't up to standard they simply don't pay you and "Rejected items will not be returned
          to you but recycled responsibly"

HA! yeah right...

I think I'll have a nose at GAME... TY guys!

Comment

Oohhh!!! MM wanted to give me 60p for Prince of Persia... game are offering £1.50

Comment

Working...
            X