GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script never knew where to post this - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

never knew where to post this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• never knew where to post this

so i chose here, if its wrong please move it to the right section .

Anyway, is there anything we can do about a neighbours house alarm going off nearly all the time, it has been like this for a few weeks, it stops for a short while then its on for hours and its really annoying .

Re: never knew where to post this

You can pending on the hours complain to the council about noise pollution

Comment

as far as im aware, that would fall under your local councils noise reduction policies.

They will come round and try and sort it out, may even install sound monitors to build a case for noise polution if not resolved.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah go to the council, I did and they sent someone out, said that if it kept going off they would disarm it themselves, bloody thing was going for 5 hours, she came back just as the council team arrived. Sorted.

Comment

^^^^^^^ as above keep a record and inform the council....

have you acutally aproached the neighbour or are they not approachable?

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
            ^^^^^^^ as above keep a record and inform the council....

have you acutally aproached the neighbour or are they not approachable?
            They are never in when its going off and then they don't answer the door when they are at home , i dread to think how their next door neighbour is feeling because its so annoying, it was going off again most of the night it stopped about 5am

Comment

Um. do you ever see them? Just wondering is there a problem in the house have you seen people come in and out recently?

Try letting them know if you do see them! I bet they have a cat or something that is setting it off

let us know how you get on with the council.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
                Yeah go to the council, I did and they sent someone out, said that if it kept going off they would disarm it themselves, bloody thing was going for 5 hours, she came back just as the council team arrived. Sorted.
                well i hope others have complained because the more complaints the council get the better . I am phoning the council today because i have had enough now .

Comment

Working...
                X